Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

The Buck Motorsports Powerfest Series.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup...the buck broke my truck again! always finding the weak link

still made if 310"-5" before the big bang...such a clean break, you couldn't machine this thing off any smoother.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not real sure who everyone was ??? but it was good to see the gathering.
TJ, what is that part. an input shaft of tranny?
Old 07-22-2007, 11:55 PM
BDS

Had a great time out their and I loved the comments about the wifes Excursion...Grocerey Getter and ******* Waggon!

TJ nothing wrong with breaking parts while "Lettin Er Eat" till the end. I think for the next Pull/Drags I'm going to take off her 20" KMC wheels and Toyo MT's...They are heavy! I didn't do to bad I guess in the events for pullin/draggin moms ride!

My friends 02' Dodge that had the ram air hood did really well for his first time pulling...I think we should take off the 37" ATZ's next time though! He could have got a few more feet with a little smaller tire.

I had another friend their in an 05 dodge that pulled for the first time in the third heat and did pretty well...He said he should have chosen a taller gear though...It was the first time he really had a chance to try out the new DD clutch.

Anyone going to Chesterfield MD this friday?
Brent.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:53 PM

where is Chesterfield MD? There is a pull tuesday night at Cecil county fair in Fair Hill MD.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:23 PM

yeah there was a lot more carnage at this powerfest than there was at the first one this summer. how about that poor sap that got his tailgate mashed in in the tug of war?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by afoulk
yeah there was a lot more carnage at this powerfest than there was at the first one this summer. how about that poor sap that got his tailgate mashed in in the tug of war?
his night was made when a friend of mine (the white dually that won the street class) walked over to his gf's F-350 that he uses to pull his gooseneck, pulled the tailgate off and handed it to the guy. That's about a $500 tailgate, and my buddy Nick said the guy was real bummed saying his tranny was starting to go, and then his tailgate got smashed so he hooked the dude up!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:17 PM
BDS

TANK, I made a mistake....It is Chestertown MD.
We are trying to make it...I don't know if they have pulls though. I only heard about drags.

Can't make the Cecil pulls since I work third shift. I'm saving VAC days for Shied!

Brent.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Banned

So...
Did they make the Duramaxipad owners keep thier trucks at the proper ride height this time?????.

And...

Why is it that if I do not go that reports of happening are not posted and those in attendence can not figure out how to use a camera for those of us who had to work?.I seen Iker tried and got 16 shots or so but with all the heavy hitters there at one pull,photos would have helped those couldn't be there.......Andy
Old 07-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hammer
So...
Did they make the Duramaxipad owners keep thier trucks at the proper ride height this time?????.
There was a discussion in the drivers meeting, and the tech guys and the old man in charge basically said that they are doing it to save front end components and they don't see it giving them any advantage because there are "small tricks that dodges and fords can also do" that can give them an advantage over the GM's.

Also the bumper thing...what a joke, the tech guy says a guy running a ranch hand bumper which is not light, gives that guy no advantage over guys with stock bumpers because anyone can add weight to get to the 8,000lbs limit. They also said that we can bolt weights to the frame and bumper as long as they are not visible, even tho the rules clearly state:
E. Maximum truck weight including driver is 8,000 lbs. Added weights must be mounted and secured in bed of the truck. Front mounted weights are not allowed, front bumpers must be O.E.M., lower brackets for snowplow frames are permitted, no modifications that add weight are permitted. All trucks must be weighed before class begins.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:55 PM

Thats awesome that your buddy just up and gave that guy a tailgate. I felt so bad for him. I can't believe they're that "loose" with the rules though. Not that anyone with a duramax, other than the guy with that silver crewcab, really did anything. I still say that guy with the black dodge got hosed in the drag racing, I think he had that chevy beat the first pass.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:55 PM

hey BDS it is only Drags in Chestertown. But September 1 the is aq pull at Tuckahoe down by Easton at 6 or 7 pm it is a Saturday. On Sept 22 they are having a pull in Chestertown at the Elks lodge it starts at 4 pm on a Saturday.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:47 AM
BDS

OK thanks, We will try and make it to them...It is looking like it will be a yes. What time do they start?