Notices
General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

FLASH!! "Ford buys Cummings". No...Really!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bradmulvey
Thats great that Im clueless, that means that the number one dodge dealer in the WORLD is clueless also...
Well in general, I'd estimate that 90% of all automotive dealers and the staff that work there are clueless when it comes to the technical details of the vehicles they sell and especially how they stack up to the competition. This leads to all sorts of crazy rumors about our company owns your company, our company designed your engine, your company's engines are throwing rods through the block, etc., etc. What they do know is how to sell and get a nice commision, that's their job and that's fine.

When the Cummins company itself comes out with an explicit statement to refute the often repeated rumor (see the Cummins website FAQ) that Ford owns ANY part of Cummins, who should we believe? A dealer with NO inside information or an official publicly available statement from the company itself that could (when found fraudulent, and of course it would be found out) be used by share holders to sue the company into oblivion?

I guess the next time I want to know if Columbia Pictures is actually owned by Disney, I'll hop on down to my local Walmart and ask the clerk there because Walmart sells the most DVDs.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe Ford did buy Cummings..But I'll keep my Cummins Dodge and be happy 53, VP44 and all
Old 10-25-2005, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by bradmulvey
Thats great that Im clueless, that means that the number one dodge dealer in the WORLD is clueless also... I could honestly care less what they do, the whole diesel world is completely new to me. But all I know is that I would never buy a duramax because of it crappy tranny, and the powerstroke, well I wont do there... But if you are UNknowledgeable of Dave Smith motors click here
www.Usautosales.com

He is a nobody when it comes to what going to be in the Dodge truck..he might know how to sell them .
Old 10-25-2005, 01:00 PM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Old 10-25-2005, 07:28 PM

"The transmission for the Ram is the upcoming 68RFE. It is based off the
45RFE and will be used for diesel applications. (This is obviously a 6
speed automatic)"

If this is the case, you WILL like the new tranny. Hopefully it will be built to hold up to the Cummins. The way it operates normally and in tow haul mode is fantastic. The double O/D, .75 and .67 ratios would be great with the Cummins. No wierd shifts and it seems to know exactly which gear to be in and when. I have 23k on mine (545RFE has 6 forward ratios) now and it's been flawless behind my double overhead cam Hemi diesel.
But you will like the tranny!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:37 PM

Wy is it that most car salesmans usually dont know what their saleing. Several times when i was looking for my new dodge, i ran into these people, Many could not tell the difference in a gas,diesel, 4x4 or 4x2 and the funniest one was the salesman who did not seam the know what a DRW was

Old 10-26-2005, 01:11 AM

Dave smith motors is the bomb. sold me mine baby for 32K. and threw in a line x liner. but come on guys and gals if you believe a single thing a salesman tells you, you need your head checked. Being an ex salesman i can tell you they will tell you what ever you want to here to get you to like them and think you are friends. then when they go in the secret room they are laughing their *** off at you. don't trust these bottom feeders they are only out for themselves. that is why i quit and went to law enforcement. I had a hard time living with the things i did while a salesman. so now I serve the public and love it. take care you all, my two cents.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:01 AM

Cowboy you are so right! Man I HATED that job! I couldnt make it past 2 months of there total mind games! Even when I quit last month they still call me and tell me they need me, I have to remember one thing, they are salesmen and they will do ANYTHING they can to get you to walk into their show room floor where they can throw numbers in your face and see if they can get you to break. As soon as you show those"bottom dwellers" you soft spot,you are officailly their be-ach!

But to be completly honest with you guys I just mentioned what they were feeding us there at that place. That place is a HUGE rumor mill. Infact I just bought my truck today (05 laramie 3500) and one of the salesmen there asked me infront of my girlfriend if I slept with one of the receptionist(sp?)! Witch I didnt but that is just an example of the BS that goes on. So you guy are probably right on the nose when they (the dealer) tells us about who owns who and what is what.

Anywho... carry on
Old 10-26-2005, 08:46 AM

Ford is coming out with a 6.4L Twin Turbo for 2007. Alot of Ford people are talking about this motor. Let's hope this motor isn't J u n and k too. I have heard to many people having problems with the 6.0 to buy another Found On Road Dead. As for Ford owning Cummins, they could only wish.

DT '03 Superduper 6.0("no comment")