ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Edmonton Blackout

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a feeling they will pull in the rain, but I am crossing my fingers that it is nice for Saturday.

I am leaving South Calgary at about 3pm, and will be going pretty much straight to Castrol.

Who is going to be there tonight for the pulls?
Old 08-15-2009, 09:43 PM

Well it sure was good seeing everyone again. Special thanks to all the guys that helped me out throughout the day... Tate, Steve, Shane, and the guys that went for the boots, and dvs8r for helping with the welding. I wish I could have gotten a good run in for you guys.

Mike too bad you couldnt have hung around longer,, I was really hoping to sit down and chat with you more...

Dave,, where the heck were you? I am very dissapointed you didnt make it

Thanks Jamie for the the filters...

I hope I didnt miss anyone!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What did your numbers come in at Kevin??Anyone get any video?I wish I could of made it out,but due to last minute external headaches,I had to cancel out.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:42 PM

We were hoping to make it out to cheer on the Alberta guys but we had a grizzly attack against the herd here on the farm Friday night.

We lost one miniature donkey in this attack who unfortunately had a 2 week old foal, the foal survived.

So it was me against Fish and Wildlife as to who got him first and beleive me, I was on the hunt!!! Fish cops managed to snare him, I could hear him but just couldn't get close enough to take him out.

Sorry I couldn't make it, I'm trying anything and everything to make any event but luck is just knocking me down every time!

Jeff
Old 08-16-2009, 09:57 AM

I snapped a few pics...its pretty tough to get good pics unless you are standing right on the track....click on FAST otherwise is scrolls too slow:

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...view=slideshow
Old 08-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Was a good show all in all. Was hopin for the black beast to get a good run, but alas it didn't happen. We had to bail out shortly after 7:00 as it was getting late. Quite the dog and pony shows out back, lots of snake oil sales..LOL..

Also a shout out to JD at Sienna Diesel Power out of Med. Hat. Nice enough to give me and the boys a tour of their streeeeetched 12V and threw in a couple shirts.

Would be interested to know if that 9.97 time of Drevers stuck or if it was discounted.. That would be a new record, no?
Old 08-16-2009, 11:57 AM

good to see people again, kevin i wish things could have worked better for ya. im sure you'll get it rockin.

on friday my brother and i were pulling in the work stock class, i think there was 11 trucks in our class and we got 2nd 3rd behind a megacab dually on 35's. im sorry to say my brothers dmax beat me but happy to say i took nadp's money
Old 08-16-2009, 01:12 PM

so what are the pulling classes? and what are the criteria? where would I find that info?
Old 08-16-2009, 01:17 PM

Oh Kev, sorry no luck this time 'eh? other than the boot blowing what happened? did it mechanically run ok though?
Old 08-16-2009, 02:29 PM

i think there using alberta tractor pulling association rules ATPA im sure google will have there site. i was told mike drever has paid for the sled and once its fixed they will be pulling every weekend on sunday

classes are stock, street work, street mod and unlimited.
i only got one pull but this year i put in traction bars (which i love on the street) and block my suspension you must show 1.5 inch of travel. i weigh in at about 7200 pounds so i can/will hang weight next time max weight is 8500 for street work.

after getting going i had to let out 3 times 3rd time back down under 2000 rpm to get the hop to stop so hopefully i can get better at my runs and setup.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:58 PM

Luke the truck worked awesome. I predict big things for it this weekend in GP,., as long as I can get a workable solotion for the IC tube
Old 08-16-2009, 06:38 PM

hey kevin might be to late to order and im not sure on psi ratings but tial has tubes and there 45's have 6" on each side so you could double clamp if needed.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:05 PM

what size and shape you need there?

the 149 detroits have 7 or 9 ply boots on them. I could maybe size one up for you. They are tough but they are NOT cheap. I think 1 straight 4" 7ply was $150 or something like that.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:17 PM
The Guru

Kev, Man, its was close to getting in a decent run. Kinda of a nail biter. I wanted to stay, but my wifey would have skinned me. I had my entire family show up for a suprise 40th b-day at the lake. Lots of fun, I should have remembered to bring my helmet so I can at least tried a run or two.

Dr Evil, nice pictures, you did a good job of grabbing the spirit of the show.

It was fun just hanging you guys again, I can't wait till the next show.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by morkable
Well it sure was good seeing everyone again. Special thanks to all the guys that helped me out throughout the day... Tate, Steve, Shane, and the guys that went for the boots, and dvs8r for helping with the welding. I wish I could have gotten a good run in for you guys.

Mike too bad you couldnt have hung around longer,, I was really hoping to sit down and chat with you more...

Dave,, where the heck were you? I am very dissapointed you didnt make it

Thanks Jamie for the the filters...

I hope I didnt miss anyone!
We do what we can for good people like you Kevin!!!
Kick some butt in GP buddy...........

Quick Reply: Edmonton Blackout