General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

THe best look........ they thought I was the bus

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking THe best look........ they thought I was the bus

Driving through the Cherry Hill mall tonight (for those who know it) I cruised by where many mall shoppers sit and wait for the bus. SOme of the benches that they sit on are hidden behind huge concrete support pillars. Well as I was coming down the lane you see about 20 people peeking around the pillars thinking it was the bus. There were some dissappointed looks tonight. The wife and I were cracking up. This had to have been my favorite look so far.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I first bought mine, I picked it up on the way to work.

I work 2pm-10pm.

I had actually bought it the day before, but didn't tell anyone I was getting a new truck.

When I came home from work that first day around 11pm, and pulled into the driveway,
the whole family came running outside to see why a firetruck was parked in front of the house.

The neighbors accross the street did as well.

I still chuckle when I remember.

phox
Old 04-29-2004, 11:03 PM

Love it....

Man stories like that just make me smile. One of the girls from my church informed me that I had black smoke coming out of my truck...

I laughed and told her I appreciatted the heads up...

-CM
Old 04-30-2004, 12:08 AM

Drving past the mall I've actually seen little kids cover their ears... Ya gotta love the sound of that exhaust brake....
Old 04-30-2004, 06:53 AM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When wife was in the HP, I got my thrill for the day by driving though the multi level parking garage and setting off the car alarms. I’d park on the top even when I had to pass up open spots.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On the way to a Nascar race I was to meet up with several buddies in a mall parking lot.

It was early morning and the lot was dark when I got to my buddies one said,
geez I thought that thing was a garbage truck coming across the lot.

I told him I could see how that would strike fear into his heart since he drives a Ford.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:24 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have GOT to get a new exhaust...
Old 04-30-2004, 08:49 AM

My favorite is to come to a stoplight next to a riceburner with their 12000 watt bazooka tube bass thumping stereo cranked up. Downshift to 1st gear instead of 2nd and wind out the gear on takeoff. It's a hoot to watch them grabbing their window crank and winding the window up as fast as they can.......
Old 04-30-2004, 09:05 AM
DPG

When I would drive up to our school's softball field to watch my daughter play, the team all thought that the opposing team was arriving in the bus. That Cummins is music to my ears. I love the way John's DTR video ("Fuel") starts, with the Cummins engine cranking up. There's no other diesel that sounds like it.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:40 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

When I drive mine, I always think of a Duece and a half or 5 ton. Especially since I opened the intake air. The sound of the dmax and sduty's always remind of the week HMMWV's and CUCV's.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:54 AM

LOL, Aint CTD great! I have set off car alarms before also, it took me a while before I realized I was the one doing it. I have had several people tell me they thought I was the UPS man pulling into their driveway.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:18 AM

I've had several people tell me, "You better get that engine looked at. You've got a bad rod knock."
Old 04-30-2004, 10:36 AM

What I enjoy is driving through campus at 2000 rpms in 2nd gear while the people on the sidewalks are trying to talk on their cell phones.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:59 AM

My wife was coming back from lunch the other day and the security guard says there's somthing wrong with your truck it's making a loud noise, I was going to buy one of those but not if it's going to sound like that. She replys "it's a diesel" oh he says.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:18 AM

I like pulling up next to someone stopped at a traffic light with the window down trying to talk on the cell phone and just give the accelerator a few taps to get the revs up a little. You seem them rolling up the window real quick. Love that CTD sound! That's what sold my wife on getting the Dodge.

Quick Reply: THe best look........ they thought I was the bus