Notices
General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Diesel Power Mag Sucks!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel Power Mag Sucks!!

what's the deal with this magazine? the editor has clearly stated he ownes a 05, 6.0 PSD and has featured many ford trucks. they have written many tech articles on Edit engines like the 6.2L gm diesel. and this month's issue has a 4 page article on the powerstroke. there has been a few features on the cummins but where is all the real stuff? there has been not 1 tech article on the 12v in the magazine's 5 or so issues. where's the build ups on the 12v?? The engine that seemingly started it all, and undoubtibly is king of the hill has been totally ignored, why???

maybe the editor should take a look at some of the real trucks out there,

world's fastest truck -- 12v
world's speed record truck -- 12v
fastest 1/4 mile truck -- 12v
all the top sledpullers -- 12v
just about ever dyno day top trucks -- 12v
Old 12-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
When Dodge and Cummins start buying as much ad space as Ford and Chevy, you'll see more features about them in the magazine.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good point!

But....I can understand it. I used to be big on Chevy and Fords when I owned one.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:48 PM

i seen the article a few weeks ago where they compared the big three pulling 10k up 12 percent grade, good article but not for the cummins, took third place and then took a liftpump out on the way home
Old 12-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Just a note here...the Feature Editor [Carl] of Diesel Power, when that edition went to the stores is no longer with Primedia as he retired recently. You will see some improvements in the future.

Scotty
Old 12-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scotty
Just a note here...the Feature Editor [Carl] of Diesel Power, when that edition went to the stores is no longer with Primedia as he retired recently. You will see some improvements in the future.

Scotty
Good to hear...

Not that it would take much to improve it.

They keep refering to optima batteries providing spark
Old 12-26-2005, 04:32 PM

how much would a magazine with out advertizers cost?

The last issue which they sent me in the mail had an article about changing your exhaust and removing the cat. no disclaimer about how it is illegal to alter your emmision system...there was also some other error in there that I found that is slipping my mind at the moment...having a senior moment
Old 12-26-2005, 04:49 PM
DTR Advertiser

Take the content in those rags with a grain of salt. Its cash driven and political in some cases.

Afterall one of the rags rated the 6.0 litre PS as the best engine a few months back. LOL

Maybe best means something different to them.

Don~
Old 12-26-2005, 05:38 PM

I can understand the advertisments and brand loyalist editors. to be honest ive come to expect it. it's your right to have your own opinion on the "best".

but what i'm saying is how can any "turbodiesel enthusiast" (as the magazine claims) work on, drive, bomb, and then write articles on diesel trucks without including the 12v???
Old 12-26-2005, 05:49 PM

id like to see stuff written for first gens out their. however nothing can compare to the info found on this site that others have gone thru and can relate their experiences.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:05 PM

Follow the money.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:18 PM

I like the magazine it has alot of helpful information, the last mag had a article about a build up for an 05 that was kinda like your 05 Banana

intake, injectors, tanny upgrade, and an edge box.

And the ads in the mag are very good simply because it gives you more of a chance to check around for the best prices for upgrades on your rig.

this is just my 2 cents, i'm getting a subscription
Old 12-26-2005, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by fredw
i seen the article a few weeks ago where they compared the big three pulling 10k up 12 percent grade, good article but not for the cummins, took third place and then took a liftpump out on the way home
Do you have original injectors in your truck?

Eric
Old 12-26-2005, 08:23 PM

i do in this truck but might not be for long
Old 12-26-2005, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana
what's the deal with this magazine? the editor has clearly stated he ownes a 05, 6.0 PSD and has featured many ford trucks. they have written many tech articles on Edit engines like the 6.2L gm diesel. and this month's issue has a 4 page article on the powerstroke. there has been a few features on the cummins but where is all the real stuff? there has been not 1 tech article on the 12v in the magazine's 5 or so issues. where's the build ups on the 12v?? The engine that seemingly started it all, and undoubtibly is king of the hill has been totally ignored, why???

maybe the editor should take a look at some of the real trucks out there,

world's fastest truck -- 12v
world's speed record truck -- 12v
fastest 1/4 mile truck -- 12v
all the top sledpullers -- 12v
just about ever dyno day top trucks -- 12v
OK i see ur point

i BARELY GOT my first magazine and a bill from diesel power, after subscribing right after issue number one. I called them up and needless to say, not very pleasent, im not paying my bill and after this next issue im not getting anymore cause i refuse to pay the service... I got my magazine, front cover half torn off, and rips on most pages, not even wrapped up or protected.

Anyways, that editor, that owns the 6.0, he is gone, he is no longer with diesel power, i guess too much pressure for him or something, i dunno, but on a positive note, they had an article about the first cummins's this month, good reading, actually, the only good readin in the magazine

its all a sham for all the big money advertisers and their products.. no need to read all of it... i dont...

Tx

Quick Reply: Diesel Power Mag Sucks!!