3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Would these wheels look good on my Dually? Photo's inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would these wheels look good on my Dually? Photo's inside

I am wanting to put some new wheels and tires on my truck. I don't want to spend to much since I am putting a new turbo and PMT on my truck. I originally was going to go with the Eagle Alloys but hear they are a paint to keep shined up since they are polished aluminum. I want to stay under $250 per wheel. I have really been liking the black wheels lately so am considering these Rockstar Dually wheels with a Matte Black finish. Anyone running these and how would they look on my Blue 03 Dually? Any suggestions or comments please tell me.

Here is a Photo of my Truck:

Here is a photo of the wheels I am considering:

Another thing is I want to stay with the stock 17" wheel since I tow a 40ft Toyhauler that has a gooseneck and going taller would make my trailer ride uneven.

These are the Eagle alloys I was considering:
Old 08-09-2007, 08:02 PM

I like the Eagles, but thats just my opinion. I'm not much into the faceted, flashy, riveted, grab your attention bling bling too hard to keep clean type of wheels. Those Eagles you have pictured will give the truck a more classic truck look, again just my opinion.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:04 PM

Me myself I like the one's on there (top Pict) but if i was going to change over I'm an old trucker so crome is my thing I would go with the Eagle alloys or sim to them.

I could see the black rims if your truck was Yellow or black but blue and crome look real nice together.

Pav
Old 08-10-2007, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Pav1973
Me myself I like the one's on there (top Pict) but if i was going to change over I'm an old trucker so crome is my thing I would go with the Eagle alloys or sim to them.

I could see the black rims if your truck was Yellow or black but blue and crome look real nice together.

Pav
I agree with you and I would rather have chrome wheels also. Only problem I am having is finding some chrome wheels that are affordable. I don't want to have to polish my wheels evertime I wash the truck. I don't have enough down time to do that at the Fire Station...
Old 08-10-2007, 12:14 PM

I like both. Those black ones do look very nice for the price. Even the chrome ones look nice and easy to clean, no rivets or stuff like that which seem to BITE my fingers all the time.

Can't go wrong with chrome.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the color of your truck, I would like the chrome/polished aluminum look better.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by lacofdfireman
I agree with you and I would rather have chrome wheels also. Only problem I am having is finding some chrome wheels that are affordable. I don't want to have to polish my wheels evertime I wash the truck. I don't have enough down time to do that at the Fire Station...
Hmmm, when I used to have a Large Car I used crome polish on everything,it would last a few washes,I would just use windex after the water dryed to remove any spotting,take about 5 min on small rims I would guess.

The flip side of that is I made my own polish though,give me a few days and I can let you know if TurtleWax crome polish does the same thing.

Pav
Old 08-13-2007, 07:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Alcoa style rims.

MikeyB
Old 08-13-2007, 10:35 AM

im liking the eagles... everyone seems to be getting rockstars. plus its a truck, keep the chrome look.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:58 AM

Rockstars

I like the looks of the rockstars too but when I checked on them they said they were not available in 17". I was told they start at 18" and up.

David
Old 08-13-2007, 10:58 AM

Rockstars.

I love the classic truck look, but in my opinion a 3rd gen Ram is a modern truck deserving of a modern wheel.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:07 PM

I like the eagles way better.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:12 PM

I just got the Eagle 058 a couple of weeks ago. Have been happy with them. It is nice that you can rotate them if you don'e have raised whit letters.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by johnktm
I just got the Eagle 058 a couple of weeks ago. Have been happy with them. It is nice that you can rotate them if you don'e have raised whit letters.
That looks nice!

Are those 17" rims?

Tony
Old 08-13-2007, 05:38 PM

I've got the eagles as well on my truck. They are 17in high polished aluminum. I have upload some pics in my gallery.

Quick Reply: Would these wheels look good on my Dually? Photo's inside