ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Sweetgrass Montana Parts Pick Up.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 08:54 PM
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StealthDiesel
Hi Tate,

I'll be heading down this Wednesday or Thursday. My wheels only took 2 days to arrive from the distributor plus all the other stuff is there.

If you can get your stuff there in time, send me the paperwork & I will pick it up.

Hey Mike H, send me the info & I will pick up your stuff also. Understandably the Shipping Outlet will not release other peoples stuff without prior notification & on-hand paperwork.
Plus the Border folks need paperwork.
Don't worry about my stuff, have more coming. Thanks mon.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:54 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DWeiler
Did you use MR WHEELDEAL???????????????DW
I did order the wheels from Mr Wheeldeal. It was straight forward to place the order, I hope everything works out ok.

Just an FYI to anyone considering ordering from Mrwheeldeal in the US....

I did pick up my 4 KMC XD wheels (that I purchased from Mrwheeldeal) in Montana & there is an issue with all 4 wheels. (It's not shipping damage.)
It doesn't seem to be Mrwheeldeal's fault, as he dropped shipped them from the distributor, but he is absolutely responsible.

I did pay using Paypal so I'm protected but it is a total hassle & there is no way I'm driving to Montana again to fix his issue.
We are hashing it out, he's been responsive & co-operative so far but at this point I can't recommend Mrwheeldeal.

This could change if he handles this smoothly & correctly.

It's really too bad as this is the 1st issue I've ever had with going to Montana to pick up parts. It is part of the risk.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:25 PM

Just an FYI to anyone considering ordering from Mrwheeldeal in the US....

I did pick up my 4 KMC XD wheels (that I purchased from Mrwheeldeal) in Montana & there is an issue with all 4 wheels. (It's not shipping damage.)
It doesn't seem to be Mrwheeldeal's fault, as he dropped shipped them from the distributor, but he is absolutely responsible.

I did pay using Paypal so I'm protected but it is a total hassle & there is no way I'm driving to Montana again to fix his issue.
We are hashing it out, he's been responsive & co-operative so far but at this point I can't recommend Mrwheeldeal.

This could change if he handles this smoothly & correctly.

It's really too bad as this is the 1st issue I've ever had with going to Montana to pick up parts. It is part of the risk.
Hope your not holding "ANYTHING AGAINST ME JOE"as it was friend of a friend who had good things to say------this is why i tend to be a little reserved about offering anything up to others if i score a good deal cause it tends to bite me in the A$$ later on if things can/will,go wrong.DW.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:27 AM

Hope your not holding "ANYTHING AGAINST ME JOE"as it was friend of a friend who had good things to say------this is why i tend to be a little reserved about offering anything up to others if i score a good deal cause it tends to bite me in the A$$ later on if things can/will,go wrong.DW.

No, not at all in any way Dave...

I made my own decision to go with Mrwheeldeal. Did my own research, spoke to & emailed the guy & it all seemed fine.
As I mentioned it's not really Mrwheeldeal's fault & if he handles this properly it will be no reflection on that company.

His email tonite says that KMC is shipping 4 new replacement wheels to me in in Calgary so I think it's going to be ok.
Plus I ship back the 4 wheels I received to KMC & all the costs will be covered.
I am not in a hurry as I haven't finalized size nor test fit tires yet & I won't be running these in the winter at all.

We'll see how that goes. I will let you & everyone know how it works out.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:15 AM

No, not at all in any way Dave...

I made my own decision to go with Mrwheeldeal. Did my own research, spoke to & emailed the guy & it all seemed fine.
As I mentioned it's not really Mrwheeldeal's fault & if he handles this properly it will be no reflection on that company.

His email tonite says that KMC is shipping 4 new replacement wheels to me in in Calgary so I think it's going to be ok.
Plus I ship back the 4 wheels I received to KMC & all the costs will be covered.
I am not in a hurry as I haven't finalized size nor test fit tires yet & I won't be running these in the winter at all.

We'll see how that goes. I will let you & everyone know how it works out.
Glad they are taking care of you,heck of a hassle------hope i don't have any problems with mine as i have 4 Black Ultra Goliath Dually sitting in Sweet Grass come Wednesday----i bought mine from someone else as they were $200 cheaper than MR Wheeldeal---we will see.DW
Old 10-18-2011, 08:17 AM
The Guru

Joe, just throwing this out. I will be down there in a couple of weeks. Not sure if that works for ya in any way.

I must have half the montana filled with truck parts.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Joe, just throwing this out. I will be down there in a couple of weeks. Not sure if that works for ya in any way.

Thanks for the offer Mike!
Old 10-18-2011, 04:10 PM

Sure does does work out cheaper in the long run,just some drive time.Definitely heading down again for my Buckstop front pre runner/rear bumpers+Warn 16.5 winch when funds allow.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:34 PM

Sure does does work out cheaper in the long run,just some drive time.Definitely heading down again for my Buckstop front pre runner/rear bumpers+Warn 16.5 winch when funds allow.
Round trip from work(NE)to Sweetgrass,back to NW Calgary was 708KM+8hours total time and $50.00 bucks in fuel in the wifes car(40+MPG).Rims are perfect(no problems/marks).Rims $246.00 each with shipping included+$42.00 GST.(GST is only charged on the cost of the product,not the shipping)+$50.00 fuel+Montana Shipping Outlet handling charge of $15.00(PRETTY CHEAP) TOTAL=$1091.00. with a par dollar.Out of Vancouver the best quote was 1600.00 Can-all inclusive.$500.00 saving plus your time.--18 hour long day though with a full day at work plus this outing.Hope this helps if anyone is in the market for big ticket items cheaper in the US.DW
Old 10-26-2011, 08:30 PM

Sounds like a long day but worth it for the dollars saved!

So Mrwheeldeal & I did work out an amicable deal.
I never stated it earlier but the wheels I received had previously had tires mounted & balanced on them.
They were brand new but had stick on wheel weights on them plus a few knicks.

He offered to replace them but the process for shipping them back to the US & then shipping replacements had me worried.
The possibility of paying brokerage charges or GST on the replacement wheels worried me.

So we worked out a partial cash refund. A total hassle but I got a good deal on new wheels with a few nicks.

He was good to deal with & he could have left me high & dry, so I guess I'm reasonably happy.
It's my truck so not a big deal. If this was for my Mustang, previously mounted wheels at any price would not be an option.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:53 PM

Glad it worked out for you in the long run Joe,probable not any of Mr Wheeldeal's doing but who knows or he just not telling the whole story .Your problem was on my mind on the way down there as i was hoping everything would work out for me,little nervous but---this time it did.I got the 20 questions from the US boarder officer-----bit of an A$$ but the Canadian customs officer was great---even liked the wheels.Next-up a complete plug and play HID kit for the 2007,pretty reasonable so far---55W,6000K with digital ballasts/lifetime warranty,fully compatible with daytime running lights----under $225.00---we will see.Bro law just installed a similiar one on his 04 and heck of a difference when driving.DW
Old 10-27-2011, 09:16 AM
The Guru

Glad it worked out for you in the long run Joe,probable not any of Mr Wheeldeal's doing but who knows or he just not telling the whole story .Your problem was on my mind on the way down there as i was hoping everything would work out for me,little nervous but---this time it did.I got the 20 questions from the US boarder officer-----bit of an A$$ but the Canadian customs officer was great---even liked the wheels.Next-up a complete plug and play HID kit for the 2007,pretty reasonable so far---55W,6000K with digital ballasts/lifetime warranty,fully compatible with daytime running lights----under $225.00---we will see.Bro law just installed the same one on his 04 and heck of a difference when driving.DW
The border guys can be real pain in the backside at times. Just part of the deal. You can find lots of cool deals south of the border. Hoping to go down there next week. My truck is almost full.

Just stay on the honest side, you'll have no issues.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:05 PM

The border guys can be real pain in the backside at times. Just part of the deal. You can find lots of cool deals south of the border. Hoping to go down there next week. My truck is almost full.

Just stay on the honest side, you'll have no issues.
Good luck MIKE---watch the speed/keep it under 120 south out of Stirling---- 2 Sheriffs were waiting both ways on the long straight away nailing the heavy footers who want to open it up a bit.DW
Old 10-28-2011, 09:16 PM

Glad it worked out for you in the long run Joe,probable not any of Mr Wheeldeal's doing but who knows or he just not telling the whole story .Your problem was on my mind on the way down there as i was hoping everything would work out for me,little nervous but---this time it did.I got the 20 questions from the US boarder officer-----bit of an A$$ but the Canadian customs officer was great---even liked the wheels.Next-up a complete plug and play HID kit for the 2007,pretty reasonable so far---55W,6000K with digital ballasts/lifetime warranty,fully compatible with daytime running lights----under $225.00---we will see.Bro law just installed a similiar one on his 04 and heck of a difference when driving.DW
What company makes such a kit? I've heard so many horror stories about HIDs that I'm a little hesitant to pick up a set. It would be really nice to have them for my recon projector headlights
Old 10-29-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by NoSparkplugs
What company makes such a kit? I've heard so many horror stories about HIDs that I'm a little hesitant to pick up a set. It would be really nice to have them for my recon projector headlights
I have been wanting a set for over a year now but was like you until i read some comment/referrals from some other websites---brolaws problems with his HID's even discouraged me more.Probable check with Recon as i saw a warning that no HID's will work in there lights---i think there website,maybe.I am going to try some projector lights but not Recons---maybe "SPYDER" or something.I am dealing with Steve at [url]www.retro-solutions.com, no comment on the kit yet as i hope that there are no problems---(i will be the test mule first and have egg on my face if this kit is crap) It's a "TRUE" 55W-6000k digital ballast,not a 35W boosted to 55W---price is 189.00US plus 31.00 for shipping with USPS) as i just ordered it.We have had several e-mails back and forth----all questions answered ASAP(Please read though his website COMPLETELY as a lot of my questions were answered there).Guarantee's a plug and play kit that works around the 07 Dodge headlight /signal cancel programing and will not throw any "codes/lamp out" warnings.No splicing/cutting, all stock wire remain in place/together.Ballast and bulbs are lifetime warranty---but i ordered one extra of each just in case of failure out in the sticks/booneys.If something fails it will fail the farthest from home.Brolaw bought his from another place and is having problems----there techs a saying try this try that and it seems it a "generic kit",he has had to splice in resistors now.I am trying to get better lighting for my 07 as i tend to travel more and more at night up and down the QEII,few close calls with BAMBIE---BUCKSTOP bumper will solve that but better light is first.Hope this helps.DW

Quick Reply: Sweetgrass Montana Parts Pick Up.