ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Anyone thinking of buying a Kawi Teryx in the next couple of months?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone thinking of buying a Kawi Teryx in the next couple of months?

The reason I ask this is, I have found smoking deals on them down in the states. I can get them shipped to a point somewheres close to the border, and then go and get them. I can get a 750LE for under 10 grand canadian, they are allmost 15 here. I am really thinking seriously about picking one up. One downfall is that there is no warranty, but I think that I could do alot of warranty work for 5 grand

Kevin
Old 07-29-2008, 08:30 PM

What's included?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:28 AM
DRD

My brothers been kicking tires pretty hard lately, I think he's ready to buy.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Festus
What's included?
The bike. No extras. Depending on the level of the bike you buy it comes with certain things. I am interested in the LE version, which comes with a roof, half windshield, instrument cluster, tilting box.

Kevin

The thing is, these are at minimum 5 grand less than here. The downfall is that a person would have to drive down to the states and pick them up from somewheres. But if a couple or 3 guys got together, you could split the fuel to get them, still be several thousand less than here.

It is going to be a month or 2 till I can afford to pick one up, due to you probably cant finance one
Old 07-30-2008, 01:26 PM

If 3 or more got together for sales, maybe your contact could toss in front/rear bumpers, front cargo rack, and a winch on at least one of them .

I'm kinda interested in the LE version as well. We'll talk more.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:05 PM
The Guru

I've heard that you have to have an American address or they can't sell them to you. I go to the states lots for work with my truck. I plan on waiting till winter time and take some cash. I'm sure that they will sell. Put on a few hours it and an alberta plate, you might even avoid the gst. The border boys are the only issue as its a vehicle. Lots of smoken deals on ebay out of the north states for toys right now.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:33 PM

The fellow told me that he would have it delivered to the border for me, but that I would have to go there to get it. GST and some duty I am sure. But still cant add up to over 5 grand I am sure,, in fact you pay gst on 15 grand here, and only on 10 grand from there

Kevin

ps Mike when you go, are you thinking about picking up one? If you do, would you be taking a trailer? If so that might work with my timeline of getting one,,,,
Old 07-30-2008, 05:44 PM

7% tax plus about 250 in paper work for the boarder. most places will sell to canadians.
www.riv.ca has most of the info
Old 07-30-2008, 06:09 PM

That is great info there Kenny, thanks. Looks like a person wants to start doing all the paperwork about a week before you want to go and get it too, or else be prepared to wait at the border for a bit

Kevin
Old 07-30-2008, 08:06 PM

Yep, no duty on any vehicles, boats, RV's, etc.,.......Free Trade Agreement.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:56 PM

only if they are made in the US or Canada I believe,,, which I dont think a Kawasaki is,, I could be wrong

Kevin
Old 07-30-2008, 09:12 PM

If anyone wants anything picked up, im going down to Iowa next month for my tranny, I'll have an empty box on the way back.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:16 PM

Thank you for the offer, but personally I doubt I will be ready to purchase by then! The downfall to save money is that you have to have it,, but hopefully by the month after I should be set I think

Kevin
Old 07-30-2008, 10:19 PM

yes i belivie your paper work has to be in 72 hours in advance. my brother has brought up a few trucks this year without issues, my sled was a no go after i had paid for it becuase of the aftermarket tunnel and no vin on the sled. so, well it came up here for a "photo shoot" in the middle of summer haha and never went back
Old 07-30-2008, 11:08 PM
The Guru

End of the month to North Dakota Fargo area. Let me know, I might need a trailer. You can buy that as well. We would have to square up the taxes and paper stuff, but I'm willing to help. If thats to quick I will be later on this fall. I could come back thru Montana Great Falls area. I will also be in Illinous area this winter as well, if that helps. I'm waiting till the right deal for mine.

Quick Reply: Anyone thinking of buying a Kawi Teryx in the next couple of months?