4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Lift Kit Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Sorry to hear that your going thru those issues Jamie. Tate put a carli kit (I can't remember exactly the kit #) into his truck and he's not that impressed either. I'm run the factory suspension and blistein 5160 up front and 5100 in the rear. Wow, I'm impressed on how much better the road handling that the bilstein are vs stock.

The stock factory shocks were wore out at 60000km's At least your not having 68rfe transmission issues yet.
The guys at Carli are sour that I have made a stink on the forums but if the kits are so amazing, they shoudn't have anything to worry about. I'm just at witts end. Try a different wheel/tire combo, lower your tire pressure, try a different steering stabilizer. Like I'm not made out of money here!!! I never ever had to lower my tire pressure or change my wheel/tire combo in my 07 and that rode like a Cadillac with the same 20" rims that are on my 2012. I should have left her stock.

As for the transmission, the 12 is still stock as could be for power adders.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:21 AM
The Guru

Jamie, what front springs you have installed? I would try some softer springs prior to removing the lift. 7100 shocks are decent quality level.

My 02 has a kore progressives springs installed and I ran toyo M-55 16/285/75 at 80 psi. The truck rode very hard and stiff. The same truck is running same springs and duratracks 17/285/75 at 65 psi. The ride quality is quite abit improved.

The 10 is running 18/295/65's at 45 psi in front and 50 psi in the rear, just to gain extra winter traction that wider tires require.

Hows the steering linkage hooked up? You have the under/reversed pitman arm or the stock pitman arm. Where is the steering dampner hooked up at?

I really should come and chat with you one day. Been tricky finding time these days buddy. Your 07 was one sweet truck. Reeally like those twins you had on the truck.

My 2010 is bone stock as well, the transmission throws codes at random (front/rear servo's codes). I had apart my spare 68rfe transmission the other day. Wow they messed up the design fairly badly. The input shaft is about 2/3's size of a 48re, the 5th gear is super weak and same goes the 6th gear. Almost looks stuff from a 1/2ton gaser.

Other than that the few transmission random codes its been an awesome truck.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
The guys at Carli are sour that I have made a stink on the forums but if the kits are so amazing, they shoudn't have anything to worry about. I'm just at witts end. Try a different wheel/tire combo, lower your tire pressure, try a different steering stabilizer. Like I'm not made out of money here!!! I never ever had to lower my tire pressure or change my wheel/tire combo in my 07 and that rode like a Cadillac with the same 20" rims that are on my 2012. I should have left her stock.

As for the transmission, the 12 is still stock as could be for power adders.
As an update, based on your posts on "that other site" the guys at Carli, and one of their distributors in your area, are working with you to resolve this?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by pronstar
As an update, based on your posts on "that other site" the guys at Carli, and one of their distributors in your area, are working with you to resolve this?
U bet. The boys are taking care of me. I really want that ride quality I paid good $$ for. I know it is there somewhere....
Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by screamindrag
. Now if I can get the **** low tire pressure warning to go away I will be in good shape.
What kind of pressures are you running? I can keep the light out with 60 front and 45-ish rear on the light load setting. when I go back and forth to light or normal I have to set the pressures at the recommended pressures (label inside the driver's door hole) before I hit the button. After the light clears I can adjust up or down at least 5psi without triggering the light.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 AM
The Guru

Just read the other forum thread. Wow, Carli response suprised me on how bad their customer support, if it wasn't for HRT I don't know were you be at Jamie. Sorry to hear of your issues, but your not alone with the lift issues. I know of a few trucks that have a similar lift, having the same issues.

I'm really really glad now I left me suspension stock and run the blistein 5160's. Originally I hated the stock dodge 3500 ride quality, as it seemed way out of control in the rough stuff. The blisteins really improved the overall ride quality and the stock front springs are soft enough for a soft ride. Now it soaks up the bumps and rides smoothly in the rough stuff.

To me it sounds like carli are using to stiff of spring/leaf packs for the dodge. Good luck buddy.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:22 AM

Thanks Mike. Sure would be nice to catch up ol' buddy!! Carli and Kevin @HRT are fixing me up. Coils are wayyyy to tall. That's what's wrong.