Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Sled Pull In Cen-tex

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sled Pull In Cen-tex

went to a antique tractor show and pull and i pulled the ol truck too. I ended up in second place after the pull-off, not a huge turn out with trucks but there were a few.

take a look in my gallery for pics

Thanks for looking
Jake
Old 04-24-2006, 10:32 PM

u gonna pull at the peach and melon festaville in deleon
Old 04-24-2006, 11:02 PM

I'll be at De Leon
Old 04-24-2006, 11:17 PM

When is this going to be?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:28 PM

Talking

I will most definately be there... but hopefully with a new htt sp 66 and a haisley street puller.... if i get my bike sold.

it will be in august some time not for sure on the exact dates yet but ill keep y'all posted.

jake
Old 04-24-2006, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by cummnz4x4pwr
I will most definately be there... but hopefully with a new htt sp 66 and a haisley street puller.... if i get my bike sold.

it will be in august some time not for sure on the exact dates yet but ill keep y'all posted.

jake

me too ill have twins by then
Old 04-25-2006, 10:04 AM

cummnz4x4pwr... I think I've seen that pic in your Avator.. somewhere... haha..

There are some coming up.. but the most popular ones usually the pulls in Stephenville... everyone seems to have a diesel truck there...

June 16-17 Stephenville
July 4 Stephenville
August 10-12 DeLeon http://www.outlawpulling.com/eventschedule.htm
Sept 8-9 Cisco
Nov 3-4 Stephenville

These will be the most popular for the diesel trucks..
Normally they will pull the trucks last.. but as we found out last weekend.. sometimes in the middle of the day... Listed below are the dates for the Antique tractor pulls.. If you want to pull a truck, Just show up at one of these events.. they will hook about anything to the sled..

If you are going to pull in DeLeon, I'd recommend hitting at least one of these events.. just to feel for everything.. and test your truck.. DeLeon will be a good track, and about the best sled you can get..

May 4-5 Santo's ( Not a 100% sure on this date.)
May 19-20 LeRoy (This ones not set in stone yet.)
May 26-27 Hillsoboro
June 16-17 Stephenville
June 23-24 Dublin
July 4 Stephenville
July 7-8 Glen Rose
Sept 8-9 Gordon
Oct 13-14 Cisco
Nov 3-4 Stephenville
Old 04-25-2006, 10:28 AM

Almost forgot this one...

http://www.dhraonline.com/?GROUP=series&PAGE=nathrp
The Nowel Thomas World Finals at the Diesel Nationals, Texas, takes place at Houston Raceway Park (HRP) in Baytown, Texas, on October 14-15, 2006.

The event is organized and operated by DHRA, Inc.

The event began as the main diesel race in Texas. It was renamed the Nowel Thomas World Finals in memory of Nowel Thomas after his unexpected death enroute to one of the first races. Mr. Thomas was a dieselhead extraordinaire who always lent a hand whenever there was a diesel problem nearby.

This event is patterned after Thunder in Muncie, DHRA's highly successful diesel lifestyle event in Indiana. This year, we will have sponsors, vendors, drag racing and sled pulling.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:19 AM

hey i might make the hilsboro one also, deleon for sure and glen rose is a definite maybe. face they are just a lot of fun
Old 04-25-2006, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by JDGnut
cummnz4x4pwr... I think I've seen that pic in your Avator.. somewhere... haha..
I couldnt help myself .

Im going to try to make it to all of them but prob. just on sat. b/c of work

this way I can tune the truck and play with weights and other little tweaks gotta getr ready for The Peach and Melon Festival.

jake
Old 04-26-2006, 11:00 AM

Jake, Next time we need to run a few of the trucks accross the scales to get an idea of how different the weights are.. get an idea what the weight classes need to be..
Bryan
Old 04-26-2006, 05:08 PM

yeah I agree, but I dont know how well that would fly with people running operation it did not seem like they were to organized "paper Plates" hm hm.

I just dont know how they would react to that, thats all.

but sounds like a great idea if we can make it work.

jake
Old 04-26-2006, 10:05 PM

Organized... Well... they are tractor pullers.. tractor pullers.. not truck pullers... They know the routine.. how the classes are arranged, when to pull.. If the truck pullers are organized.. it would work much better... but don't expect the tractor pullers to organize the trucks and/or rules... Its going to take a couple of the truck pullers together and get organized..
But I will admitt.. that pull was not as organized as the pulls have been in the past.. I think part of it was due to the fact that there were not many tractor pullers there.. mostly pulling their show tractors.. (I know it might not look like a difference.. but there is.. )

We need to get a few things lined up for the pull on June 25th.. and try to get some pullers lined up..

Oh.. on the plate thing... they give us a number at the begining of the year.. you keep the same number all year... If you want to keep using the plates, that's fine... but you will have the same number next time you pull... (The issue comes when you start pulling with different clubs...)

I forgot how far away Stanton is located.. we had pullers from Big Springs that didnt even come.. haha..

And after looking at the pics.. are you sure you didn't beat that dually??? (Just looking at the bannors on the side..)
Old 04-26-2006, 10:15 PM

love the peach and watermelon festival. whiteright has a bigger turn out though. i can't get enough of it. gotta love those 7 engined tractors. wow do they hurt. nothing like a big block chevrolet turnin 8000 rpm through open headers or zoomies. don't get me wrong i'm a diesel junkie but nothing like a fat block turnin the r's. been in the stuff since i was born and can't get enough. i'm gonna try to be at whiteright.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:21 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by JDGnut
I forgot how far away Stanton is located.. we had pullers from Big Springs that didnt even come.. haha..

And after looking at the pics.. are you sure you didn't beat that dually??? (Just looking at the bannors on the side..)
stanton is somewhere between big spring and lubbock if i remember correctly.

And I cant really tell from the pics because of the angles. They told me that he pulled 201 Ft and i pulled 188 ft.

so thats what i went by all I knew is that it was pretty close either way. i am still in awe that my clutch held and i did as well as i did.

but yeah I agree we do need to set some rules and get with guys that own the sled and scale and let them know whats going on. I dont really know them but I am really wanting to do a LOT MORE sled pulling in the future.

neway we need to get our heads together and round up some more trucks to pull.

jake

Quick Reply: Sled Pull In Cen-tex