General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

06 Dodge Ram 4 door a real full size 4 door or not?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 06 Dodge Ram 4 door a real full size 4 door or not?

I need a new truck as my 95 cummins still runs fine, but its getting older and I will be making numerous trips between Nevada and Idaho until I retire in 4 years. I am going to buy a new truck but will wait the next year if I know for sure that the 06's will be a full size four door as oppsed to what we have now. Its worth the wait toget a real 4 door with three kids in the back.

Does anyone know for sure whats going to happen. I know the rumors are flying that its a real 4 door.

Dave
Old 10-26-2004, 07:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I hear the new Dodge Max Cab is going into production in August '05.

MikeyB
Old 10-26-2004, 08:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boy they'll let anybody in here!!! Haven't heard anything but the rumors on the net. I am a bit concerned about what they are going to do with the box. Cab size was the reason I chose to buy my 01 over the newer DR truck. I couldn't justify paying 10K more for 4 inches of room. Welcome to the board Dave.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:12 AM

Interesting a real full size four door... How long is the truck going to be now? Mine now is now 20 foot long (LWB 4x4) !!!

Oh svmopars, your link in your signature is dead... I was curious what it was...
Old 10-26-2004, 10:28 AM

Thanks MikeyB for the welcome. I have been here before but long ago. I am a regular on some of the mopar boards as I have many mopar related muscle cars, cudas challengers, roadrunners, ect.

We are a dodge/plymouth chrysler only familym all the way. I have four years until I retire at the age of 47. Them I will do nothing but move to Idaho on 175 acres we just bought and build Mopars and rods.

Dave. AKA LAWFISH on the moparts board.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:46 AM

Read this previous post of mine:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=51869

The guy turned out to be correct on the CTD torque increase (from 600 to 610) so I believe him.

Watch for the new full size truck in the January auto shows.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:52 AM

I appreciate the below info, but I NEED A LONG BED. I have a brand new 8 ft LANCE CAMPER than needs to go on it.

"previous post
Greetings from Kumamoto Japan! Another business trip.

Anyhow, the route over here forced me to change planes in Detriot and while I was waiting for the plane in an airport bar, I started shooting the breeze with a guy who turned out to work for Diamler-Chrysler's Dodge Ram design group.

I asked him about the mega cab and he said it's coming out in 2006.

He said the overall length of the truck is equal to the currrent Quad cab with an 8 foot bed.

But he said the mega cab will have the 6 foot bed, and that the extra length (20+ inches!) is going into making the cab that much bigger.

He said it will have the largest crew cab in the industry.

He also said it should be at all the big auto shows in January.

The guy was very interested in owner feedback, so I gave him this website address. He said Dodge has a group now working on a new Ram design due out several years from now.

Also, he did mention rumor has it that Cummins will have another increase in torque soon.

That's all folks!

DT.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:14 AM

I'm sure they'll (Dodge) keep the Quad Cab with the 8 foot bed on the market.

Come to think of it I'm not sure if Ford or Chevy makes the full size 4 door with an 8 foot bed either???

Anywho, good luck,

DT.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:27 AM

Put it this way, when I sit in a Ford or chebby, with the front seat back so a guy can drive, my knees dont hit the seat. In a Dodge, they do. and its not very confortable.

I just hope chrysler gets it. Just like the 2 rea; wheel drive vehicles dont make for the muscle car guys who are looking at RUSTANGS now.

Dave
Old 10-26-2004, 11:36 AM

I can't understand the thinking when it comes to a "real" crew cab truck and a "real" eight foot bed. I'd bet most Quad cab trucks with an eight foot bed never see a garage unless they are looking at it from the outside. Chevy now makes a crew cab half ton with a wimpy six foot bed. Do we have to go to Ferd to buy a "real" crew cab and eight foot bed? I know many Ferd owners that wanted a Dodge but needed the cab and bed space so they bought Ferds.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:58 AM

Chevy makes 4 REAL doors, AND an 8' bed. I know, that's what my Dad and Uncle's drive. Me, I bought a Cummins, but wish it came in a Chevy with a straight axle. Wish, Wish

Chris
Old 10-26-2004, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by dieselnewbie

Come to think of it I'm not sure if Ford or Chevy makes the full size 4 door with an 8 foot bed either???
DT.
They do, it's got 12" more WB than the Dodge.
http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/s...eatures/specs/

Part of the reason I bought a Dodge was the 140" WB with 4 doors (lots of city driving). My 6yo has tons of leg room and likes the middle seat because it's shorter so his legs can bend. In Grandpa's ``99 PSD CC his legs poke straight out, but I'm real comfy back there. If I slouch in my QC my knees are burried in the seat back. If I sit straight up they barely touch... I'm 5'11" - not exactly tall..

Toughest part about driving the CTD around Down Town is finding a parking garage that's taller than 6'9" so I can drive my truck in with out making a convertible
Old 10-26-2004, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by svmopars
Thanks MikeyB for the welcome. I have been here before but long ago. I am a regular on some of the mopar boards as I have many mopar related muscle cars, cudas challengers, roadrunners, ect.

We are a dodge/plymouth chrysler only familym all the way. I have four years until I retire at the age of 47. Them I will do nothing but move to Idaho on 175 acres we just bought and build Mopars and rods.

Dave. AKA LAWFISH on the moparts board.
Curious... Where at in Idaho? I'm a fellow mopar fan as well!

As I'm marked with New Meadows, Idaho

I do own a 1973 Charger SE

Sorry, to highjack the thread...
Old 10-26-2004, 08:23 PM

I think I saw a picture on this site of the new test concept truck. the back doors were covered in leather so we can t see from what i can recall it was a long bed
Old 10-27-2004, 07:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's some pics.
http://www.allpar.com/forums/lofiver...hp/t43300.html

mikeyB

Quick Reply: 06 Dodge Ram 4 door a real full size 4 door or not?