General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Dodge lift pump problums

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 08:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dodge lift pump problums

Why is it you can mod a Ford and you have no fuel pressure problums!! And don't give me the ford has no power idea I got a 05 6.0 that is out pulling my 06 cummins with the tst right now. Is DC doing this on perpous??
I had a BD lift pump on my 04 noisey but it worked, don't want to do that on the 06.
I am thinking about putting a ford lift pump on the cummins at least it is quiet but their is a lot of details I need to work threw first to see if it will work. Just getting sick and tired of DC one big mistake over and over! Any Ideas
Old 05-25-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RAMRODD
Why is it you can mod a Ford and you have no fuel pressure problums!! And don't give me the ford has no power idea I got a 05 6.0 that is out pulling my 06 cummins with the tst right now. Is DC doing this on perpous??
I had a BD lift pump on my 04 noisey but it worked, don't want to do that on the 06.
I am thinking about putting a ford lift pump on the cummins at least it is quiet but their is a lot of details I need to work threw first to see if it will work. Just getting sick and tired of DC one big mistake over and over! Any Ideas

Search: Walbro, Very simular to ford pump
Old 05-27-2006, 07:44 PM

different fuel sub system, different fuel delievery system... the fords run somewhere around 40-60psi fuel pressure in the rails that feed the injectors [going by memory] as long as there is fuel in the rail [enough volume], and it can fill the injector [more pressure faster fill], the heui will fire
Old 05-28-2006, 02:46 PM

Gawd that atrocious spelling hurt my ears....

Do you think you will be taken seriously here with a post like that? I certainly don't.

Oh as mentioned. Search.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:45 PM

[QUOTE=rammtuff]Gawd that atrocious spelling hurt my ears....

I"M just glad your eyes are ok

[Quote=rammtuff]
Do you think you will be taken seriously here with a post like that? I certainly don't.

Im sorry I think it is a honest question for a honest problum. I want to try something different then the Fass,or the BD pump that I had. Is it wrong to ask someone on this form for Ideas??? Before this post I never heard of a Walbro so I did learn something. Rammtuff have you heard of fords with problums with fuel pressure. I can't say that I have, Mabey it is something that I can make work and it will be better then anything on the market!!! Or it will fail and I will get the Walbro.
I'm just disapointed with the 06 and thanks to Mickey Bs spread sheet on fuel pressure and voltage I now know what my problum is.
It's sad that you judge people this way spelling, grammer, typing skills. You don't even know me.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:17 PM

I haven't any answers on the topic, but I do on the spelling. My best friend spells so poorly that most 8 or 9 year olds can do a much better job. He cannot help the fact that he was needed on the ranch to help out when he was a kid and couldn't spend his time with the other kiddies in school. Instead of learning to spell he learned to work hard and earn his keep, and how to sacrifice himself for the sake of others.

Through the years he has worked his way up the ladder and is now in a very responsibile position as a chief engineer. He proved himself by his wits and extraordinary intelligence and ability to solve problems that the college boys couldn't begin to get a handle on. When I have a complex mechanical problem I usually go to him first, because he is the first with the right solution based on many years of hands-on experience. I only have one best friend and it is this man that can't spell enough of a note to rob a bank. He's the best there is in my book.

JimmieD
Old 05-29-2006, 09:35 AM

Sorry you're getting a hard time RamRodd and glad you found some information.