4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

limited colors and nav units

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry limited colors and nav units

Well I got the call today from my dealer. The color I ordered my new Laramie in is not available. Also, I am having to get the most expensive NAV unit as the others are no longer available. I really wanted the rugged brown two tone and now debating what to pick as second choice. I have to let him know in the morning. Thinking I will go with the white two tone. But not happy with having to change.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wait or tell 'em to pound sand. You'll have this truck a long time I bet and the rugged brown is amazing. Just my opinion.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:23 AM

Tough call. I would wait and get waht I want. I don't think it will be long before the colors come back. Someone will pick up the slack.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by M Penwald
Wait or tell 'em to pound sand. You'll have this truck a long time I bet and the rugged brown is amazing. Just my opinion.
Yes we planned on keeping it a very long time. I had ordered the Laramie, 4x2,crewcab, long bed in rugged brown two tone with light tan interior. I think that would have really been sharp. I added body side molding and running boards and mud flaps. Now it is all up in the air. Not sure what I will do. Still in discussion with my wife on which way to go. Hate to spend that much money and not get what I want lol.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:33 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
While the brown would not be my choice, that's why they make, or did make more than one choice of color. That said the ol saying "a bird in the hand.....". There is nothing to say that the brown you wanted will ever be introduced again and if you wait long enough they will probably have Urea on the truck you want by then. Perhaps it may be possible for the dealer to find the color truck you want but with slightly different options already built at another dealer perhaps in another state. My son took the truck off the lot, not his color and with a low end sound system and no nav, they told him it was the only one in Canada Yeh right I thought, until I wanted the same options he wanted. I had to go from a standard trans to an automatic and then rather than take a chance ordering the dealer found mine in another city, same province, my daughter just got her jeep a week after the dealer found one in another province. I didn't want to take the risk of urea being on the HO engine, and my daughter couldn't order her color and even then had to compromise on her first choice. Her first and second choices could not be ordered. As production lines shut/slow down from lack of parts stock will get tighter. That's my very recent experience.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
And sometimes a color is stopped because they have had issues with the paint in that color. Sometimes they simply built out their planned number in that color.
The Urea would not be the deal maker or breaker for me. My color preference would be. If your heart was set on that color and there are no second best options...I would pass on the deal unless they can find one.
Sometimes the answer is 'not right now.' I dislike that answer.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by zygote
Yes we planned on keeping it a very long time. I had ordered the Laramie, 4x2,crewcab, long bed in rugged brown two tone with light tan interior. I think that would have really been sharp. I added body side molding and running boards and mud flaps. Now it is all up in the air. Not sure what I will do. Still in discussion with my wife on which way to go. Hate to spend that much money and not get what I want lol.
Wait and get what you want. No since in paying that kind of money if it is not exactly what you had your mind set on.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:11 AM

I saw your post and am curious about when you ordered your truck.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by JWSKJ

In his first post he said "rugged brown two tone"
Old 04-13-2011, 06:55 AM

japan

My understanding for the restrictions is that it's related to the earthquake in japan. the pigments and parts come from factories that are shutdown after the quake.

jeff.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by jeff-kc9ftp
My understanding for the restrictions is that it's related to the earthquake in japan. the pigments and parts come from factories that are shutdown after the quake.

jeff.

Yup, But Like I said above it should not last, Someone will pick up the slack, There is money to be made there.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by JWSKJ
My order was placed on March 22. Dealer called and said he received an email that the color was no longer available. I did not want to wait to see if it would be available later so we decided to go with the two tone white. Hoping to get the truck my mid May.