3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Window Tint laws suck !

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooler
You have to look at it like this. If it weren't for some idiot that coward behind there window tint and shot and killed officers we wouldn't have this issue to deal with. It's always a few stupids that cause all of use to suffer.

no, if they hung people for killing people we wouldn't have this issue to deal with.

why should i not be allowed to tint my windows cus some guy thinks hes only going to do a couple years for shooting this cop?
Old 01-23-2009, 10:23 PM

Why (cop) walk up on any car? Make them get out in plain sight where you can see them. The tint law is just another money racket.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by CD in NM
It's about needing revenue, budgets are being slashed due to lack of revenue, so they need to get revenue up to keep operating. I bet we will all feel like the gestapo has arrived and is alive and well in a few short months.

I have 20% on my front windows and 5% in the back. That's pretty much the way most here in New Mexico do their tints. The sun is really tough on interiors.

CD
Come on guys, think about it. Put your self in the officers shoes for a second. How would you like to walk up to a car day or NIGHT and never know what to expect? Not a very pleasant feeling. If I were a cop, I would like to see what was going on in the vehical that I pulled over before I approached the car. Even with the spot light on the car at night, it is still hard to see in some tints. And yes, I do have 20% all the way around on my truck, but I wont give an officer a hard time if he pulles me over for it. Watch Cops/True TV/Real TV/Most Shocking/Wildest Police Chases/, how many times have you watched a high speed chase where the cops chased at over a 100mph and did not know there were innocent people in the car? Children...... because there was dark tint..... or had a shoot out with the driver not knowing what was behind the windows of the car, children.... And dont say, "well I guess the cops shouldn't have shot back, or continued the chase," because if that were the case, every bad guy would have tint, shoot at cops, and run from the police because they knew they wouldn't follow or shoot back. My brother is a State Trooper in Alaska, and when he first started, he ran the Bethal District. He hated getting calls to remote locations such as Nunam Iqua, a remote village in that area. Its an Inuit community. (never mind where) He said the one thing he hated the most was to have to stop any vehical on the way (which there werent many) that had tint. Usaully calls to those locations are were pretty serious. He said walking up to a car that he could not see in was the worst part of his job, especially at night.
I am just pointing out that you would feel the same way about tint if you were an officer, so cut them some slack.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Timmer
no, if they hung people for killing people we wouldn't have this issue to deal with.

why should i not be allowed to tint my windows cus some guy thinks hes only going to do a couple years for shooting this cop?
Thats our gov's fault, not the officers. I feel the same way you do though.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by 67HotRod
Why (cop) walk up on any car? Make them get out in plain sight where you can see them. The tint law is just another money racket.
I agree, but you can't always play the waiting game. Some guys just refuse. Shoot some gas in the car.... doesnt alway work either. Are you gonna call in SWAT everytime some drunk wont get out of his car because he is so incoherent (spelling) to know any better? Hire more SWAT.... raise your taxes???
Old 01-23-2009, 10:38 PM

If they were really worried about tint and seeing in, NO tint would be allowed. Think about it...the officer is BEHIND you when ya get pulled over. Yet, theres really no laws about the back windows, they can be as dark as you want. Except the two front door glass...Ya think some wanna be thug in the very back of the Escalade cant load a gun while your walkin up and shoot you? Is he really going to wait for you to get to the drivers' door, in which case, you STILL wouldnt be able to see him at night. Clear enough? (no pun intended...)
Old 01-23-2009, 11:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I really don't know why you want to get on here and whine..... These laws have been on the books since the late 1980's. Fact is you broke the law, so take the limo tint off and tint it with the legal limit, in my area that is 35%.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:30 AM

The thing I have a problem is why are some places allowed like 35% on the front windows, and others none? This is were the safety thing just doesn't justify it. I have no problem with them wanting to see in for safety, but around here some cars are right BLACK and others aren't to bad, there is a big difference.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:05 AM

Here in Phoenix the facists in office are putting up speed cameras like it's the greatest thing ever. The tickets for less than 20 over are revenue only, no points on your record, just send $180 to the state. Our former governor, now edit secretary of something or other, planned to steal 91 million dollars from us annually with the cameras.

Feel free to express your opinion, but please keep the direct name calling out of it...

thanks-
madhat
Old 01-24-2009, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bearwhiz
Check the local laws and and apply the tint as its required and you shouldn't have problem. We can blame everything on the cops but when they stop you, who was breaking the law?
Usually the subject is breaking one and the cop is breaking 3.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:57 AM

How many thugs do you see riding around in these trucks with tinted windows? Pull over the little ricers and the cadilacs with tinted windows.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:48 AM

Yeah, I think tint laws are a little silly. I like my windows dark, that way they can't see I'm not wearing my seat belt. I'm a real law breaker, I drive 3 to 5 miles over the limit on the highway too.

Seriously thou, everyone is better off not being able to see into my truck, I'm not that pretty.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:17 AM

If you were a cop you would not think they are silly.Its can be a matter of life and death.Nothing silly about that to me.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:06 AM

If you cant see thru the back or rear side windows, how much is that going help you when you walked past 3 windows you couldnt see thru to get to 1 you can. You should be rolling down your window so the cop can see your face in the mirror. Can your x-ray vision see thru the door and see if they have something under the window line? make them open the door or get out. Come on fuzz improvise,adapt and overcome! Why make the 90% good people pay the the 10%bad
Old 01-24-2009, 09:30 AM

I agree with both sides. here in RI (if that's where I lived) the limit is 70% (why even bother) When i got mine done, they asked 20 will match the rear, 35 will be a bit lighter, i said 35%, they really suggested 20, but it was just tooo dark. The 35 is better than nothing and they don't give me a hard time.

Unless it's raining, I always make sure the window is down, the officer has to be able to see what your doing and such. I've only been pulled over 3 times in 11 years, so it also has to do with what you are doing, screwing around, smoking tires, driving too fast, ect, all has to do with what and why they pull you over, along with what they expect.

I said the same thing and a friend of mines brother was a cop, and I saw the other side (he never yelled at me for my tint) but none the less. Also in RI the law says NO tint over 70% (or under) for any vehicle, and even cops and all, don't have tint on there cars, some do, but most dont. But yeah, tint is one of those "iffy" topics. My tint guy is cheap so most o fthe time if they say ticket, or rip it off, I rip it off and go get it put on again

Quick Reply: Window Tint laws suck !