General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Exhaust setting off car alarms

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust setting off car alarms

Has anyone ever driven by a car and set the car alarm off with their exhaust. Did it today, went off as I just pulled away from a stop sign and up a hill. Went by again the other direction and it didn't go off, but when it's on the same side as I am, and my pipe goes by it sets it off. Had to do it a couple times
found something to entertain me for about 20 mins. today
Old 07-07-2006, 08:27 PM

all the time - having an exhaust brake helps.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:42 PM

usually 2-3 times a week...
Old 07-07-2006, 09:37 PM

ok boys and girls gather round for story time...

it was about a year ago when i first straight piped my truck and loving it. at this time the county fair was going on. so, me and my girl took a cruise up there with the windows down enjoying the fresh air, and it had just rained earlier that day so it was just beautiful out. well, we arrived at the county fair and we were driving around on the soft dirt "paths" not so much a road though. and as we were doing so, there were these three other girls and some guy with them, in the middle of the road, walking towards me. as i approached them they merged to the left of me and yell in my window that was down those words that a dodge, mopar, cummins lover just don't like to hear, they were "dodge sucks!". oh man did that tick me off, so i just kept driving and as soon as they got behind me again, i just put my foot into it, and hard, i revved it up to about 3 grand and since the road was practically mud, i just shot a big ol' rooster tail of mud all of those kids, and i set off not one, but two, car alarms. oh man was that a great time at the county fair...

sorry to type all of this just to say "yes i have set off a car alarm with my exhaust before"

ok, carry on...
Old 07-07-2006, 10:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Ridiculous
. oh man was that a great time at the county fair...
they ain't much to do in Plattmouth, is there!?!
lived in Papillion 3 years at Offutt.

i had a BLAST in parking garage last week, scaring pedestrians, only got one car alarm, kinda dissappointed....
Old 07-07-2006, 10:18 PM

I have done it a couple of times with my old '01 and a couple of times with my '03. I was just idling thru the parking lot!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Banned

Parking garages are the best. I can you usually set of 2-3 on each level
Old 07-07-2006, 11:13 PM

Parking garages are great.It is sometimes hard to find a garage the truck will fit in. Some in houston are only 6' 2''. I scraped the roof at the marker going in,but once inside I cleared it pretty easily. You 4 wheel drive guys would never make it in.
My little girl loves when we set off alarms. The wife ... not so much
Old 07-07-2006, 11:38 PM

Yup, mines a rattly old second gen with a straight pipe. I set em off almost daily.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dad has a '46 Knucklehead chopper with stubby exhausts...

There are 3 car alarms that go off whenever he idles into the driveway. Going down the street, he probably sets off somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 per block.

Not all of them go all the way off, but it's a rare car alarm that won't at least squawk at him once on his way by.

That bike is loud...
Old 07-08-2006, 03:13 AM

I heard a straight piped cummins the other day take off across the street in town and set off a car alarm next to me, it wasnt even that loud, my lil Bronco II with a glasspack on the 2.9 is louder
Old 07-08-2006, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Drove through the movie theater parking lot with the old 89 a few years back and set off about six in a row. All B'mrs and stuff like that. Viola, new Saturday night hobby and cheap entertainment.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by 04ctd
they ain't much to do in Plattmouth, is there!?!
lived in Papillion 3 years at Offutt.
you said it man, there ain't too much to do around here but i do love it though, i was born and raised here so that's what i'm used to.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:01 PM

Haha yep I set them off all the time. I have a quick story for you. I used to have an 86 GMC with headers/flowmasters. I had some clown cut me off one day and almost caused an accident. Later that week I was driving down a street that I drive down 5-6 times a day and I set off a car alarm. I looked in my rear view and was happy to see the same schmuck that cut me off running out to shut off his alarm. Needless to say that was my new favorite route. I started driving it up to 10 times a day. I lost interest in it fairly quickly but it was fun to set off his alarm for awhile.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:10 PM

Jeez, you guys need a hobby

Quick Reply: Exhaust setting off car alarms