Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Any word or Results from Indy??

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any word or Results from Indy??

Anybody heard anything from IRL at Indy this weekend. Someone must be sober enough to fill us in on the happinings. ks
Old 06-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was rained out. They split the purses amongst the top competitors from Saturday, and never even started the finals for tractor pulling.

They only got an hour of drag racing in today. Ruins my vacation. Now I'm sitting in some po-dunk town in Ohio on my way to Carnegie-Mellon...
Old 06-25-2006, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Begle1
It was rained out. They split the purses amongst the top competitors from Saturday, and never even started the finals for tractor pulling.

They only got an hour of drag racing in today. Ruins my vacation. Now I'm sitting in some po-dunk town in Ohio on my way to Carnegie-Mellon...

Hey now.... don't be talkin bad about Ohio... You realize that a lot of us on this site have to live here....

-Trey
Old 06-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by durasmack
Hey now.... don't be talkin bad about Ohio... You realize that a lot of us on this site have to live here....

-Trey
Don't get me wrong, I love Ohio.

The real babes are up here amongst the mosquitos...
Old 06-25-2006, 09:07 PM

ahhh yes.... mosquitos..... what "po-dunk" town are you in?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:53 PM

Rained out after the first round of drag racing.

brandon.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:20 AM

Good thing I didn't stay out there for Saturday

Friday was pretty good....except for those morons who built the sled pulling track Way too soft to run the high hp guys at the beginning, but that's what they did

Chris
Old 06-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
As usual Johnner (banshee) and I attended this event and had a great time!

We had to leave early Sunday, but we want to congratulate Jimmy and Dale Smith who debuted their newly rebuilt "Scheid Diesel/ATS/ Valvoline/Detroit Locker" Sponsored Pro Street Drag Pickup making two FANTASTIC runs on Saturday of 10.7 @ 130 MPH and 10.5 @ 132 MPH!! As many of you know Jimmy and Dale had struggled with many early problems last year and part of this year, but it looks like they are "over the hump" now! Jimmy also made one pass on Sunday before the rain running an 11.3 and beating the "Mass Diesel" Pro Street Truck who I think went 11.6. We are very happy to see Jimmy and Dale Smith finally catch a break. They are two great people, that's for sure! The full crews from Scheid Diesel including Dan Scheid, Kent Crowder, Andrew Marietta, Nick Pezan along with the ATS Crew of Clint Cannon, Mike Meineke, Joel Richards worked hard on Saturday "tuning" everything to help the truck make those great runs! Jimmy and Dale,......Johnner and I are very happy for you guys!

Also Darren Morrison apparently went 10.26 on his pass on Sunday. I didn't get much of a chance to see alot of the sled pulling but agree with "signature 600" that the track left alot to be desired! The new trucks of Terry Martin and Chris Watson are beautiful though! What a great job by those guys.

-------
John_P
Old 06-26-2006, 12:34 PM

Keating Shelly ran a 8.9?? at like 152 if i remember correctly, it was pretty sweet!
Old 06-26-2006, 12:39 PM

Also Darren Morrison apparently went 10.26 on his pass on Sunday. I didn't get much of a chance to see alot of the sled pulling but agree with "signature 600" that the track left alot to be desired! The new trucks of Terry Martin and Chris Watson are beautiful though! What a great job by those guys.
Darren's run was awesome... I have it on video, will post it later. Also got the sub 9 sec run that Keating made on Sunday. What was up with the Bullydog truck?? They were running it around in the pits but never showed up on the track to race??

That track was horrible and they were really hammerin' 'em with the sled... weight box full forward @250.

On Friday night we went to a local sled pull and watched a couple guys break their trucks... of course, Saturday night was crazy until someone piled up their truck and two others doing a serious burnout and donut.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:08 PM

It was a blast!

Keating ran 8.82 at 154.33 on Sunday.

I dont know if we had more fun at the event or at the warehouse at night. We deffinately won't miss it again.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
As usual Johnner (banshee) and I attended this event and had a great time! ...
John_P
Did Johnner race his truck Saturday?? I saw one 3rd Gen truck rowing the gears, but didn't seem fast enough to be him??

That U-haul truck that ran Saturday made me wish I had took the '95 out there. Could've had a "Work Truck Showdown"

Chris
Old 06-26-2006, 01:24 PM

The Bully Dog truck did run, he ran late saturday night and the he had a run on sunday morning, I was not impressed at all with it, it ran a 12. something second, from the way that pinks had it on there, it seemed like it would be faster then a 12.something. That was the most fun i have had in a while, we dont have anything like that here in Maine, i like getting out to the midwest, it is a nice change of pace and nice change of scene
Old 06-26-2006, 04:37 PM

Ya the pinks truck did make some late runs but left a lot to be desired .
they were chasing some electrical gremlins early, forgot to hook up the main pcm ground

Randy
Old 06-26-2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Begle1

TRACTOR pulling? Where in the world were you at?

Quick Reply: Any word or Results from Indy??