Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

I am going to pull this weekend..

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am going to pull this weekend..

And I need help on the take-off part. My wheels are 235/85/R16 Goodyear Trackers I know, not aggressive but I am going to have fun and if I win, the better. I have decided on either 2lo or 3lo. The track has a bit of clay in it plus manure from previous years of 4H showing. The clutch is stock....

So do I let the clutch out slowly until it hooks and then drop the hammer or.....

Do I drop the hammer while dumping the clutch at the same time....

Either way I know I will either ruin the clutch (I am planning on getting a better one here in about a month) or have it slip bad. I have not had any issues wit the clutch at all. I can pull a 10k trailer up a hill, accelerating in 5th, and not have it slip. It slipped 1 time and that was when I tried a burnout in 3rd. It was just long enough to here the engine revving up while seeing the tires not lighting up. This was about 1 month ago.

I appreciate all advice!

Jon
Old 07-23-2007, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think you'd have any problem trying 1st hi. thats what gear Ive been pulling in. But now im gonna try low 3rd for more wheel speed. I normaly bring it up to 1500rpms then start letting the clutch out. Then you should be able to feel it out wether you need more rpms or let the clutch out slower.