General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Do you believe this? or not....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you believe this? or not....

Lurking round the other side..

I found this.....

http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbt...20#Post2597245

what do u guys think? I have no clue what his mods are, but i sincerely do not believe this guy nor his claims..

Tx
Old 10-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Banned

Well, I don't really know how much he should be at with NOS, exhaust, intake and a chip.

But if his power claims seem inflated to those of you with 6.0 liter experience, remember that he could have been on an inertia dyno that was calibrated wrong. (Not exactly that you can get those pieces of poop calibrated correctly... )

We all love folks with their inertia dyno's, don't we?
Old 10-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I for one don't really care what some guy on a Ford site has posted on a Ford site.

If he claims to be making the world spin on it's axis with a PowerStroke engine, would that make it so?
Old 10-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it matters how much hp he has, but whatever.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Banned

It always matters how mush HP they have.

They are our competition. And quite frankly, if they can make that kind of power on such limited modifications I would like to know, just to know what I'm up against.

I know that Duramaxes can come close to that with just a chip and nitrous, but Duramaxes have those fancy resizing injectors. Does Ford have those fancy injectors too? Or was he running a pressure box and is on the verge of blowing out his HPCR?

I'm curious if his numbers are all that far fetched. Don't ya'll start making excuses just to ignore the fact that the other two can get so much more performance than we can with just a box. We know that the Cummins are better overall, but we should at least be able to respectfully acknowledge the abilities of the Powerstroke and look at it without our bias making us ignorant.

I mean, we still have them best when it comes to the Modified classes.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:46 PM

Of course I believe it! All ya hafta do is add the advertised hp gains to your stock advertised hp and "droop der it is!" I bought a three sided swizzle binder intake snorkel and a gamma refrator vacuum modulator to go with my reverse vortec stromboni muffler for my Hemi and now it makes 710hp, gets 34mpg at mmmm 85mph, yeah that sounds good, 85... and... Dodge can't void my warranty because the salesman at Hemigofaster.com said the Magnuson Moss act says I can do anything I want to my truck and if I break it Dodge has to fix it if they can't prove I didn't brush my teeth this morning. On second thought, make that 43mpg at 85mph.
No I don't believe him.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:00 PM

Near the end he told all the stuff he really has on the truck. I have no idea what those things are but if one is a turbo, one is injectors, and he's running NOS, it's easy to believe.

Do you guys really consider them competition???
Old 10-02-2005, 08:20 PM

I can believe it. Seems to be some very good high performance tunes(programs) being developed for the 6.0s lately. Add 50hp from drugs and it is possible I guess. Don't know how long the stock pieces would hold it, but for dyno pulls you don't really put any strain on anything.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
I can believe it. Seems to be some very good high performance tunes(programs) being developed for the 6.0s lately. Add 50hp from drugs and it is possible I guess. Don't know how long the stock pieces would hold it, but for dyno pulls you don't really put any strain on anything.

TDR member DockBoy would probably take exception to that after I watched his Powerstroke grenade a turbo on his 2nd dyno pull right after setting the highest hp & tq at a Kauffman's meet a couple of months ago.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:36 PM

with his setup no i dont believe it...the end

that would be like me going around telling people im running 300hp with my setup
Old 10-02-2005, 08:41 PM

Like I'm going to believe that. Another guy claims he hit 550 HP and only changed his tires.

Right....

Besides, all the HP in the world does you no good when your PSD is broken down on the side of the road.

Go CTD!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2005, 09:13 PM

what's a powerstroke?
Old 10-02-2005, 09:33 PM

Bench racers can dream up all sorts of claims, given enough time. My son's friend had a 84 mustang that could do all sorts of things and made lots of power, and would beat the pants off my Dakota,,,,, until we went to the strip. He turned a wopping 18+. He sold it the next month. Some people believe everything they read and pour in 4 different cans of fuel conditioner and instant motor tune and believe they will get 40 mpg's and make 400 HP with a v-6. after all the cans said it will improve mpg and power by up to 20% each. Right?????
I'm not an "expert" on the 6.0's and how much power would be appropriate for it with those modifications, but if I had a 6.0 ford that made 500+ HP I would get rid of it before it granaded!!!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 06:38 AM

I find it hard to believe until I see the decals. He didn't mention them at all.
I want pictures and big ones!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:29 PM

Ford trucks are like Brother-In-Laws. Worthless IMO

Quick Reply: Do you believe this? or not....