Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Economy of fuel?? What will affect you??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if the gov would worry less about the dow jones and the big banks and let us have a little slow time some of this stuff would come down in price. over consumption is what is killing us. my parents didn't have a nice trailerhouse and pickup until after they were in there late fifties and had cash to buy them. today you just go buy it and don't worry about the payment thing just kills me. i think a taste of a slow down would put alot of the spend a lots on call to pay up. now they want to bale out these folks on interest only loanes . what will they learn if they don't get hurt. nothing. and they will expect to get bailed out again. remember the banks taking bad loans from south america back in the seventies and they were bailed out. and here we are again and they want bailed out again. save your money if you have a surplus. sorry for the off thread post. i drive easy now.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:44 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ~Angry Tractor~
I no longer drive my truck unless absolutely necessary. Fuel here is 53 cents more the gas. I have a diesel car that gets 34 MPG on winter fuel and 40 mpg on summer. With diesel being so much more then gas, I calculated that driving my car is as efficient as driving a gasser that gets around 26 mpg and THAT is what the oil companies want. I really believe they anticipated people migrating to fuel efficient diesel powered vehicles when they started price gouging gasoline. They ran the price of diesel fuel up so that no matter what you drive they get about the same amount out of our pocket per mile. How much more of this price gouging, over taxation and over all outrageous inflation are we going to take before we finally say enough is enough? I had to take a $4 an hour pay cut 4 years ago to keep my job and look at how everything has gone up since. I am now making the same wage I made in 1995. Remember what fuel was back then? I used to make a decent wage but now I am considering taking a second job because I can no longer save any money. When I complain about all this to someone who isn't experiencing something similiar I get labeled as disgruntled. I don't think I am disgruntled but I am fed up with unfair wages, taxation and inflation, but until enough other people are feeling the same way and willing to figure how to change it, it will just stay the same. Ok enough of my rant You all have a good one and I hope the New Year is better.
It was the over regulation and taxation that drove our oil companies overseas .. Courtesy of the free trade agreement we are doing the same thing to everything else..So called cheap Chinese steal was in the MN bridge. You think were having trouble with oil from foreign soils wait until they control what is for dinner as well.. The only thing congress has done in the past 30 yrs since the Saudis first bent us over the oil barrel is to give there selves raises.. Wake up America before it's to late!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure! I blame the hippocrats in congress/senate for MOST of what's wrong.

But they keep sending the same rear end holes back up there, some for 30+ years.

What do those excriment heads know about real life out here?

I did an awful thing last weekend. I drove to DFW on Saturday and back on Sunday. I DID get slightly over 20 on that tank however.

I do drive as much for mileage as to get there.