3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Windows Tinted & Truck Line-X'd...........

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:01 PM
D45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windows Tinted & Truck Line-X'd...........

I took the truck to local shop this week to get the front driver side and front passenger side windows tinted.

FYI: The factory tint on the rear windows is 17%

I ended up getting a 20% job on the front windows and also I had a windshield strip installed.

It was right around $70.00 installed for everything

Looks alot better............

Old 05-28-2008, 05:06 PM
D45

Now onto the bed......and the Line-X

I removed the cap and the diamond plate cap on the tailgate.........yes, the bed is pretty beat up and I can't wait to get it sprayed

I am leaving here at 6:30 AM tomorrow and driving to a Line-X dealer about 1.5 hours away. Line-X is alot more expensive that others, but it is well worth it. The bed lines and overall finish is so much better than Rhino Linings.

I will take pics tomorrow of the final Line-X look......but for now some embarassing pics of the bed:

Old 05-28-2008, 05:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why embarassing pcs of the bed?? it is a truck glad to see it being used. I talked to a guy yesterday who had a 05 1 ton dodge and there was not on single scratch or dent in the bed.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:57 PM

I like it. How wide is that winsheild stripe at the edges? It seems to have a curve, like a frown, from edge to edge. Or is that just a camera trick? I have been thinking of a strip across the bottom as well.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:13 PM

Be sure to have the Line-X guys do the rail caps too. It comes out looking sweet. My Line-X guys ground out all the rusted scratches before spraying. They have to take the clearcoat off anyhow for proper adhesion, so your scratches just help them out!

Don't be embarrassed. It's a truck and that's what it's meant to look like. Should look sharp with the tinted windows.

I love my Line-X. The stuff is bombproof. Some say it's got too much friction but I like that I can throw stuff back there and nothing slides around.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by D45
The bed lines and overall finish is so much better than Rhino Linings.

Can't say i fully agree. I've had both and I am pleased with my latest Rhino Lining, it is reacting the same as a Line-X and is still shiny after 6 months of straight abuse. I will agree that Line-X is a great porduct.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:44 PM
D45

Originally Posted by austin1972
Be sure to have the Line-X guys do the rail caps too. It comes out looking sweet.

Yes, I am getting the Line-X sprayed over the rails
Old 05-28-2008, 07:46 PM
D45

Originally Posted by Darryl&Rita
I like it. How wide is that winsheild stripe at the edges? It seems to have a curve, like a frown, from edge to edge. Or is that just a camera trick? I have been thinking of a strip across the bottom as well.

Not sure how wide it is, but at the ends it does go past the AS1 line about 4-5 inches.

Yes, it is curved down at each end and then goes back up near the rearview mirror.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:50 PM
D45

Originally Posted by rip 112
Can't say i fully agree. I've had both and I am pleased with my latest Rhino Lining, it is reacting the same as a Line-X and is still shiny after 6 months of straight abuse. I will agree that Line-X is a great porduct.

Maybe it is just my local dealer then, because I have had 3-4 trucks coated with Rhino Linings and all of the edges and lines are crooked and look sloppy.

Plus, their corporate (Rhino Linings) approved method to patch tears is to use a tube of black windshield adhesive and glob it on over the tear.

This is why I am driving 1.5 hours away to the Line-X place, instead of going to my Rhino Linings dealer which is 20 minutes away.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:06 PM

Looks good D. What are they charging you to Line-X your bed? I would like to get mine done eventually....
Old 05-28-2008, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by D45
Maybe it is just my local dealer then, because I have had 3-4 trucks coated with Rhino Linings and all of the edges and lines are crooked and look sloppy.

Plus, their corporate (Rhino Linings) approved method to patch tears is to use a tube of black windshield adhesive and glob it on over the tear.

This is why I am driving 1.5 hours away to the Line-X place, instead of going to my Rhino Linings dealer which is 20 minutes away.
Oh no, I know my ppl down here at the local Rhino Linings, they aren't like that, and they stand by their products. I'm actually getting my rocker panels Rhino lined so i don't have to get fender flares.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:21 PM
D45

Originally Posted by Patriot2500
Looks good D. What are they charging you to Line-X your bed? I would like to get mine done eventually....

I believe it is around $520
Old 05-29-2008, 02:23 PM

My truck is line-x'd and has dead straight lines. Mine has the wheel arches done as well, and it looks great 2 years in.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by D45

I don't have experience with either one, but that sure does sound like a problem with the person doing the job and not necessisarily the material that is used...
Old 05-29-2008, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by mmurray
I don't have experience with either one, but that sure does sound like a problem with the person doing the job and not necessisarily the material that is used...
I agree. The guy that did mine said the performance and looks of the product was pretty much totally dictated by how well the prep work is done. They spent about 3 hours prepping and maybe 40 minutes doing the appliication.

Quick Reply: Windows Tinted & Truck Line-X'd...........