Notices
General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

FLASH!! "Ford buys Cummings". No...Really!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Shortound's post from about a year ago pretty much sums up the quality of the knowldege base found at the local Dealer level.

........ran into that "idiot" at the farm show Friday. I bet y'all didn't know that the new Cummins has 610 hp, and is a dual overhead cam hemi. You can take that to the bank, 'cause a salesman told me that. ..........
Old 08-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally posted by Mike D
This just in...

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Aug. 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (NYSE: KKD) announced today that, on August 9, 2005, a Special Committee comprised of two independent directors of the Krispy Kreme and Ford Motor Company (the "Special Committee") presented a report of its investigation to the Board of Directors. The Special Committee has just finalized plans to up fit the 2006 Ford F-250 and F-350 with a hybrid diesel engine which will run on Krispy Kreme doughnut glazing mixture.
Krispy Kreme's Board of Directors in October 2007 will conduct an independent investigation of various matters pertaining to customer satisfaction from loyal Blue Oval drivers.
Krispy Kreme hopes this venture between the two companies will be beneficial to both the environment and to their bottom line.

What will the new badge be?
"Kreme filled Krispy Blue Oval"
Old 08-19-2005, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I backed my new 05 into the motor shop that repairs all of our electric motors to drop off 4-5 of them. When I shut it down and stepped out, the guys in the shop just grinned, I guess they where expecting the straight pipe and smoke. They all gathered around and started to drool. Even the owner walked back there to stick his head inside and say he wished he'd bought a Dodge, instead of the Chevy. Then one of the kids in the shop asked me why I didn't buy a Ford, because Ford owned Cummins, as with all that's been said here, I told the young and MISinformed, but well meaning kid, that you could HAD to buy the F-650 to get a Cummins, the best way I can explain the look is, glazed over, all night dope smoking, drinking, and only 1 hour sleep before being at work. He responded with an "OH" and walked away. I did give him this website address before I left, so he could get better educated, on trucks, not my spelling.
Hey Kid, if your'e out here, READ and READ some more.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:58 PM

"If ford owned cummins, then why are they puttin trashy engines in good trucks? wouldnt it be much easier to actually put a FORD OWNED product in a FORD MANUFACTURED Truck?"

Funny, but as much as I don't care for the Ford diesels, the engine is still the best part of the truck... I've owned Fords, and I will never buy a blue-oval again. I'm not saying that other brands don't have problems, but Ford seems to have more than their fair share. My father and I were checking out a nice shiny new Ford Supercrappy in a dealer showroom in Concord (N.H.) a couple years ago. The hood of the truck was up, so we were checking out the engine. My father reached up and tried shutting the hood...and it wouldn't even latch! A salesman came over and said they needed to get it into the service department to have it checked out. Its pretty bad when the fit and finish is that bad on a showroom vehicle.

Jim
Old 08-20-2005, 10:32 PM

The seats do feel pretty good.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:34 PM

Hey, ease up on Ford boys. I happen to love mine and I'll match her against any other fellow Cummins owners!.....

Oh, BTW, my Ford is a 1931 A streetrod truck with a GM powerplant
Old 09-09-2005, 11:03 AM

i wish international would bring back the scout considering they still own the name. then they could enhance the scout with a pickup version. then they could decide they wanted to use their own engine. then they could decide to not let ford use theirs. Then fords wouldnt have a diesel right? hey the logic works for me!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:41 PM

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell Hoss
Old 09-09-2005, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A freind at work told me a freind of his just bought a new ford SD powerstroke and in the lititure he got with it it claimed for next year the Cummins will be an option in the 250s and 350s. I said I think your budie miss read something or was flat out dreaming. Then he said he read it too and swore thats what was on the littiture. I told him it will never happen but I will have to see it to balive it.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by bkrukow
A freind at work told me a freind of his just bought a new ford SD powerstroke and in the lititure he got with it it claimed for next year the Cummins will be an option in the 250s and 350s. I said I think your budie miss read something or was flat out dreaming. Then he said he read it too and swore thats what was on the littiture. I told him it will never happen but I will have to see it to balive it.
If that was true he should have waited a year to buy a truck.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:44 PM

No Cummins in an F-550

My bro has an F-550 and it was a custom order from the factory. It has a bed from the 350 (modified) and no, Cummins was not an option. I do not know about the 650, but what I do know is that they are sweet rides. Cannot comment on the engine though, just the visual.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:47 PM

650 has the Cummins available, as well as a nice CAT option.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by spunbearing
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell Hoss
I hate to break it to you guys, but Ford DOES own Cummins. We've been through this time and time again. I don't know why this is so hard for you thick headed dimwits to understand.

I'll just be glad when Ford FINALLY starts offering the Cummins in their "light duty" trucks...especially since Dodge has gone and made their latest trucks just plain UGLY.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:55 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=CMI

The link to who owns the majority of Cummins stock. 96% of Cummins outstanding stock is held by mutual funds, not Ford Motor Company. Ford Motor Company may be invested in those mutual funds which hold Cummins as an investment, but Ford does not own Cummins. It is a publicly traded company with the largest investor holding 29% of the stock. That investor is a mutual fund. Maybe American FDS Insurance is a Ford-owned mutual fund, but I doubt it.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Chapter President

Hoss strikes again!

Quick Reply: FLASH!! "Ford buys Cummings". No...Really!