General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 08:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haven't used it personally, but one of the snowmobile rags that I get has been using Fitch catalysts (drop in tank) in all their sleds, boats, 4wheelers, etc for a few years now and they brag of the fuel stabilizing qualities.
Claim they haven't used a drop of fuel stabilizer in any of their machines and have not had any old/bad fuel problems with anything after storage.
No claim of performace or efficiency gains though.
I'd tend to believe they work well as a fuel stabilizer and know that old and untreated fuel will cause problems, especially in 2 stroke engines.
I always drain most of the fuel, stabilize what's left, and then run the carbs dry (keep fuel in the efi motors), so I only go thru a small amoutn of Stabil or Seafoam. Not worth spending the $40/each for each toy to have a Fitch in the tank, IMO.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zfort001
Hohn I have seen them and the concern i have is that you install it in the fuel line. So if it becomes blocked in any way you have sent your vp44 to vp44 heaven. I myself could not be comfortable with something else in the fuel lines to adding to my concern over the vp44 we all have.
No blockage issues with mine after 4 years.

No gelling at -24F

JH
Old 09-26-2007, 12:09 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Oilguy
I can get that result by changing the way I drive...

Less than $1.00 can help cut your fuel cost by up to 20%!!!

Use the old Apple trick... Accelerate and Decelerate with making the apple fall of the dash and you will probably save 15% or more in fuel.... Keep it at 65 or less and add another 5%....
And it only costs you $.50 for the apple!
You can send me the other $.50 for reminding you the common sense way to save fuel!

Oilguy
put the apple under the throttle