General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

THe best look........ they thought I was the bus

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car alarm

I set one off at work earlier this week. I pulled thru the parking lot and parked in an open parking spot, the dodge gasser next to me started going off ( it started crying 'cus the mighty Cummins scared it). i didn't think my "quiet" Cummins would do that .
Old 04-30-2004, 03:46 PM

Blaylock here!
Old 04-30-2004, 03:48 PM

"She replys "it's a diesel" oh he says."

The general public is oblivious to the Power of the big C!
Old 04-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: car alarm

Originally posted by Scrappy
I set one off at work earlier this week.....
There are three that I set off in our works parking garage daily.
Im not sure if its rumble of the Cummins or the bouncing of the concrete floor as I drive past.
Either way, one Audi, one Volvo, and a Honda CRV, everyday.

Maybe I should strait pipe my truck again so there would be no doubt what sets the alarm off!

Rich
Old 04-30-2004, 04:13 PM

car alarm!

It's an outdoor parking lot! and I didn't even touch the throttle!
Old 04-30-2004, 05:50 PM

I pulled into a quick stop so the wife could get a pepsi. A young gal sitting in her Mazda miada convertable, on the cell phone gives me a dirty look. Than she has the nerve to say ( can you shut that noisy thing off?) not will you please. So I said to her can't do it it's on a timmer. Told the wife about it when she came out we laughed about it half the way home.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:04 PM

any chance I get I give'r the ol the go pedal and brake... let the clutch out and idle around a bit then use some 'gentle' brake pressure while givin' it some go juice. sounds real nice and will turn heads...
Old 04-30-2004, 08:43 PM

Smile

I like the timer thing....does my 99 quad dualie come with one too? ...If so where is the button??
I haven't had the car alarms go off yet but I'll have to try it at the mall tomorrow
I put the E brake on lightly for the max knock effect. LOL A guy with an automatic put me on to that.

Here is a debate...which is louder? a 95, a 97, a 99 or 02?
Old 05-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Banned

Originally posted by tankeryanker
I pulled into a quick stop so the wife could get a pepsi. A young gal sitting in her Mazda miada convertable, on the cell phone gives me a dirty look. Than she has the nerve to say ( can you shut that noisy thing off?) not will you please. So I said to her can't do it it's on a timmer. Told the wife about it when she came out we laughed about it half the way home.

that's just plain mean.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:45 PM

I woulda revved it up and said "What's that, I can't hear you! You need to speak up!"
Old 05-02-2004, 02:49 PM

Originally posted by cumminnotstrokn
. She replys "it's a diesel" oh he says.
Best one runnin uptown on a friday night couple weeks ago. Had a lil ford ranger beside me with his big ole lift. revs his engine and so im like what the hell and we go. Pretty even race through the lights. when all was done and we stopped he brags, i knew my truck was fast but its keepin up with a turbine. Thats when you just wanna
Old 05-02-2004, 03:47 PM

a turbine...

did you tell him you could pull him at that same speed through the lights w/ his brakes locked up?
Old 05-02-2004, 03:51 PM

haha, I know the kid goes to Western Iowa tech too, havent seen him for a while though. He totally bought it all, until i took it overboard, Im like dude, ( we have bolt down tow hooks in the bed) im like we have a wing attachment that bolts there. Flys kinda like those lil soap box planes. not far not fast but it flys. Hes like no way!. Then when everyone started laughin hel ooked around and goes, Well, what do you really do with them. Between the light smoke and everything he was convinced, Never even asked to see it. Finally we had mercy and explained the world of turbo chargers
Old 05-02-2004, 08:14 PM

I love the music that a GOOD Dodge Cummins makes! Just to add some spice try leaving your jake on. Most people hate that loud hissing noise!
Old 05-02-2004, 10:00 PM

I pulled into one of the Dodge dealerships in North Vancouver with my 98.5 dually,right beside a salesman and a customer that were standing outside. I left it idle (loudest at idle!) while I went inside to book an appointment. When I came back outside,the salesman smiled and asked " Hey,what motor you got in that thing?" I couldn't resist saying back to him," A 360 with a couple of bad lifters!"...SHEESH!!

Quick Reply: THe best look........ they thought I was the bus