General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Dually Drivers- do other people always try to pass you thinking you are slow?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 03:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by zulusafari
Ever have the ego people get offended that you passed their 55 mph running mustang with a 60 mph driving dually? How many times I have casually driven on by, just to hear a loud downshift and the sports car blast past me, only return to 55 in front. ***!?!? I also don't know what is up with parking my truck -- I purposely park in no-man's-land with room all around me. Invariably, someone not only joins me out there, but parks so close I can't even open the doors all the way to load my groceries or whatever into the cab. Sometimes I have to climb in from a different side!! Only thing I can figure is that the lesser vehicles want to get as close to my beast for protection, and like most inferior objects, they wind up being more of an annoyance and in the way. Naturally, the dominant one attacks them to protect his space, and the close offender gets a few new scars!
I down shift the vette when I get passed. Mainly because it reminds of how slow I'm going and it just ain't right to drive that car so slow. I feel your pain about parking. One day after class, I was walking out to the parking lot with this girl and we were both headed towards my truck. When we got there, I noticed a small car parked almost on top of me. She asked me if that was my truck and when I told her it was she said she parked close to mine to try and protect it from others. We laughed about it and she said I had a really nice truck and took off.