4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

H&S Mini Max

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 01:24 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
H&S Mini Max

Has anyone had their mini max or other programmer jump power settings all by itself? The buttons to change power setting do nothing when this happens and the head has to be unplugged to go back to mild. H&S is closed today.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:24 AM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry brother, I have never heard of this happening.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:42 AM

Thanks for the reply, to be safe we have just removed the head for now until I can speak with H&S on Monday.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please keep us posted of what HS says. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i haven't used the H&S, but MANY of my previous issues have been bad or near bad grounds.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:38 PM

I spoke with H&S (their support is terrific) They need access to the truck to troubleshoot. I must clarify the truck only jumps UP in power, it's NOT defueling. Because of time constraints we didn't get the egt probe installed so it is an issue if the truck gets stuck in deep snow we can't protect the engine using EGT. H&S did suggest using boost pressure to defuel to lower power settings and we will do that until we can get to troubleshooting it. With the mini max there is no "after market" ground needed you only supply +12V it gets everything else it needs from the OBD2 port except EGT.
I will update what is found but it could be awhile. Going by how much better this truck is running and fuel economy I can't wait to get the other truck deleted.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Busboy
I spoke with H&S (their support is terrific) They need access to the truck to troubleshoot. I must clarify the truck only jumps UP in power, it's NOT defueling. Because of time constraints we didn't get the egt probe installed so it is an issue if the truck gets stuck in deep snow we can't protect the engine using EGT. H&S did suggest using boost pressure to defuel to lower power settings and we will do that until we can get to troubleshooting it. With the mini max there is no "after market" ground needed you only supply +12V it gets everything else it needs from the OBD2 port except EGT.
I will update what is found but it could be awhile. Going by how much better this truck is running and fuel economy I can't wait to get the other truck deleted.
Hang in there and keep us posted. I was also surprised that the only ground was from the OBD-2. I have only had mine installed for a few days now but I'm loving my truck more every day as I try different settings and find new functions. The fuel economy has improved too.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:23 PM

Just to update.. we have discovered that the mini max sometimes jumps up in power settings when the VHF COM radio is used to transmit. It doesn't do it all the time but that is what is causing it to jump up settings. I spoke with H&S tech and they spoke with their engineers. They feel it's not a power fluctuation but RF interference and there is nothing they can do. We plan to move either the Mini Max head or the VHF COM itself as the two are about 8 inches apart.