3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Wish I could get a NEW Red or Blue DRW

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wish I could get a NEW Red or Blue DRW

I have gotten the bug to trade into a new Dodge for 3 reasons:
  1. Good deals on price and financing
  2. I don't like my 4spd Auto (when towing)
  3. I don't like having a black truck that sits outside

But the color choices for the dually just are holding me back. I only bought mine in black because I bought at year in clearance in 05 and the bright red one sold a few hours before I got there. So I settled. I love black when it is clean but I don't want another one. And while my truck has been great, I would really like to upgrade to 6 speed auto.

But I am not happy with the limited color choice when going with the DRW option. They no longer offer the Flame Red DRW option nor can I get the Electric Blue. The Inferno Red and Patriot Blue are just too dark for my tastes. My neighbor to the right has a white 1500 and my neighbor to the left has a white 2500 so I refuse to buy a white 3500. That really doesn't leave me with much else (I like). So it looks like I'm just gonna stick it out with old reliable. I have 22.5 inch wheel kit I would love to swap over to a new one if Dodge wouldn't limit me on my color choice
Old 03-15-2009, 10:52 AM

Get a white one and put some graphics on it or paint the bottom a different color. It's like a blank slate, you can two-tone it, put stripes on it, etc.

More than one way to skin a cat.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Or a silver one. Then have the rockers and bumpers LineX'd black and, with the 22.5's, you would have one spectacular rig! Plus the silver won't show dirt hardly at all, something you would probably appreciate after coming from a black truck.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:45 PM

^^^^^^^ What he said. Have had 5 silver cars and my truck is silver, they look good, and HARDLY SHOW dirt. When BMW and Mercedes line all of
their models up in a commercial or in magazine, what color? -- always silver.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the look of a silver truck. All my pasts have been silver. I settled on this white one. Wish it was silver.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:30 PM

Blue not a big fan of red.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:18 PM

I went from a black 05 to a silver 07 and I love it. I didn't know about the silver at first because they're so common, but now I see why. Never looks dirty, but looks awesome when its clean, and hardly shows scratches at all. I love mine. Here's my old one:

And my new one:

I miss the black sometimes just cause its so sharp looking when its clean, but I don't think you could pick a better color than silver as far as keeping it clean and looking good
Old 03-17-2009, 12:12 AM

^^^^^^^ - - - Sweet looking truck.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:00 AM

Thank you. I loved that black truck, but I think I like my new one more
Old 03-24-2009, 07:31 PM

I have really considered the silver because I think the Dodge silver (as a paint) looks great. Not to mention it hides dirt which is one of the main reasons I dislike black. I'm actually partial to white but with my neighbors both having white ones I just can't go that route. But it would match when towing my trailer or boat.....

I may go into the dealer and let them really work on selling me a truck. I always get crazy deals when I'm not "needing" to buy.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:13 PM

I personally like any color but tan or brown. Although I'm sure tan really hides dirt and dust.

I personally have the flame red and like it. Bright red isn't bad to take care of at all. Doesn't show scratches or dust nearly as bad as darker colors.

I had Garnett red and it was PIA.

Black is just a PIA! I would only have black on a car that sits in the garage most of the time and doesn't get driven in the winter.

I really like navy blue but its the same story.

White is by far the easiest to take care of. Doesn't show scratches or dust. Plus stays cool. Ideally, I would like to have white.

Silver is next up in my book.

I like the mineral gray too. Looks nice. Probably similar to the bright red as far as taking care of it. Doesn't show as bad as black but not as good as white.

My buddy has the Inferno red and its pretty. Definitely darker and harder to take care of compared to my Flame Red though.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:42 PM

I was going to suggest white... Or buy a GM duramax, which is what I'd consider. Those GMC's look sweet on 22.50s with a replacement front bumper.

http://www.fabfours.com/Portals/8ac7...s/GMCfront.jpg
Old 03-24-2009, 08:52 PM

Well if I could get a deal on a GMC similar to the Dodge prices I would consider it. But I have been really fond of my Dodge/Cummins. What are the GMC's going for these days?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:05 PM

No clue but I'm sure they aren't trying to hold onto them. I'm not looking at dodge till 2010 and if I had to replace mine I'd get a GM right now.

I am sure there are some forums for them. Edmunds.com can get you the invoice price but not the deep discounts.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:10 PM

Also, do they still make the Repostil(sp?) MegaCab DRW? It has the cowboy hat emblem behind the rear door and two tone paint, like 2 off puter colors.

That is a pretty sweet truck too.

Quick Reply: Wish I could get a NEW Red or Blue DRW