General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

750 HP Duramax with stacked boxes

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by tankeryanker
I was wondering if you were going to put your 2 cents worth in Jonathan.

The only lilly in the nw that us dodge boys let run with us.
*cough* *cough* LB7 Actually

We will see how it runs again.. real soon.

Old 08-08-2005, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No mechanical boost signal, you have to tap the air horn
i really see no problem with that... 3rd gen dodges are the same deal [unless you pop for a boost bolt...]
Old 08-08-2005, 10:19 PM

You hear a lot of crap about d-max's. I know there are some fast ones, and ones that pull good, but they arent all that. Got beside one the other day. Saw his monitor in the windshield. It smoked good, had a straight exhaust/tip, but it wasnt fast at all. I never got to run him from a light, but kicking on it on the road he couldnt do anything with me. I have been beside one that beat me pretty good, but this one was slow. I just cant wait to get my truck how i want it. Ill be ready to play with some d-max's then. I aint scared no ways. Boy i know has one. reg cab 4x4. He kinda ran his mouth the other day and asked if i wanted to race. I know he would beat me. He says it will run a 14.2 in the 1.4. I told him i didnt want to race but that i would hook him, and he didnt want any of that Tried to tell me his 4wd was broke, and then told me it wasnt broke, but that he wouldnt hook me still I would have raced him anyway if it werent for having to do it on the street. If we had been at the drag strip it would have been on.

Eric

illneverownav8dieselaslongastheymakethei6cummins
Old 08-08-2005, 11:31 PM

Originally posted by cumminsdriver635
You hear a lot of crap about d-max's. I know there are some fast ones, and ones that pull good, but they arent all that.
You may want to be careful there... there are some quick dmax trucks out there. I raced a crew cab dually with a tts and full ATS. On the dyno, I crushed his 481HP to my 648HP. Once on the street, his truck would jump about 2-3 lengths in front of me until I was spooled in 4th gear. His 8500lb truck runs 14.1 to my best of 14.0 on the strip. Once we swap his ATS and TTS PCM into his brother's 01 regular cab 2500, the 5 speed wouldn't have a prayer. When the 20lb blue bottle goes on his truck, I expect it to be bothersome for my 98.4 12v auto. Fair enough?

brmadpm/
Old 08-09-2005, 01:18 AM

You hear a lot of crap about d-max's. I know there are some fast ones, and ones that pull good, but they arent all that. Got beside one the other day. Saw his monitor in the windshield. It smoked good, had a straight exhaust/tip, but it wasnt fast at all. I never got to run him from a light, but kicking on it on the road he couldnt do anything with me. I have been beside one that beat me pretty good, but this one was slow. I just cant wait to get my truck how i want it. Ill be ready to play with some d-max's then. I aint scared no ways.
Eric

illneverownav8dieselaslongastheymakethei6cummins

LOL.... good story for what it's worth.

I'll take a piece of that action if 14's are all ya got!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:20 AM

Dont get me wrong. Not saying the d-max's are slow at all. Heck. I only run 16's, but i dont have much done yet. The one i raced the other day was slow, but most are fairly quick. Im just saying a new cummins modded the same will run right with them. To be truthful, all the new trucks run awesome with just programmers/boxes, but I just like an I-6 diesel.

Eric
Old 08-09-2005, 12:13 PM

Dont get me wrong. Not saying the d-max's are slow at all. Heck. I only run 16's, but i dont have much done yet. The one i raced the other day was slow, but most are fairly quick. Im just saying a new cummins modded the same will run right with them. To be truthful, all the new trucks run awesome with just programmers/boxes, but I just like an I-6 diesel.

Eric
I know, i was just pokin fun at ya!
Old 08-09-2005, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by hotdram
Jim Jones put down 730 HP on his Duramax at the DFW Dyno Day in Lewisville 2 weeks ago.
It is a 2002, I don't know what mods, but I believe he is the owner of Quadzilla.

Check out the results here DFW Dyno Day

~Rob
Jim is a dealer for Quadzilla. I own Quadzilla.

Jim has a built transmission, a set of injectors that I built, our 215hp tuner w/ our N20 kit. He has our intake kit on it and a dual 4" exhaust. Thats it.

I don't care to get in a peeing match, but 4 digit dyno numbers have been achieved, but it was very pricey.

700rwhp is simple to do on a Dmax and can be had with simple bolt ons. I can get you there for 10k or less including a tranny. I can guarantee 700 to the tires.

Quad
Old 08-09-2005, 02:07 PM

well i have seen of few of the trucks quad is talking about, they will get with the program. jim's truck is for real and few more that run around the dfw area. but i haven't bumped into one on the highway yet, i am still batting 1000 for dmax kills. but there seems to be more and more of them every dyno day or track day. i better add some more fuel.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:24 PM

Originally posted by qzilla
Jim is a dealer for Quadzilla. I own Quadzilla.

Quad
I stand corrected (As usual)

~Rob
Old 08-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The problem with most of the "street racers' with their Attitudes on the Dmax's is that they don't look after the transmission. They pay big $$ for the box and then the tranny limps as soon as they hit the big program.

Heck, I kept up to the Attitude Dmax on a roll through the stoplights, as soon as they hit the 650 Ft-lbs or so torque mark, its all over. Limp mode.. Problem around here is that most of the vendors will sell the big boxes for the DMax, but don't know squat about the tranny. I feel sorry for those guys that get soaked..

They are quick.. There is a reason for V-8s on the drag stip. There is also a reason for I-6 in the OTR trucks. I will never try to race, I am not a good shifter with the 5 spd.. But see you on the hills......
Old 08-10-2005, 01:07 PM

Theres also a reason for I-6's in a diesel truck on the drag strip, and pulling track. They will out run, and out pull them Hard to beat a 12 valve turning 5k+ rpm

Eric
Old 08-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK Ok.. I know there are some screaming I-6's out there, but the V-8 just seem to lend themselves to being able to rev up faster.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hard to beat a 12 valve turning 5k+ rpm

Eric
I'd take a DMAX for a strip-truck over a 12V any day. It's much more of an appropriate tool for the job.

However, for pulling, I don't think a DMAX could ever outdo a built 12v (think Schied/Crowder 12V)
Old 08-10-2005, 03:49 PM

Well it isn't much, but my DMX is now set for a 3700 RPM ceiling between gearchanges.

All it took was a little bit of programming. 01101 GSK kit!

Quick Reply: 750 HP Duramax with stacked boxes