ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

best place to buy 4inch exhaust ..cheap...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best place to buy 4inch exhaust ..cheap...

4" inch exhaust for 95 dodge ....need a new one so might as well put a 4inch ... but were to get it from ..anyone no a cheap place to buy one i will put it on just need a turbo back system
Old 11-22-2008, 11:27 PM

from the DTR store right here online. I got a full 4" turbo back MBRP system from the store and it was in around $400~ish delivered to my door. literally bolt in. used the stock mounts and isolators. less than an hour in re&re in my driveway.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:02 AM

I got mine from hottexhaust, 360USD delivered to my door in Alberta Canada, no shipping or customs fees. I bought when the dollar was at par. Oh yeah it was a stainless Magnaflow (no tip) from turbo to tailpipe
Old 11-23-2008, 11:54 AM
The Guru

Thats a decent price, I remember paying 1200 for mine about 6-7 years ago and you have only one choice. A 4in from BD, the nice thing is its still work decently. Wink haven't you mod that sweet ride up yet? You're ride's pump is just begging to be adjusted buddy, sorry, I had to remind ya. Yesterday Fred and I put a pretty good beating on both of our trucks. He might have to buy some new hides, as he left of his tire rubber half way between my house and highway. Mine are still new, so I have a few more weeks to go.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:07 PM

Haha Rob if you go into mopac and talk to the guys for a while you might be able to swing the deal I got last year. 4" magnaflow turbo back stainless with tip for 437 tax in. He just swapped mufflers and tip into the cheap box out of the best box, so I got the top end kit for the price of the cheap one.
Haha I havnt gotten a chance to take a look at how the tires are doing, kinda scared.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:30 PM

If and when you do buy exhaust, please don't waste your hard earned money on crappy SS exhaust!!! I was 100% enraged at my MBRP 409SS on my old 01. I went with the MBRP aluminized on my 07 and it's perfect!! The 409SS pit rusts like there's no tomorrow! Mopac is giving their stuff away!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 01:47 PM

Only complaint I've got with my exhaust is how the tip isn't acid proof lol the strap I had holding 12 commercial deep cycle 6v's broke and they all dumped acid in the box of my truck which then dripped all over my tip. They should really do something about this lack of acid-proofness.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:31 PM
The Guru

Thats why they build recip saws for. Its always ok to on cheapo exhaust as you'll trash it somewhere or changed out. Sometimes its cool to put on new stuff. Mines so covered with oil, I don't think its too shinny. The exhaust tip is pretty coated with soot. We did burn some of carbon off yesterday. Its been awhile since my ride had a good beating put on it. I put a magnaflow on my 300, its sounds awesome. Fred, we have to finish-up you're downpipe, so we can actually hear what that monster sounds like.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
If and when you do buy exhaust, please don't waste your hard earned money on crappy SS exhaust!!! I was 100% enraged at my MBRP 409SS on my old 01. I went with the MBRP aluminized on my 07 and it's perfect!! The 409SS pit rusts like there's no tomorrow! Mopac is giving their stuff away!!!
Mine is the same way, lots of rust on the cheapo stainless. Supposedly the 304 will keep its shine, but that was about $900 for a single exit at the time. Get the aluminized stuff.

I'd talk to the boys in BC. I've had good dealings with Harry at Peak, and when we was at PDR.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:56 PM

oh for sure alumidized all the way. get a good tip if thats what you want. I still say DTR store. they had it shipped direct for the canadian factory to me no border crossing carpolla. I think they're evencheaper than $400 now.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:52 PM

I actually ordered a new downpipe with my airdog, it will be here soon. Then I just need to patch the hole after the downpipe. For some reason the point on the exhaust where the mount is to the tranny must be really weak or something, a peice the size of a looney ripped off with the hanger attached to it.
Tate my magnaflow is the 304 im pretty sure and its all dull and gross now. The retail on it was 895 plus tax so I would assume its 304 not the 409
Old 11-24-2008, 08:20 AM

Hey I have a sort of related question. When my turbo let go it punched holes all throughout my exhaust system, the first few feet isnt a problem as it is just flex pipe, but it also punched holes in the t-pipe in the box of my truck.. can a person weld that up? Is it even weldable stuff,,,(I dont know much about welding can you tell?)

Kevin
Old 11-24-2008, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by morkable
Hey I have a sort of related question. When my turbo let go it punched holes all throughout my exhaust system, the first few feet isnt a problem as it is just flex pipe, but it also punched holes in the t-pipe in the box of my truck.. can a person weld that up? Is it even weldable stuff,,,(I dont know much about welding can you tell?)

Kevin
With your money I thought you would just have bought a new truck just for parts....
Old 11-24-2008, 09:48 AM

I wish,, Im still saving to get some twins on that bad boy, I have lots of ambition, but not so much cash right now...

Kevin
Old 11-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with the cheaper stainless, it looks terrible but a chrome tip helps alot.

As far as welding, you can weld stainless, you just need to gear up for it. You can't weld stainless to regular carbon steel tubing.

I just looked at the DTR store. Its less than $300 US for the aluminized system!!!

Quick Reply: best place to buy 4inch exhaust ..cheap...