Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Read This About Bring Fuel Back From Mexico Into Ca

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read This About Bring Fuel Back From Mexico Into Ca

Doug:

As it looks right now, the ports will begin enforcing the CA Air Resource Board regulation for diesel fuels found in Title 13, California code of regulations. As part of the regulation, all diesel fuel coming into CA must meet CA standards and Mexican diesel fuel does not currently meet the standards. Thus, an individual who imports diesel from Mexico in a separate (e.g.,"nurse") tank and transfers it to another facility (e.g., storage tank), vehicle, or transportation system is in violation of the CCR unless the fuel meets California standards.

Unless we (CBP) are told we can not enforce the CA law, diesel fuel imported in a separate tank will not be allowed in via the vehicle lanes. You would have to make a commercial entry and the diesel gas would have to meet the appropriate standards. I’m still reviewing this with our HQ office, but my recommendation in the meantime is to NOT bring in diesel fuel from Mexico. As soon as I get more information, I will let you know.

Customs and Border Protection
San Diego Field Office
Old 04-29-2008, 12:44 PM

great info...not that i would have the need to do that because it isnt worth the time for me...being i am in NORTHERN CALI...but i have heard a few of the members that live that way doing it.....and i really dont blame them...now it seems there is a risk in doing it so i wonder how many people will be changing their minds about going south....

NCA
Old 04-29-2008, 01:08 PM

How does CBP justify enforcing CA CARB regulations? The only stretch I can think of is saying that since EPA didn't object, it falls under their aegis, and thus CBP would be enforcing federal regulations. If that's the case, I think it is way over the top.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
part of our price problem is our own fault. ULSD costs more to refine than old LSD I bet. =(
Old 04-30-2008, 11:48 PM

Looks like its gonna be a corona with my weekly fillup.. Hey SD horse guy, do you need a passport now days or will my CADL work.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:20 AM

IIRC you now need a passport when you go to Mexico and one to get back in to the USA.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by DBLR
IIRC you now need a passport when you go to Mexico and one to get back in to the USA.
Only if you're a citizen. Everyone else just strolls across somewhere.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:38 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
My neighbor's gonna love this news. He just invested in a inbed refueler type tank. 100 gallons w/motorized pumping,nozzle etc. He's been crossing @ 3:00 am at Otay Mesa. 100+ gallons @ $2.01/gallon in 20 minutes. I can't bear to tell him.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:58 PM

I wonder how many trucks go with south with and almost empty tank and come back with it full. Wonder what they say to the guys who have twin tanks under the truck, are they going to check both tanks before you go south and then again when you come back to know how much fuel you did or did not buy in Mexico?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:49 AM

mexican diesel fuel

now all this is interesting as i live in the san diego area and every day i see many tractor trailers coming in from baja and i know these mexican trucks are running mexican diesel fuel.

so what is the govt. plan for enforcing the rules with the mexican trucks and their fuel or are only we u.s. citizens going to be required to keep to the rules?

i have about had it with the SOBs that are running our state and our country. no, this is not about politics because both parties have sold it's law abiding citizens out.

makes me sick.

david
oceanside, calif.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:04 AM

Mexican Diesel 3.0

So this is what i know as of monday when i crossed the border.

It looks like they will allow nurse ( not factory) tanks across the border
you would have to show that the tank is hooked up to your vechicle somehow. the CBP is saying that it needs to be done professionally. if it looks like it is done jury riged then they will profile your vechicle and possbiley send you back to mexico to dump it.
as they dd that to me.
what i was told is that on friday they (CBP)will have a meeting with all the supervisors and let them know what the new policy is going to be.
i will be going down next week ( without extra tank) to see how far the information has filterd down.
if i cross otay and they say it is ok to bring in a nurse tank.
i will go and re-install it and load up.
If they say no then i will call the port director and let him know what i found out.
i just want all the ports to go by the same rule.
as far as the big trucks go they are comercial and they have to go thru the comeercial port which does takes many hours to cross.

DC
Old 05-15-2008, 09:07 AM

Crossing papers

What you need to get back into the usa is a passport or
a D.L. and a birth cert.
and the birth cert cannot be the one from the hostiptal
i had to request one from the county that i was born in.
in 2009 i think you will have to have a passport only
Old 05-15-2008, 11:05 AM

I would be scared to drive to Mexico.. it seems as if there are no laws.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hipsi
I would be scared to drive to Mexico.. it seems as if there are no laws.
They do have laws because I broke one. Several years ago I drove down the Baja and in one of their towns I ran a stop sign (the sign was laying in the ditch, covered with weeds). They have a system where you pay on the spot. Fine was 25 bucks. I had two twentys' and no fives. I gave the cop the 2 twentys and got informed that I was also speeding and the fine was -guess what- 15 bucks. Never again drove into Mexico!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:03 PM

mexico

I worked down there for 8 years
crossing the border every day if not more.
it is not our country it is there's
you have to understand that
you do not have any rights there none.
being an american makes it worst
you need to blend in
hard for me as my truck has american eagles runnjing down the side of the truck on both sides.
i just drive like them
if i come across a 4 way intersection i treat it as a 4 way stop.
i drive like everyone else.
one other thing not do is DO NOT DRIVE AT NIGHT.
and again it is not our country just try and blend in.
the have as much violance as we do .
but down there you will never find a school being shot up.

Quick Reply: Read This About Bring Fuel Back From Mexico Into Ca