Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   ABDTR #5 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/)
-   -   tear to my eye (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/tear-my-eye-248395/)

ICL 07-29-2009 08:36 AM

sounds good. Be around all day today.

Mlucas 07-29-2009 08:45 AM

hmmm, you dump a little oil/diesel & the whole world complains.

I don't agree with it, but its been done for a long time & will continue to. We would pour any old oil we had on the gravel as a poor mans dust control. Beats paving.

ICL 07-29-2009 12:49 PM

I belive you still can as long as its will have no run off, or within 25 meters of a water source. Lignin sulfonate tree sap gets it done and can be used close to a water source and meets all the nessesary requirments.

Mike Holmen 07-29-2009 10:26 PM

Wink hows the build going buddy? The thread is getting off track somewhat[laugh] It looked pretty decent the other day buddy?[coffee]

winkdemon 07-29-2009 11:52 PM

the trany is in. t-case bolted up , starter on , just finished the trany mount , painted and i will bolt it in morning , and the cab i hope will be on tomorrow night but i need to find a few guys help me lift it on ,

Mike Holmen 07-31-2009 09:10 AM

Which cab you gonna put on the truck? You should put twins on the truck, as with the cab off, its an easy install.[laugh] I could drag down a S475 with an exhaust down pipe to show you how that works.[coffee]

Your building your truck way too fast.[coffee]

Just thinking about the neighbors, the outside stuff, could you just put a tarp over it, so its out of sight and out of mind?

I'm waiting for my turn at wrenching, but all my stuff is working pretty good, so far.[laugh]

winkdemon 07-31-2009 12:42 PM

i am putting a cab off of a 1975 , witch all the cabs are the same from 1973-93 anyways , as for the twins i don't have the money to buy them lol but i ahve all the body . i am going to put the trucks body all on. but when twins and p-pump time i am just going to pull the front end all off of it , it's only about a 1.5 hour to pull the hole front end off , but i have built a few of these truck so i no the easy way to pull everything off lol
as for traping the body parts that will not do it has to be inside a building

winkdemon 08-05-2009 09:45 PM

more pics

i have the cab on , fenders and had the doors on , pulled the doors bqack off sso it's easier to work on , dash is in other then the gauges and raidio now .
i started the truck , and i need a starter , and new fuel line i most of put a hole in it when i drilled the holes for the new body mounts , [duhhh] eh well it's only money right [laugh]

i pulled the intake heater out .and pulled the bigg sticks out last week to :(
but i sold them so i could the ones i want , had them for a year and sold them for the same price i payed for them [laugh] so thats ok i guess

Diesel Dave2 08-05-2009 09:53 PM

Looks good Rob....[roll]

winkdemon 08-05-2009 10:00 PM

it's starting to look like a truck again lol , but i still have 100's of hours left of work , still need to lift it , find and put a p-pump on it , twins, paint , ladder bars , and the list goes way way way on . :)

Mike Holmen 08-05-2009 11:52 PM

Looking good buddy. Keep up the hard work buddy.[coffee]