Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Where are They! (D-Max Killers)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are They! (D-Max Killers)

I'm about tired of hearing all my chevy buddies talking about the d-max's winning the top five spots at all the pulls around here, and it seems some of my Cummins buddies are jumping on the bandwagon.

I've read about some cummins' winning lots of pulls, but haven't seen it yet

Just curious if any of the "strong" cummins will be pulling in south west Ohio
Old 07-25-2008, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by CMooreBLKSMK
I'm about tired of hearing all my chevy buddies talking about the d-max's winning the top five spots at all the pulls around here, and it seems some of my Cummins buddies are jumping on the bandwagon.

I've read about some cummins' winning lots of pulls, but haven't seen it yet

Just curious if any of the "strong" cummins will be pulling in south west Ohio
if somone put as much $$$ in a cr cummins as people put in those d-bag
diesels theyd have something strong.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:05 PM

You probably won't see alot of big pullers going to the local county fairs. Look into some bigger events and you won't be disappointed. Theres a big pull in Zanesville Sept. 27th. that should draw some big time pullers. However, like it or not, the Dmaxs are strong running engines.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:21 AM

cummins powered trucks have been doing good around here this year. they are out there for sure pulling but there are some d-maxes that do run really well. its either a dodge or a chevy that wins around here not too many fords anymore
Old 07-26-2008, 06:40 AM

I do realize that the d-max's do run good, but all I have seen is them taking the top five spots and a 12v taking sixth and so on. I haven't seen but one CR Cummins so far.
I'll def check into the Zanesville pull.
Thanks
Cory
Old 07-26-2008, 08:40 AM

Dodge Boys have been winning most of the 2.5 class pulls this year in Kentucky. Although there are a few D-max's that are getting close to winning. The 2.8/3.0 class on the other hand is a complete toss up. There are some bad a$$ running trucks down here. I know we will have a big group headed to Scheids this year.

Mike
Old 07-26-2008, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by CMooreBLKSMK
I do realize that the d-max's do run good, but all I have seen is them taking the top five spots and a 12v taking sixth and so on. I haven't seen but one CR Cummins so far.
I'll def check into the Zanesville pull.
Thanks
Cory
A 12v has been winning around here for the most part but its a very built truck. I dont mind what year or engine as long as a dodge wins. some of these guys have help or a sponser so its easier to come up with parts and money. I just have people to ask questions to but other than that no sponsers for me
Old 07-26-2008, 12:55 PM

Jesse who's truck is it?

The Dmax crowd has a group of trucks finish a few pulls in first place and they suddenly think it's the new king....well it's got a long way to go if it's ever going to dethrone CTD's.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:55 PM

There have been a few Dodges running around Eastern Iowa putting the smack down on some very strong Duramax's this year and I know one of the Dodges is a daily driver '06 that's never had the engine out of it.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by CNeubauer
There have been a few Dodges running around Eastern Iowa putting the smack down on some very strong Duramax's this year and I know one of the Dodges is a daily driver '06 that's never had the engine out of it.
It's only a matter of time if he keeps treating his truck like that
Old 07-26-2008, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never lost a pull to a Duramax or powerstroke ever
Old 07-27-2008, 12:32 AM

I took my wife to her first pull last night at a local county fair, the wining truck in the heavy wait class was an 07' four door cummins that musta still had it's dpf, cause it didn't spit out an ounce of smoke. I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy so I don't know if he had done anything to it, but you could hear the turbo real well and the you could hear the exhaust so it musta at least had a dpf back kit and an open air cleaner.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:20 AM

My cr has been tearing some d-maxs up.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by 03qclb5spd
Jesse who's truck is it?

The Dmax crowd has a group of trucks finish a few pulls in first place and they suddenly think it's the new king....well it's got a long way to go if it's ever going to dethrone CTD's.
belongs to reisert dont think hes a member on here. it runs very strong some people say its a scheid engine but dont know that for a fact
Old 07-29-2008, 04:31 PM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

Brandon Reisert drives the black dodge 12v with green flames. Motor was built by a guy named Jeff. Pretty laid back guys.

Quick Reply: Where are They! (D-Max Killers)