Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Any word or Results from Indy??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by signature600
Did you rent it nearby, or drive it from somewhere??

Chris
Rented it in the area, about 20 miles from IRP at the southeastern part of town. It was the only diesel small van at any of the Indy-area U-hauls. I know, as I called every single one of them! They apparently have been phasing the diesels out. My back-up plan was to rent an F350-based dump truck from an industrial rental place.

Regards,
Michael Pliska
Old 06-27-2006, 04:35 PM

Didn't realize it was a diesel 7.3L or PowerJoke??

Chris
Old 06-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Banned

It appeared to be an old 6.9L IDI (indirect injection). Real prehistoric stuff!

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-27-2006, 05:29 PM

Didn't look to be that old of truck...must have been a 7.3L, they were indirect injection too

Should have played with the pump while you were there
Chris
Old 06-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Banned

I don't know too much about the IDI trucks, but one of the guys I talked to said that if it was a 7.3 IDI that it should have had an overdrive transmission. All I know is that it didn't look like a Powerstroke 7.3L!

Regards,
Michael Pliska
Old 06-27-2006, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hdmax
I believe he has a stock turbo. Either Mark`s truck or Buck`s truck. I am sure I read that Mark`s turbo, and engine was still stock.

Our truck(No Limit) had a motor that was stock,the turbo was not stock.
And this is not the same motor that we ran last year,we grenaded it in Atlanta in '05.The motor that was in the truck when we made the 10.85 pass had 130,000+ miles.We threw it in there to start competing while the other one gets some parts.Just not expected it to scatter so soon.

Bucks truck had the stock turbo and is running a good set of rods.

Eric
Old 06-27-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Howling
Our truck(No Limit) had a motor that was stock,the turbo was not stock.
And this is not the same motor that we ran last year,we grenaded it in Atlanta in '05.The motor that was in the truck when we made the 10.85 pass had 130,000+ miles.We threw it in there to start competing while the other one gets some parts.Just not expected it to scatter so soon.

Bucks truck had the stock turbo and is running a good set of rods.

Eric
Thanks for the correction! And good luck from here on out.

Mike P; When I first saw the U-Haul line up, I thought it was a prank, then you just kept coming back for more In the trials, you must have red lighted every time Saturday, but come Sunday, you had it down (Even late Saturday with your 0.003 reaction time.) You would have been hard to beat, had you ran clean all day Sunday. (To bad the rains had to screw things up!)
Old 06-27-2006, 09:00 PM

I wound up leaving a little early due to the rain, had a 4-5 hour drive. Did anything happen after the burn out contest?

Mike P I was rootin for ya!! I thought you were going to take whole thing. Did you have a chance to run again?

This was my first Nationals and it was pretty cool. I've never seen so many diesel trucks in one place.

Funniest thing I saw while leaving the races Sat. afternoon, down the road at that little hot rod show, a seriously tubbed out javelin pulled out in front of me and took off after I think it was two fords with stacks. He thought he was going to race them I guess. Well he got a race and a new color for his car!! I've never seen so much smoke. I just about cried I was laughing so hard
Old 06-28-2006, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mglass1045
I wound up leaving a little early due to the rain, had a 4-5 hour drive. Did anything happen after the burn out contest?
Yep! They called the races and pulls. Then told us thanks for coming and told us to go home.

brandon.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:28 PM

Any refunds for the people who just showed up?
Old 06-28-2006, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
Any refunds for the people who just showed up?
None that I saw. I think it was just a "sorry it rained" kind of thing. Did you pull Justin?

bnraodn.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:08 PM

Nope....Didnt meet safety....dont plan to either.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:13 PM

Why didn't you meet safety?? Were you there?? I was kinda wondering why you didn't pull so close to home??

Chris
Old 06-28-2006, 04:20 PM

Yeah, I was there Saturday and filmed the super and mod classes. I got some of the street too.

No loops or axle shields on my truck and I could not get a straight answer from the DHRA folks so I said screw it, we got plenty of pulls around home.

I pulled that night at TAMPICO Indiana (check the other thread). We had 32 trucks in the Hot Street Diesel Class and about 7 in the Pro Pulling Class (Curt Haisley, Nick Hayes, Watsons old truck, Todd ***, Mike Rhodes etc.)

Chris did you pull Saturday?

I also pulled Monday night (broke). I would also be pulling this saturday day but I wont have my clutch switched out by then
Old 06-29-2006, 07:41 AM

I don't sled pull...my 95 is 2wd, and the 98 is Auto I'm picking dragracing for my new hobby...I can't forsee quite as many broken parts in dragracing as sledpulling

I'm sure once I get the tranny built, and some power under the hood I'll hook it some...but I'm gonna have twins, so I won't do any good in the Modified Class

What did you break? Clutch?
Chris

Quick Reply: Any word or Results from Indy??