General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Diesel pick Pick Up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel pick Pick Up?

WEll Guys its been a while in my search I been Busy Kicking tires! & I guess? Dodges are scarce? s No one wants to Sell E*M? & seeing I*M a retree & the Late Models in Sales lots are a Bit too Expensive! I found a 96 FORD F-350 w/ Single rear wheels w/ 188,000 on it Good rubber a 4X4 it had been sitting for a couple of weeks in Sub zero tempts & to my Surprise It fired right Up! Good Oil pressure & every thing Works & Dickered the Dealer Down from $9700 to $5500 including all taxes & fess? as IS where IS! & Now I*M Wondering?? if? its a Good Deal? Its just been Traded in--& Dirty! Bodies Good & Streight No Dents Cabs Good theSeats shows normal? Ware! but needs a New Cover Shocks skits re Rusted so I*LL have to replace Them --Sticker!--engine compartment is Clean & it has a Turbo it has all its Gears & its an Auto I called the owner when it was New--papers in Glove Box He bought it New & traded it in 02 so Not much HELP! there! I contacted the Sales women & She a Young I dono? early 20s? told ME the Guys Brother wanted It--but--Couldn*t come Up w/the Money! I can BUY IT as IS where IS! for $5500 when it was NEW a Farmer Owned It & Hauled a Horse Trailer & told ME it Went really Good but He Traded Due to Taxes? ME I*M not in that $$ Class I have to BUY Used & Run E*M till theres Nothing Left to Trade! I dono? Crap about Small Diesels? & I have Heard HORROR Stories on all the Diesel powered Pick Ups! so I*M Asking? OH the Radiaor Support is GOOD & theres NO Bubbles? that I could See! in the Radiator Tank! the Oils Clean on the Dip Stick NOT the Black usual--& theres a New Oil filter on It--Heres the Negitive Stuff! the rear Bumpers Bent & the Drivers window crank **** is Missing & the Cab needs a really Good Cleaning! So heres My out Look! a DAY Cleaning the CAB! &installing a New window Crank & a New Set of Seat Covers install all [4] shocks & a Salvage Yard Rear Bumper! & a DAY of Buffing out its Black Body & Hopefull?? Off to a State Insection STICKER?? Any & All Advice & Suggestions APPRICATED! Thanks--Ole JIM--
Old 03-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was alittle difficult to read, lol. But, 5500 is a ok price for that truck if you want to got ford. Dodge ram cummins are hard to find with a decent price, but to me it's worth the effort to keep looking for one. www.dieselstop.com is more ford oriented so they might be able to guide you more with that truck.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:38 PM

WOO DOGGY MY EYES HURT!!!! lol.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no disrespect, but I thought I was reading it cross eyed.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:23 PM

that auto transmission does not last long, lots of horror stories and $3000 to $4000 to fix. Man I would not want an auto in an older truck!