4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Exciting Mods Coming This Week!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exciting Mods Coming This Week!!

Coming via FedEx today and being installed tomorrow or Friday...

- H&S XRT Pro
- H&S EGR/Cooler Delete Kit
- Flo Pro 4" Downpipe & DPF Delete Pipe

Being installed at Discount Tire tomorrow...

-Nitto Trail Grappler MT 35x12.5x17

I'm pretty excited about getting all this stuff going on! I'll post pics after the tires are installed.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work in Round Rock and hope to see your truck around town! Let me know how you like all the upgrades thinking of doing the same thing soon!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:29 PM

Ditto
Old 11-09-2012, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by abramsg
I work in Round Rock and hope to see your truck around town! Let me know how you like all the upgrades thinking of doing the same thing soon!
Look for me. It's two tone black on top and silver on bottom with 35 inch mud tires and a pretty wicked sounding exhaust. No leveling kit yet, but I think that will be coming soon because it would greatly enhance the look of the truck.

I live in Teravista so I'm mostly on the north side of Round Rock or in Georgetown.

First impressions of upgrades:

H&S - Impressive on Mild setting. I haven't tried Wild or Hot. I'm a little afraid of what they'd do to my tranny.

Flo Pro Downpipe and DPF Delete - Sounds mean with the stock muffler but not obnoxious. And if you like that diesel exhaust smell then you'll welcome it back after getting rid of all that factory exhaust junk that was keeping it in. Has a mild drone around 2000 RPM's but not bad.

Nitto 35's - A little squirrely in the back end if you swerve fast at high speeds and definitely louder than the stock tires. And they rub on sharp turns. I like the looks though. I'll probably end up installing a leveling kit to enhance the aesthetics and help with the rub.

I haven't done the EGR/Cooler delete yet. I bought the kit but I think I may wait until my warranty is over before removing that stuff just in case I need to take it in for something.

Pics to come as soon as I figure out how to successfully upload them.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hoss
H&S - Impressive on Mild setting. I haven't tried Wild or Hot. I'm a little afraid of what they'd do to my tranny.
A death that would have made the Spanish Inquisitors queasy . . .

That said, it is totally worth it at least once. A hard roll on instead of matting it to avoid some of the torque on the bottom will take your breath away if you aren't used to it. The first time we turned up the tuner to kill on the 08, I was totally shocked that something so big and heavy could pick up speed so fast.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
The Guru

Hoss, you put in a lift or going with the stock suspension height. If you don't mind, post pics of before and after the new wheels. Congrats buddy.

I run 18R 295/60's goodyear duratrac on stock lift.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:36 PM

For now it's stock suspension, but I'm eventually (soon, I hope) going to get a leveling kit. I think it would look better and rub less.

I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how. For some reason I'm unable to upload pics to DTR. They say they upload but then I can never find them.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:12 PM

I decided to go ahead and get the Overdrive program from H&S. Assuming they email the unlock code to me tomorrow I'll get it loaded up and see if I can tell a difference. My main goal in buying it is to help preserve my transmission, so I hope it accomplishes that. My last Dodge I had a manual 6 speed so I wasn't to concerned with it, but something about an auto tranny and a tuned up Cummins concerns me.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:52 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The H&S software will do just what you want. (Preserve your transmission) The factory line pressure pump will not go over 180-185PSI but the H&S software will bump up the pressure in certain gears. It should also allow for lockup in other than stock methods. Either way, if you get an aftermarket transmission you will need the H&S unlock code. There is always an upgraded trans waiting for all Cummins owners. I have studied the 68RFE and I am simply overwhelmed with info. The best bang for your buck is a tq converter. That plus the software will give you plenty of life especially if you stay with the stock VGT.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Hoss done got off to a good start!

Glad to hear you got it all done up and you are enjoying it.

If you are impressed with the H&S just on mild with deletes, you should take a ride in my truck. Even for a slow old stick shift, it will surprise ya...
Old 11-18-2012, 08:45 PM

Hoss, can you load the pics to a pic sharing site and post a link? I'm thinking of putting 35"s on my 2500 Ram and would love to see pics of a truck without the leveling kit.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 PM

Here are a few pics prior the leveling kit being installed...

Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 PM
The Guru

Nice rig Hoss. Its the same color as my 2010 black/gold. I run an iron cross bumper. I'm saving up for a 15k winch for both my trucks. I wish I purchased some studded winter tires, we just got 4-6in of snow, on top a good 1/2in of ice here.

I like the stock rim look. I'm going to find another set of laramie rims and mounts a similar tire as yours. I moved my 2010 laramie rims onto my 02 truck. I going to install front/rear lockers in my 02 truck.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:43 AM

Thanks!

I really like the stock rims. I see a lot of people buying new rims, which is fine, but I was perfectly happy with the stock ones.

I keep going back and forth on whether I want to replace the bumpers or not. Honestly, I like the chrome. Having a heavy duty bumper and winch would be nice though. Maybe someday.