General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Do you believe this? or not....

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford 6L can and will run low 13's with strictly a tuner and a exhaust. I know you guys dont wanna hear it but they also put down 410hp with a tuner (SCT) stand alone. Time to give credit where it due. Flame suit on.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:41 PM

Even if he IS making that kinda power, how long do you honestly think that 6.0L is gonna last? I'd be worried driving it to the store to pick up a gallon of milk
Old 10-04-2005, 12:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From what I read on that site the 6.0L still has "issues", the part I don't get is
when Ford buys the truck back from them and they order another one! Some guys are on their 3rd 6.0L

"thank you sir may I have another"
Old 10-04-2005, 03:19 PM

are you guys talking about this guy with the fake dyno sheet? http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...5&page=1&pp=10
Old 10-05-2005, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
TDR member DockBoy would probably take exception to that after I watched his Powerstroke grenade a turbo on his 2nd dyno pull right after setting the highest hp & tq at a Kauffman's meet a couple of months ago.
Shovel
Old 10-05-2005, 09:19 PM

I think 540hp is pushing it for his mods. I think the dyno must have been wrong. It dont matter, cause he still probably didnt have over 700ft/lbs of torque Its funny how many of the ford/chevy guys with the V-8's never post there torque #'s isnt it? The D-max is much better than the 6.0 powerstroke, but those powerstrokes dont make nothing till about 2000rpm.

Eric
Old 10-05-2005, 11:06 PM

Just remember guys and gals, when they are replacing engines, injectors and evey other part you can think of, the mighty CTD will still be runnin down the hwy!!! As I have stated before, I would rather walk than drive a Ford. Btw, I use to own a ford, it was broken more than it ran!

Gary
Old 10-07-2005, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by whtractor
Ford trucks are like Brother-In-Laws. Worthless IMO
ditto on that
Old 10-07-2005, 11:44 AM

I have had a few dyno runs with motorcycles and seen spikes on a 72 hp vtwin where the tq went up over 100 and that was no way correct. I knew with my mods I should only be around 75tq. The operator said that with wheel hop that can happen very easily.
The track is the only place it matters anyway. Half way down the track with that powerstroke blows up his readings will be 0.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gunracer1
are you guys talking about this guy with the fake dyno sheet? http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...5&page=1&pp=10
GR1,

Man, I just finished reading that entire thread....too much!! I can't believe there are 6.0 guys trying to fake dyno sheets - and trying to pull a fast one on their own guys to boot! Crazy!

Dockboy,

Good for you.....while other guys were trying to call you on your conspiracy theory, you stuck to guns, took the jabs and personal attacks and proved your case! That Mitch guy is too much!
Old 10-07-2005, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Begle1
Well, I don't really know how much he should be at with NOS, exhaust, intake and a chip.

But if his power claims seem inflated to those of you with 6.0 liter experience, remember that he could have been on an inertia dyno that was calibrated wrong. (Not exactly that you can get those pieces of poop calibrated correctly... )

We all love folks with their inertia dyno's, don't we?
I'm not following you. The way an inertia dyno works, there is no way it can be calibrated at all. Once it is weighed at the factory, it is done. It is simply the weight of the drums and how fast they are spun up. It is time, distance and weight. The weight is provided by the drums, distance is the circumference of the drums and time is provided by the vehicle. The only way an inertia dyno can become off is if you get a cutting torch and cut some weight off of a drum.

Now, an eddy current or any other load dyno has a torque cell that constantly needs calbirated or you run into consistency issues. Maybe this is what you were thinking about.

For the record, never believe somebody about HP or TQ until you see the graph. Dynos are heart breakers and can be very humbling.