Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Biodiesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biodiesel

Anybody have some plans on how to make a bio diesel rigging. i just wanna start messin around with it. And i know its biodiesel but diesel is gettin expensive. anyhelp is greatly appreciated.
paul
Old 05-23-2007, 12:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Look in General forums, there is Bio forum there. Lots of posts.
-P
Old 05-23-2007, 12:45 PM

biodiesel

go straigt veggi oil. Check out frybrid.com
Old 05-23-2007, 07:52 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Here's the best plans http://www.biodieselcommunity.org/appleseedprocessor/
Old 05-23-2007, 09:25 PM

The best ones are here:

http://www.murphysmachines.com/biodiesel_processor.html

And you can see what others have had to say about these plans on a public forum like this one here:
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/foru...1/m/3761048091

The best part is, these plans come with support from me.. Email and/or telephone to make sure you do it right the first time.

Can't get any better than that.

The appleseed processor is also a good design but they don't drain completely and that can be a problem. Its a minor problem, but a problem no less..

Check out my website www.MurphysMachines.com for more information on making biodiesel.. (See the menu on the left side for some great reading)

Good luck,
Old 05-25-2007, 08:52 AM

thanks alot guys
Old 05-25-2007, 09:12 AM

Unless you go with a fully automated machine like Murphy's, I hope you have a lot of extra time on your hands, you'll need it to make enough Bio to last ya.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:33 AM

It sounds like your new to the idea , so do a lot of checking reading , remember to think about proof when some one suggests one thing or another , I can not suggest strong enough to stay away from the straight vegi/waste , go with the processing method [ transesterfication ] , this removes the gliserin in the oil witch is reported to have long term effects with not burning completely ,
This will probably sturr up a lot of beleavers , I want to understand what I am doing/using , not beleave in it , look for studies that have gone for many yrs. & many miles [ not , 3-12 mths. & 3,000 - 10,000 miles ] , then had the engine tear down by a 3rd party .
The Appleseed the infidel mentions above I like the best , because the info is free and they suggest recycling junk [ used waster heater ] to keep your costs down , the Murphys looks good , but you pay for the plans [ I'm not against paying , but the info is out there for free ] , & since your heating the mixture , a insulated tank is a good idea .
Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 AM

glycerin myth

http://www.frybrid.com/forum/showthr...light=glycerin
danalinscott
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no glycerine in VO.

VO is composed of triglycerides.
But these a VERY different from Glycerine.

A common miconception among those who know a little about biodiesel is that the process "removes" glycerine from VO. Not so.

In fact the glycerine is FORMED in the transeterification process and is THEN removed from the biodiesel at a later stage. It probably would cause problems if left in biodiesel..but it but since it does not exist in VO it cannot cause problems.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by siebertl
http://www.frybrid.com/forum/showthr...light=glycerin
danalinscott
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no glycerine in VO.

VO is composed of triglycerides.
But these a VERY different from Glycerine.

A common miconception among those who know a little about biodiesel is that the process "removes" glycerine from VO. Not so.

In fact the glycerine is FORMED in the transeterification process and is THEN removed from the biodiesel at a later stage. It probably would cause problems if left in biodiesel..but it but since it does not exist in VO it cannot cause problems.

Wow.. You guys must be desperate beyond all reason because that is the most MISLEADING information I have ever seen..

Tri-GLYCERIDES!!!! GLCERIDE-GLYCERIN-GLYCEROL

LOL... hello???

Your terminology is just picking at straws..

VEGETABLE OIL IS NOT FUEL

Biodiesel is recognized by the US Department of Energy as a "Direct alternative to regular diesel fuel"

Want to argue with that?

If you dump pure vegetable oil into a modern day diesel engine, you are taking a big risk. The two most common failures are plugged injectors and blown injection pumps. These two problems plauge the straight vegetable oil users..
Old 05-29-2007, 10:13 AM

Thats why I'm here , to get help , keeping me on my toes .
And info .
Old 05-29-2007, 12:59 PM

vo

Well, just dumping it in will lead to problems. But there is plenty of evidence that with a properly installed system that wvo is a viable fuel. While I also don't argue that biodiesel is as well. However, I find wvo to be much less hassle and I'm also not talking up a product that I sell.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.b100supply.com/ Buy "girl Mark's" book. She has plans and parts list included. You don't need alot of extra time to make Bio-diesel. It's easy and simple. The book will tell you everything you need to knoe (about $18.00 plus shipping.) Don't waste your money on any of the automatted processors.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by siebertl
Well, just dumping it in will lead to problems. But there is plenty of evidence that with a properly installed system that wvo is a viable fuel. While I also don't argue that biodiesel is as well. However, I find wvo to be much less hassle and I'm also not talking up a product that I sell.

I partly agree with you here..

I fully believe it is possible to design an engine to run on pure vegetable oil with the glyceride molecule "backbone" left in..

However, it would require a redesign of the pistons, valves, injectors, etc etc etc..
Just heating the oil up to thin it out doesnt work correctly.. It means the difference between an engine going 50,000 miles and 250,000 miles before crapping out..

Like I said, I do agree with you that veg oil can be used as fuel.. but the engine needs to be designed for it.

Sorry for being so rude with you.. I had a crap morning and it didnt get better until this afternoon. Please don't take it personally.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are going to run straight WVO, I think you need a two tank system, fuel heater, and good filtering. I have seen diesels go well over 250,000 miles with the correct system.

Quick Reply: Biodiesel