4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Lift Kit Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift Kit Suggestions?

Hey guys, I'm not sure if I am posting in the correct category but here goes. I would like a 4" suspension lift for my 2010 Ram 2wd 6.7 cummins TRX (SLT). Can anybody recommend anything that has worked well? Where to buy? Thanks!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:02 PM

I went with a RevTek lift.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 PM
WLD

Just had a Carli 3" system put on my pickup. Love it! Bought it from Offroad Power Products, great service. Hazzard Fabworx in the same building did the install, awesome work.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I most certainly would not recommend skyjunker. ... I mean skyjacker.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:59 PM

Those kits will fit a 2wd they all list 4wd...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-09-2012, 06:26 PM

I have the 3" Carli Back Country and can't stand it!! Unless you want to drive your truck over rough terrain 24/7 or baja the heck out of your truck, it is the lift for you. If you travel pavement 80% of the time, the Carli lift is not for you. Very rough lift in my opinion. "The experts" say you should run a 37" tire on a 17" rim. I don't want a lift where I have to run a certain size of tire so my Carli is coming out and I will be putting in a smoother riding lift!! Overpriced garbage IMO..........
Old 12-09-2012, 08:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 6" Carli long arm with bags and love it. It took a lil tinkering to get it right. For a 6" inch lift it rides like a Cadillac. On and off the pavement. Not rough at all. I did alot of research and if you got the money, IMO this is the way to go. No regrets.

See pics:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...88#post3104988

Sorry didn't see that you were 2WD...that changes things. Why lift a 2WD? Why not put that money from the lift into buying a 4WD?

Last edited by shlen; 12-09-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: cuz
Old 12-09-2012, 08:57 PM

My truck rides great, and everyone who's ridden in my truck agrees.

Not sure if any aftermarket setup will make a truck running 20's with 35's ride good. Post up if you find one.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:38 PM

I laugh everytime I hear someone say "it's your 20" rims". I have rode in many 2012 3500's with Fabtech, BDS, revtek leveling kits and 20" rims, they all ride like factory or better, except mine. The cold weather makes it even worse!! Changed to 35" x 17" Nittro AT's and the ride didn't get any better I cannot get anymore side wall under there to take up the horrible ride. My 07 had a 6" BDS longarm and rode 10 times better with 20" x 37" tires!! Not impressed at all with Carli. Every frost heave feels like hell!! Makes my 2012 feel like a 95 1 Ton.............
Old 12-10-2012, 03:04 AM

Sounds like something is wrong with your setup.
I wouldn't be happy to have put all that money just to have something "ride like factory"

You should be noticeably better than factory.
I've ridden in many Fabtec setups and none have come close to my truck. I was happy with Carlis 7100's/5160's, first with 33's on OEM wheels, then my current 35's...and I'm even more happy with my new "commuter kings".

Did you let them know that you a cold weather setup?
They have a different shock oil for colder climates.

Sounds like something is up...there's no way a BDS long arm setup rides even close to a Carli setup. A rough, kidney-jarring ride doesn't make any sense. I hope you either get it sorted out, or find something to your liking. I'm curious to hear what you end up with.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pronstar
Sounds like something is wrong with your setup.
I wouldn't be happy to have put all that money just to have something "ride like factory"

You should be noticeably better than factory.
I've ridden in many Fabtec setups and none have come close to my truck. I was happy with Carlis 7100's/5160's, first with 33's on OEM wheels, then my current 35's...and I'm even more happy with my new "commuter kings".

Did you let them know that you a cold weather setup?
They have a different shock oil for colder climates.

Sounds like something is up...there's no way a BDS long arm setup rides even close to a Carli setup. A rough, kidney-jarring ride doesn't make any sense. I hope you either get it sorted out, or find something to your liking. I'm curious to hear what you end up with.
I agree, you should not be riding the way you describe dodgediesel. It might just take a lil research to figure it out, then go spend alot more more money on another system.

On the Carli sight its says with the Back country: "the bearings in the 7100s tend to require replacement every other season of use in extremely cold climates (only seen this issue in Canada so far). The bushings in the 5160s handle the colder climates much better, there are also other cold weather options"

Also Dodgediesel you say "I have the 3" Carli Back Country and can't stand it!! Unless you want to drive your truck over rough terrain 24/7 or baja the heck out of your truck,"
.... if the truck is rough on road...it is going to be rough as heck off road.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:48 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I decided to go with a 3" leveling kit on the front and I am more than happy. The extra 3" allowed me just enough room to go with 315/70 AT tires on my stock 17" wheels. My truck now sits like it should!! The rear of the truck still sits almost an inch higher than the front. Now if I can get the **** low tire pressure warning to go away I will be in good shape.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:51 PM

here she is
Attached Thumbnails Lift Kit Suggestions?-download.jpg  
Old 12-11-2012, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by shlen
I agree, you should not be riding the way you describe dodgediesel. It might just take a lil research to figure it out, then go spend alot more more money on another system.

On the Carli sight its says with the Back country: "the bearings in the 7100s tend to require replacement every other season of use in extremely cold climates (only seen this issue in Canada so far). The bushings in the 5160s handle the colder climates much better, there are also other cold weather options"

Also Dodgediesel you say "I have the 3" Carli Back Country and can't stand it!! Unless you want to drive your truck over rough terrain 24/7 or baja the heck out of your truck,"
.... if the truck is rough on road...it is going to be rough as heck off road.
The only positives so far is that I cannot bottom it out, that's it. Also have bumpsteer. It was rough in July and has gotten worse as the temperature has become colder. I feel every little bump in the road. Some of the frost heaves hit so hard that the dash rattles and cracks. Ponoka Dodge has been putting many of these kits in so I'm guessing it was installed properly. I'm wondering if I got a bad set of 4 shocks?? I already spent big $$$ on the lift, I hate to spend anymore on figuring out why the truck is so rough now. I test drove the truck off the lot and it was smooth as glass and then put the lift in and bought the truck. Has never been the same since. Carli isn't much help either. They just blame the ride on the rims and tires so I put more rubber by going to 17's and no better. No other lifts out there suggest you "should" run 17" rims to get the best ride. And whats with the bumpsteer????
Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 PM
The Guru

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
I laugh everytime I hear someone say "it's your 20" rims". I have rode in many 2012 3500's with Fabtech, BDS, revtek leveling kits and 20" rims, they all ride like factory or better, except mine. The cold weather makes it even worse!! Changed to 35" x 17" Nittro AT's and the ride didn't get any better I cannot get anymore side wall under there to take up the horrible ride. My 07 had a 6" BDS longarm and rode 10 times better with 20" x 37" tires!! Not impressed at all with Carli. Every frost heave feels like hell!! Makes my 2012 feel like a 95 1 Ton.............
Sorry to hear that your going thru those issues Jamie. Tate put a carli kit (I can't remember exactly the kit #) into his truck and he's not that impressed either. I'm run the factory suspension and blistein 5160 up front and 5100 in the rear. Wow, I'm impressed on how much better the road handling that the bilstein are vs stock.

The stock factory shocks were wore out at 60000km's At least your not having 68rfe transmission issues yet.

Quick Reply: Lift Kit Suggestions?