General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

cummins on the pinks tv show wed night

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just put it on Speed its 10:15 and that car show is on, I hope Pinks come on at 11:00.....sad to hear the S-10 won.....that sucks. Maybe we will see more of this in the future. It would be cool to see a Import vs a Cummins....
Old 04-12-2006, 11:37 PM

I would like to see the cummins go up aginst a duramax or a powerstroke that would be cool.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by bubba33
I would like to see the cummins go up aginst a duramax or a powerstroke that would be cool.
You got that right !!!! My brother has a small block powered S -10 ........ think I need to open a can of Cummins powered whoop azz on him !!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Towrig
sad to hear the S-10 won.....that sucks.
must've watched a different episode then I did...
Old 04-13-2006, 06:31 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
The gasser S-10 won a couple of the races (the term "Sandbagging" comes to mind ), but lost overall.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:39 AM

Sounded like they killed that Cummins though. Good thing the S-10 ran out of nitrous on that pass, because I don't think the Cummins was going to make another pass.

When the nitrous runs out, it still is spraying fuel. So it goes extremely rich and makes way less power then if the whole nitrous system was just turned off. The driver of the S-10 must have reached over and shut the system off. Otherwise that truck would have been smoking more then the Cummins.

I got to wonder what made Bully Dog choose the Dodge truck. Since I hear so many saying the Duramax respondes better to mods.

Well, they should be able to get enough out of that S-10 to buy a new Cummins for the Dodge.

For those who didn't see the show, a hole in the rad took out the Cummins. They ran it without coolant.
Near as I can figuire, the engine without coolant and overheated should cause the engine to derate. But they kept injecting the nitrous to get some power. So it could have been real lean as well as overheated.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Muted User

did anyone hear the comment from bully dog that a 10 sec street legal diesel truck does not exist........what the heck was that guy ....and he works for bully dog
Old 04-13-2006, 08:21 AM

pinks

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
The gasser S-10 won a couple of the races (the term "Sandbagging" comes to mind ), but lost overall.
i agree completely. mite as well run brackets. best driver will usually will. vehicle really doesnt matter.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Chapter President

Actually the guy said there was no common rail diesel in the 10 sec range.
And that he had brought a 13 sec drag truck

it was a great episode even knowing the outcome I was still on the edge of my seat.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:28 AM

I wanna know who goes to a race,and racin for titles of their trucks,and doesnt make sure the bottle is full and have an extra bottle on hand, I have been racing and using nitrous for 20 yrs and never ran out of nitrous for a major race or even testing the car,and the guy who owns the s-10 has been racing awhile I think thats what they saidin the show it doesnt seem right something is fisheeeeeeeeee,but glad the Dodge won
Old 04-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by bluedodge3500
I wanna know who goes to a race,and racin for titles of their trucks,and doesnt make sure the bottle is full and have an extra bottle on hand, I have been racing and using nitrous for 20 yrs and never ran out of nitrous for a major race or even testing the car,and the guy who owns the s-10 has been racing awhile I think thats what they saidin the show it doesnt seem right something is fisheeeeeeeeee,but glad the Dodge won
Maybe Bully Dog paid him to run out.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rolngthun

I got to wonder what made Bully Dog choose the Dodge truck. Since I hear so many saying the Duramax respondes better to mods.
The Dmax is considered to have better power/$.

The Cummins is considered to have better overall power potential.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:13 PM

there was some sand baggin goin down on both sides of the track. and itd been more impressive if it was an equal truck, id love to see banks get waxed by bully dog lol
Old 04-13-2006, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by scarecrow
did anyone hear the comment from bully dog that a 10 sec street legal diesel truck does not exist........what the heck was that guy ....and he works for bully dog

Maybe he ment a 10 second Bully Dog truck don't exist?
Old 04-13-2006, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by bluedodge3500

Your right, I would have scaled that bottle before each run. It totally baffles me what I see on that show. Forgetting to turn on the bottle is the most common.

The other thing that kills me is accusing the other guy of losing on purpose.
Playing the game means running just fast enough to win. Not giving away races.

Quick Reply: cummins on the pinks tv show wed night