Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Where are They! (D-Max Killers)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't really care what anyone says but Duramaxes run period! I know have beat a few and lost to a few but they run good! If they want to talk smack let em' if you beat them on the track good but if they beat you I guess you have no defense......
Brandon
Old 07-29-2008, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by jwb600
belongs to reisert dont think hes a member on here. it runs very strong some people say its a scheid engine but dont know that for a fact
Yeah brandon is a personal friend of mine. And it's not a scheid engine.

Originally Posted by RAT_03
Brandon Reisert drives the black dodge 12v with green flames. Motor was built by a guy named Jeff. Pretty laid back guys.
Jeff has done some tweaking on it that's for sure. He is a very crafty person.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 97' CTD
I don't really care what anyone says but Duramaxes run period! I know have beat a few and lost to a few but they run good! If they want to talk smack let em' if you beat them on the track good but if they beat you I guess you have no defense......
Brandon
If I ever get out pulled by a Duramax I will be the first to shake his hand.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:43 AM

heck the duramax's around here can't keep the front end under them long enuff to beat anything.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by RAT_03
Brandon Reisert drives the black dodge 12v with green flames. Motor was built by a guy named Jeff. Pretty laid back guys.
I told him at franklin his truck was sharp and he just blew it off like it was junk he said the clearcoat wasnt what he wanted? dont know I knew you would have the info on the engine secret agent man you are the info guru
Old 07-31-2008, 12:08 AM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

ears open at all times here lol
Old 08-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned

Come on Brandon. put it out front like you did at TS!!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Diesel Doc
heck the duramax's around here can't keep the front end under them long enuff to beat anything.
must be small town pulling then. everybody knows you need to do a few basic things to the front end before even trying to do anything in 4wd in a dmax.

ben
Old 08-04-2008, 12:28 AM

yup small town stuff mostly we have about 50-60 diesels come out. Even the small block gm crowd breaks front end parts though. I can't figure out why GM hasn't done something better with the front end setup on their pickups.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Banned

yup small town stuff mostly we have about 50-60 diesels come out. Even the small block gm crowd breaks front end parts though. I can't figure out why GM hasn't done something better with the front end setup on their pickups.
I cant figure out why some dmax owners are so stupid and dont spend the little amount of time and 300 dollars to make their front ends not blow up...

If you blow up something in the stock weak IFS once, you could have easilly paid for a set of tie rod sleeves and cognito pitman/idler arm braces.

ben
Old 08-10-2008, 01:58 PM

Those cognito's dont work that great, i would spend the coin on the centerlink and be done with it! Had a truck with the cognito's on and his wheels still toed in bad! He wasnt happy with them so he bought the centerlink and said thats what he should have in the first place!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bswope
Those cognito's dont work that great, i would spend the coin on the centerlink and be done with it! Had a truck with the cognito's on and his wheels still toed in bad! He wasnt happy with them so he bought the centerlink and said thats what he should have in the first place!
If you drop the torsion bars so everything is flat, you will not get toe in with cognito's and tie rod sleeves. If you race with the bars cranked, yes you will get a little toe in even with the cognito's and tie rod sleeves. The solid centerlink is another bulletproof option, but you lose some turning radius because it gets rid of the ackerman in the steering. The GM's have poor enough turning radius IMO, so I didnt do the centerlink, and have been more than happy with the cognitos.

Im putting quite a bit of power through my front end (tie rod sleeves, cognito braces, stock centerlink) and in 97,000 miles, lots of drag racing, and two sled pulls, Ive only worn out one driver side wheel bearing.

ben
Old 08-10-2008, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by duratothemax
If you drop the torsion bars so everything is flat, you will not get toe in with cognito's and tie rod sleeves. If you race with the bars cranked, yes you will get a little toe in even with the cognito's and tie rod sleeves. The solid centerlink is another bulletproof option, but you lose some turning radius because it gets rid of the ackerman in the steering. The GM's have poor enough turning radius IMO, so I didnt do the centerlink, and have been more than happy with the cognitos.

Im putting quite a bit of power through my front end (tie rod sleeves, cognito braces, stock centerlink) and in 97,000 miles, lots of drag racing, and two sled pulls, Ive only worn out one driver side wheel bearing.

ben
His torsion bars were droped nice and flat, like i said before he was not very happy with them.
But hey each to their own dude glad u have good results with them, and i agree about losein turning radius.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:34 PM

Not trying to start anything, but for a week front end i sure have give those boys a run for their money down at Morgan's Corner NC with my D MAX. My Goat made it 70' sheared the pinion gear now it has a 11 1/2" rear and 3.73 f/r. The blue d max with STROKE THIS
Old 08-12-2008, 08:44 AM

Where is the next pull you guys are going to? I am hoping to have my trans back together this weekend.