General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

CUMMINS in the near future...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RoofGoof,

"I am going to return my truck to another dealer close to my home and let them attempt to fix the oil leak again, since the cost of that is anywhere between $400-$800 in my past experiences with Ford. It should help my case even more!"

I hope you don't have to pay for them to fix the leaks that should be taken care of under warranty! Anyway good luck and I hope you force them to buy back that problem truck you have.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes the fixes have all been under warranty. No cash out of pocket other than all of the diesel I have burned taking it to and from the shop. I just figure the DSB will see "another" oil leak fix within the last 2 months and push it through alittle easier....plus Ford will probally hate the fact more money will be spent on this before it hits 36K miles for the same oil leak.

It gets harder to drive pass the Dodge dealership coming home from work...I want to get one NOW! The dealership just put out a MegaCab dark grey which is the one I want.... This arbitration thing couldnt happen too soon. My fingers are crossed.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by ROOFGOOF
....It gets harder to drive pass the Dodge dealership coming home from work...I want to get one NOW! The dealership just put out a MegaCab dark grey which is the one I want.... This arbitration thing couldnt happen too soon.
You may or may not get that one..... but keep the faith!
That's why they make em everyday.

RJ
Old 11-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Banned

Hey, you guys just hush now. I've had my truck for 7 years, and you guys are making it difficult.

I'm thinking I'm going to wait 3 or 4 more years and buy one of these '06, early '07's from one of you lucky dudes.

- JyRO
Old 12-19-2006, 06:28 PM

Well the verdict is in...

I have 3 choices that I need to decide by Friday from Ford and my buyback/BBB dispute.

A) Ford buys my truck back with a 2007 replacement. Minus the MSRP difference and mileage would put me in a new truck for approx. $13-14K ( I still owe 7K on my truck ) so that was figured in.

B) Ford buys my truck with no replacement...they pay me and pay off my lien which would leave me with 16,500 in my pocket to do what ever I wanted. (downpayment on a 07 mega cab dodge would get me around 15-16K loan... about 1500.00 to 2000.00 more than a 07 Ford.

C) I take my truck to a "dodge" dealership and try to get the good ole 5.9 Cummins trouble free motor with a trade before the emission gods take it away forever.... Curious to see what the trade would bring in..

I am going to venture this week to see what the best price gets me by Friday...

Cheers.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Chapter President

I would say option B, you probably won't get very good trade in at the dealer, and who knows they might be able to find out how well your Ford could be squeezed into a glass with ice and sugar and have cold lemonade. Sorry I couldn't resist.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Banned

I'm with B. Chalk the $1,500 - $2,000 up to making the wrong decision to start with (hey that's just life), and as a premium to a less stressful, no headache, simplified, dependable engine. Every time I turn the key to crank my truck, I still love the fact it fires right up and hasn't given me a lick of trouble. And that Mega Cab is awesome. If I had that, I'd be finding reasons why the family needs to travel to wherever in the Mega (versus the '06 Ody ... not a winning argument tho ... that Ody is nice to carry a family).
Old 12-20-2006, 08:37 AM

Well the verdict is in...
Congrats on winning!

RJ
Old 12-20-2006, 12:37 PM

Glad to hear that you won your buy back with Ford. Now you could try option C and if you can not come out a head by trading it in on a new CTD then you can always go with option B come Friday. Now if you live any where near Las Vegas then you will find a few CTD at the Dodge dealership south of Hwy 215, I think it was called Integrity Chrysler Dodge Jeep.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:18 PM

I am near Baltimore Maryland...I am hitting the streets all day Wednesday and Thursday to see what a trade would bring in (just to make sure) otherwise..I believe I am going to take the check from Ford, eliminate my current lien of 7200.00 and start over with 16,500 for a downpayment....

Keep ya posted...
Old 12-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I traded out of an 03 6.0, and have not looked back. My only 2 complaints are, paint that scratch's easily and the 4spd trans. However these pale in comparison to the problems I had with my F350. I have a mere 12k on my 06 and absolutely love it.

Good luck on your decision.
Also, I was on the fence for 3 months before I worked up the courage too make the change, needless too say I am extremely pleased with my Dodge.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:51 PM

What complaint do you have with the 4spd transmission? Just curious...
Old 12-20-2006, 10:36 PM

Without question, Option B.

A bird in the hand.......

The go pick up your new ride!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:44 AM

Well, I found out a few things with BBB... they have a set forumula in which is set with an arbitrator that is being used for my case. This formula is not set to Maryland state lemon law...so although Ford would settle with me based on BBB's formula... I found out that if I did go thru the Lemon Law process in Maryland that I would not get hit nearly as hard for mileage usage, etc..
So, back to the books.... looks like I am going for the big one with the state lemon law. I must say, BBB was very helpful !!!

To give my truck back to Ford would get me a check for 23K. (Dealerships are offering me more for a trade) So, this is unacceptable IMO. Hopefully Lemon Law will get me what I deserve for my truck.

Keep ya posted. Thanks for reading and the input !!!
Old 12-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What complaint do you have with the 4spd transmission? Just curious...
Just that it is not a 5 speed. However the shift strategy and lockup stategy are far better with my 48re than on my 03 torque shift. The 48re shifts firmer with no shift flairing and the torque converter locks better and stays locked when my torque shift would unlock by just releasing the throttle. The final drive rpms are vitually identical between both trucks. Also no external trans filter on the 48re. I would guess that they want the pan off so you can adjust the band while you are changing the filter? Not a big deal with me though. One last thing, when I traded my 03 furd the Dodge dealer got an oasis report on the warranty repairs made by furd so you may be better off taking the money and running.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply: CUMMINS in the near future...