General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

any TDR members?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any TDR members?

for those who dont know: www.turbodieselregistry.com

is anyone here a TDR member? i've been contemplating joining since before i even owned a CTD. it seems like they have a lot of info floating around there, and it would be nice to be able to tap in. the magazine looks alright too. not to say that this place isnt usefull, but more info is generally better!
Old 11-14-2005, 07:50 PM

yep

A lot of us are on there. You get the same info over here but without the 6 mags a year. It does pay to get the TDR Travel Companion. It is a list of names in every state that may be able to help you while you are on the road. Well worth $35 in my book.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:06 PM

well im still waiting for my free issue that they are supposedly sending me. i will most likely join after i dig myself out of the hole that the initial purchase of my truck created.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:22 PM

It's a pretty good mag....lots of information. And I second the value of the travel companion.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:28 PM

TDR Member.

I've been a TDR member since the early 90's. My first Dodge/Cummins was a '91.5 W-250.
The magazine comes out quarterly & is really good.
Their website is really good, also but, I recently posed the same question on both the TDR & DTR websites. I got 7 replies on the TDR site & 34 on the DTR. Very informative responses, also.

One of the other things about the TDR is the May Madness in Nevada, each year. Great event! Lots of high quality seminars including the Head of the engine plant that makes our engine, for the last two years. Two days worth of dyno's. Drag racing. Lots of very nice people with our common interest.

I'm thankful to have both the DTR & the TDR available to us.

Joe F.(Buffalo)
Old 11-14-2005, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been a member there since the spring, the mag is great lots of info, i don't find the site as "friendly" as here or dieselram.com..Will probably renew again.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:37 AM

They have a lot of perks for being a member too. For example, we upgraded our Juice/Attitude to the Hot juice, and instead of payin 100 bucks to get the upgrade, TDR members get it free!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm not a member but have several of the magazines. Good info. I believe the DTR website is better than the TDR but I may join just for the mags.

MikeyB
Old 11-17-2005, 05:06 PM

I've got issues 9-44 I think it is. That's when I had to pull the plug along with a couple of other members. You'll get the same info here with a lot more civil atmosphere. However, if you like the Jerry Springer show mentality, you might enjoy being a member there. I didn't.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:34 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why pay when you have such a great group of guys here?

Is there some vast number of engineers or DC diesel techs over there giving advise?

I think I'll stay here and make my volunteer contributions.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:09 PM

Have been for about 2 years now, like both of them. I like the fact that I get some reading material for the library every 3 months.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"More Civil Atmosphere" here
"Friendlier" Here
I agree. Moved over here and have not needed to return.
I did renew my membership last year...just for the greater quantity of material in the searches over there...but, even that has changed with the upgrades done on this site.

I will now (have already) send my $35.00 to the New Server Fund here....invite any who feel likewise to do the same!
Only 250 members have contributed so far....out of 19,000+???

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=56509

RJ
Old 11-22-2005, 03:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I find TDR's server to be verrrrrrry slow compared to DTR's.
This site rocks.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:50 PM

nothing wrong with donating or asking for money, but when you start charging a membership fee that's when i don't join. between here and dieselram one should have everything they need.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:16 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I just thought I'd pop in and say hello here, and also send out a thanks to those who have participated in this thread.

While I find that the TDR can be useful in certain circumstances, I also agree that you can just about find everything you need on the sites that don't charge you green to get on board. The only thing we ask is that you either donate to us when you see fit or if you find that you have performance needs for your truck, you check with us.

We don't make a huge amount of money on the site, even with the online store, but it does help us keep going. So even if you don't donate, use our online store and we would greatly appreciate it. Even if there is something that you want and you don't see it there, give us a call and I bet we can work something out.

I post here because it was mentioned that in order to help the site, you could donate and I thought I'd let you know that we appreciate your support any way we can get it. It has taken a lot of money out of pocket to keep this thing running, and we think we have the best resource on the net for Dodge Diesels, hands down. We appreciate the compliements from you all confirming that.

In closing, I don't want to put any of the other sites down. There is a place for each and a place for each one of you depending on your tastes but with DTR being the fastest growing of the three, there are reasons for that.

The MEMBERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: any TDR members?