Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Fuel conditioner that "pays" for itself.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I order Stanadyne from this place: http://www.mwfi.com/Fueladdpage.htm

I've got a couple of cases stored in the garage and I use it every time I fill up. I don't know if it helps mileage or not--never not used it.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
http://www.stanadyne.com/new/ppt/showfile.asp?id=1295

It cleans, it lubricates, it's a cetane improver, & it's an anti-gell.

It's pretty much everything you need in a bottle.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:07 PM

i use howes diesel treat anti gel only in the winter but one big reason that i don't use stanadyne is b/c here it is WAY more expensive in comparisson to howes and also howes has the guarantees AND howes lasts longer (meaning more tank fills without buying more). they guarantee with the anti-gel that you'll go, or they pay for the tow. now that sounds like it's good stuff if they're that confident in they're product to say that, and not to mention that guarantee on the meaner cleaner they have too. so that's the main reason i use it, but stanadyne is very good and very well known stuff as well.

but still...people like guarantees
Old 03-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Weeeeeell,.......as most fuel distributors add anti-gell in the winter months anyway,......it's like also having a guarantee that while using it, you'll not be run over by a dinosaur.

Use what works for you......that's the name of the game after all, ain't it?
Old 03-24-2006, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by sajigore
Where can one get the Hawes? Looked on the net and it looks as though one has to buy it on the net.
http://www.howeslube.com/site/distributors.php just pick your state
Old 03-24-2006, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Weeeeeell,.......as most fuel distributors add anti-gell in the winter months anyway,......it's like also having a guarantee that while using it, you'll not be run over by a dinosaur.

Use what works for you......that's the name of the game after all, ain't it?
i like the way you made your point. and yes you are right about the anti gel in the fuel anyway or mixed fuel (#1 and #2).

but still you gotta agree with me Americans and humans in general love to have that guarantee on the package, right? it kinda makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside when you read it .
Old 03-24-2006, 11:14 PM

The meaner cleaner howes up here where I live was $20.00 plus taxes. The ratio that is supplied on the bottle is 1ml per liter. So....... the 946ml bottle I bought does 946L. I got myself a handy dandy measuring with ml marks on it for very easy conditioner adding. The metric system is good for something! Still need to run a couple of days to get a good average to see if the stuff is working.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:54 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
they guarantee with the anti-gel that you'll go, or they pay for the tow.
Have you read the fine print?
Howe's only guarantees a free tow if you buy at least case of gallon jugs per year.

Trusting that pump fuel is anti-gel treated down to temperatures that you might experience could prove to downright deadly. Most times gelled fuel allows you drive quite a few miles before the filter plugs and leaves you stranded.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:38 PM

4.8% of 16mpg is .768. They are not exactly going out on a limb with their claims
Old 04-02-2006, 10:50 PM

But they are attainable and realistic. I'll take it. I think the stuff works as advertised.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:09 PM
I think I can... I think...

Originally Posted by Tree DR
How much was the howes? At what % is it supposed to be mixed? 4.8% of 16mpg is what?
It's just under 12 bucks for a 32 oz bottle at my local Loves Truck stop. I put 4 oz in each tank till the bottles gone. If you are having any injector problems you'll probably notice a huge improvement on the first tank. I know I did!!!
I can usually got about 1 month without it before I start noticing a loss in economy and power. When that happens I spend another 12 bucks for the next 8 tanks and keep rockin
Old 04-07-2006, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by infidel
Have you read the fine print?
Howe's only guarantees a free tow if you buy at least case of gallon jugs per year.

Trusting that pump fuel is anti-gel treated down to temperatures that you might experience could prove to downright deadly. Most times gelled fuel allows you drive quite a few miles before the filter plugs and leaves you stranded.
i dont trust the pumps in the winter. no matter what i put anti gel in to be safe and i usually over do it and dont measure at all. Im pretty sure my brother has gotten a good stock pile from where he used to work and i dont know about the other additives but im not willing to get water in my fuel in the winter and have both my tanks gel and get strandid somewhere cuz i dont know too many ppl that would be able to get me of the side of the road and im not crawling under my truck with a heat gun and ungel the lines and filter and tanks. so i dont know if its proven to get better mileage or not but i like having the sense of mind that i am helping the pump last longer and prolonging the life of my engine. As for the truck it can be replaced but i will sell the truck with no drive train before i ever get rid of the motor and trans
Old 05-10-2006, 09:06 PM

I tried Stanadyne today in my 12v Cummins. After filling up at the station , I started my truck and after about 1 minute I noticed the engine quieted down a lot and the fuel pump seemed a lot quieter also. Judging by the way the engine quieted down I would say it is well worth the extra cost by saving my fuel pump.If I get a little extra mileage from a tank of fuel that's just icing on the cake.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:06 PM

Ad removed site violation
Old 05-12-2006, 08:30 PM

Ad removed site violation

How much do you get out of the $19.95 per bottle?

Quick Reply: Fuel conditioner that "pays" for itself.