3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Wish I could get a NEW Red or Blue DRW

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe you should wait till the 2010 Ram HDs come out?

Drove an 09 1/2 ton and was impressed. Fit and finish and quality seems to be way up.

I personally don't care for the rounded look of the GMs at all. The GMC looks much better then the Chevy though.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 PM

I have considered waiting on the 2010's but it will be a good 2-3 years before I would get one of those so I don't have a problem "renting" one now. I really don't want a first year model...or at least until all the issues have been sorted out on a new line. Plus, I only buy stuff when I get a deal....I'm guessing they won't be cutting deals on a new design anytime soon. Plus, while I love the look of the new 1500's I'm still not sure about that look on the HD's. Maybe it will grow on me but they look a little funky with the bigger grill.

As far as GM goes...I only like the GMC in the HD version myself. But with the GM trucks you really need to lift it to run 22.5" wheels. Not something I really want to get into.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
Also, do they still make the Repostil(sp?) MegaCab DRW? It has the cowboy hat emblem behind the rear door and two tone paint, like 2 off puter colors.

That is a pretty sweet truck too.
You mean the RESISTOL edition? The one that comes with a 20x Resistol hat along with the purchase? And you call yourself a Texan...lol
Old 03-25-2009, 09:04 AM

The resistols are NICE! Awesome lookin trucks. I saw one the other day that had bumpers that matched the bottom color, had the fenders linexd to match, and was on black rockstars with 35" nittos and it looked awesome! I raced him and he lost though...poor ol 6.7. Haha, jk. I'm anxious to see the smarty on a 6.7. All us with 5.9s might have to watch our backs. Those 6.7s are QUICK stock. I'd love to see what they'll do with a smarty,some sticks,a turbo, and all the emissions stuff gone
Old 03-25-2009, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by BroncoHound
You mean the RESISTOL edition? The one that comes with a 20x Resistol hat along with the purchase? And you call yourself a Texan...lol
I'm more like a Hank Hill version of Texan . Work boots and white t-shirt.... I can sand paint with my bare hands and my nose has been broken more times than i can count. My wife's hair is blonde like a stripper and a chest to match. The last time I wore a hat was at a rodeo that near broke my back.

They actually just call me redneck but I prefer being called oil field trash.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
I'm more like a Hank Hill version of Texan . Work boots and white t-shirt.... I can sand paint with my bare hands and my nose has been broken more times than i can count. My wife's hair is blonde like a stripper and a chest to match. The last time I wore a hat was at a rodeo that near broke my back.

They actually just call me redneck but I prefer being called oil field trash.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:02 AM

They don't do flame red on duallies anymore???? ***? My 03 dually was red (and a Sport to boot, so no chrome) and was GORGEOUS. I've missed that color a lot. My 05 is boring white with chrome. I'd be a little happier if it was a Sport.

One color I've started liking lately is the khaki metallic. A friend has one (SRW) and calls it Old Fart Tan, but it's really better than that.

My 01 was silver... was okay, but back then, I had wanted white so was never totally happy. Now I have white and am still not happy.

The color I really miss from 03-04 is Timberline Green. That was really pretty.

Rob
Old 03-27-2009, 02:05 PM

Yup...no more Flame Red. That is the color I originally wanted so I was thinking with the pricing/financing I'd go pick one up. But when it wasn't available I started looking at the Electric Blue but of coarse it isn't available either. What is funny is that on the Dodge site it will let you preview what it looks like but you can't buy it. Such a tease.....
Old 03-27-2009, 08:49 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by IsItFast
But when it wasn't available I started looking at the Electric Blue but of coarse it isn't available either.
I wanted an Electric Blue Mega 3500 DRW but had to click off the ol' AR9 (Single Rear Wheel Group) option to keep the Electric Blue color choice when I ordered the Blue Bus. I tow occasionally, so the 3500 SRW was an upgrade from my previous 2500.

Greg
Old 03-28-2009, 04:09 PM

Yeah, I even considered going to SRW MegaCab just to get the Electric Blue. But I was looking around and that combo is about impossible to find on the lot. Not to mention I know I can't leave anything stock so I'm a little worried about towing with a lifted SRW after coming from a DRW with (near) stock suspension.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:40 PM

Well I ended up doing it. Went with a '09 DRW Silver Laramie 4x4. What I gained:
  • Leather
  • Heated Seats
  • 6-Speed Auto Transmission (versus my 4-speed)
  • Factory Remote Start
  • Factory Exhaust Brake
  • Power Rear Slider
  • And a bunch of other little bells and whistles
  • For about $10 extra a month over my current bill

So to me it was worth it on the options list alone. Not to mention I got a truck that always looks clean. And 5 years of warranty.

Truck gets leveled on Saturday and aligned (for free) on Tuesday. So I'll probably have the old wheels on by Tuesday night. Feels weird driving a stock truck around. Loving and hating the whole customizing process right now.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:20 PM

Congrats! Now, how about some pictures???

Rob
Old 04-03-2009, 11:24 PM

What's not to love about Inferno Red?
Old 04-03-2009, 11:56 PM

What's not to love about Inferno Red?
I actually do really like the Inferno but wanted the Flame Red. The Inferno being darker is probably not real easy to keep clean. I'm sure it's way easier than black but I was just wanting to get a lighter color this time around. It rained right after I bought the truck so it's filthy right now (with water spots) but you can't tell unless you are right up on it.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:11 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I believe the Blue and Flame Red had matching issues when it came to the Plastic/Fiberglass/Whatever Dually Fenders.

My Mustang (Sold) had 3 different Reds after a few years of sun.

Our Front Load Kitchen Aid Washers are the same way, in the sun it's 2 different Reds between the Metal and Plastic, but in the home you can't tell.