4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Laramie Cup Holder Removal/ Exhaust Break

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laramie Cup Holder Removal/ Exhaust Break

The main reason for this post is to tell everyone how freaken exited I am with the way the exhaust break works. That is the slickest thing since sliced bread. I really liked my duramx with the electronic breaking but this makes it look pretty silly in my mind.

Does anyone have any idea how the center cupholder below the seat heater buttons comes out. Mine has an annoying rattle that I could probably fix if I could take the whole cup holder out.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
it lifts up. snaps in place with clips.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:54 AM

Mine rattles also, I was going to look at it this weekend
Old 04-13-2011, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes the exhaust brake on the 6.7 is impressive. Much more impressive than on the ferd or chebby.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:10 PM

Just a little update, I took the truck in for its first oil change, a recall and this rattle. I recieved a phone call from the dealer with some interesting news.

The cup holder in the center has a locked position that will eliminate this rattle. He said he would show me how to lock it when I pick up the truck.

He also stated that the clunking from the AC on the initial start of the day is normal operating condition. I guess I need to stop expecting perfection and just drive the dang thing till it stops or breaks like a normal person would. I think I baby my trucks and nit pick them to much.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:17 PM
JAM

[QUOTE=Jchavez;2954941]Just a little update, I took the truck in for its first oil change, a recall and this rattle. I recieved a phone call from the dealer with some interesting news.

The cup holder in the center has a locked position that will eliminate this rattle. He said he would show me how to lock it when I pick up the truck.

QUOTE]

Can you let us know, possibly with a couple pics after he shows you the lock?
Thanks
Old 04-14-2011, 08:23 AM

"Can you let us know, possibly with a couple pics after he shows you the lock?"

Definately will, I am supposed to go to do another test drive with the dealer today. Im not sure wher the tech got the clunk noise from. I think what I am hearing is more a blend door actuator (almost a strip gear sound). I will keep you posted on the cup holder.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
My 07 mega clunked when a/c started for over 100k miles. its normal.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
My 07 mega clunked when a/c started for over 100k miles. its normal.
It wasnt a clunk, its more of a clicking ratchety sound. Showed the tech this afternoon. He confirmed my thought that its the blend door actuator. He said the only problem is that because its not a drivabilty or safety issue that it needs to fail completely before they can replace it. Now it only makes the noise when it goes through its initial startup test run. He thinks its on the damper that controls outside verse inside air, so I'm not to worried about it.

The cup holder is actually kind of funny looking at it now. When you open them and they come down, you then push down and it locks open. Very quiet now.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:12 AM

Not meaning to make you feel worse, but AFTER you posted the solution, I went to the manual, the answer is in there, but not explained very clearly. Thanks for making me go look for it, I learned two other things I did not know.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Stargeezer
Not meaning to make you feel worse, but AFTER you posted the solution, I went to the manual, the answer is in there, but not explained very clearly. Thanks for making me go look for it, I learned two other things I did not know.
I did the same thing when I got home, found it right there in the mannual...i have found that I like doing things the hard way..