3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Why not sell your Dodge?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not sell your Dodge?

It seems like a lot of people even though own a Dodge complain about them,well have always been a Chevy guy and having 4 new Chevys in the last 6 years I can tell you that my Dodge besides being a little plain (and a little cheaper)in the interior does not give anything away to the Chevys.
I won't even talk about the engine.
This is what I found.
02 Avalanche-nice truck.Roof dented from my arms when I waxed the roof.
Pretty nice truck but not a good tow vehicle for over 5,000 lbs.
03 HD1500 8,600 gvw.Had to scream it on the hills when towing.Rode real rough.Nice truck.
04 HD 2500 8.1 Allison.Got 12.5 mpg @70 mph not towing.Pulled strong but would get 7.5 mph towing 7,000 lbs.I think the front torsion bar setup was too progressive and would ramp up on the big hits.
06 Vortec Max.Fast truck.Had a drone at hiway speeds that dealer could not fix,brakes warped badly and had them replaced 3 times under warr.Had beam shake so bad I took it down to the Dodge dealer and traded it in.
All the Chevys had strange noises in the steering at times.Chevy buckets are very narrow.Besides the HD1500 all the Chevy brakes sucked.
Now 07 Dodge.I think it rides fairly well with the coils up front compared to the Chevys(except Avalanche).The brakes are great when towing and very good when not.Not a squeek or rattle in the truck so far.Truck is quiet and has no wind noises,storage under the seats is real nice and I have not had a single problem with the Dodge so far and seems smoother (drive train/engine)than any one of the Chevys.
I am really happy with my first Dodge.I think Dodge puts the money where it needs to be and I am very supprised with the trucks quality(seeing I bought it for the engine).
I could go on and on here but from a diehard Chevy guy,I think Doge has a good truck.
So my advice to those that are not happy with their Dodge is go buy a Chevy.
Oh and the engine is nice too.

Phil

Last edited by FSTDL; 12-25-2007 at 10:11 PM. Reason: More information
Old 12-25-2007, 10:15 PM

Other than the drab interior I can't complain about my truck.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:21 PM

Interior? I like mine. I also love the truck. This is the first American vehicle I have owned in 15 years and I must say I am very pleased.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:34 PM

I was hesitant to post this but I just finished reading 11 pages of people edited by admin about their Dodge trucks and its like if you dont enjoy your vehicle then why not get something else.
I sure like mine.

Phil

Last edited by t-boe; 12-26-2007 at 07:33 AM. Reason: profanity
Old 12-25-2007, 11:04 PM

lol, I just posted on the "disliked" thread. I hear what you're saying though. Maybe I bought a Monday truck!
Old 12-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Chapter President

78,000 on my '03 and not a rattle to be heard. My Yukon sucked in the motor, trans and interior departments. Though it looked nice on the outside.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Banned

I luv my Dodge and wouldn't trade it for anything else out there ... even though I was a Chevy guy for the first 20 yrs of owning and driving trucks. I would however trade the 48RE for an Ally tomorrow if it was possible ... hopefully the new Aisin will be impressive when I order my next CTD in a couple years.
I like my interior now and it's nice and tight but am real anxious to see the new interior also ... well the whole new truck ... can't wait to order my next new CTD.
And sure there are things that could be better or improved, always will be even though they keep trying to make them better all the time, but how much more are we willing to pay for our work trucks. I didn't care for some of the standard features (seats for 1) so I ordered the Laramie H pkg ... if you want more you're gonna have to pay more. And I'm happy with what I have ... they actually even got the 48RE shifting a little better on my last visit ... for free ... it's all good here. Though it is nice to whine a little now and again eh
Old 12-26-2007, 03:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My headlights suck... or my eyes are getting to old.

That's my only beef.

I'm keeping my truck until it's just a frame and a Cummins engine with me sitting on a milk crate.... and it's paid for...
Old 12-26-2007, 05:37 AM

It was a scary thought

Well i've been thinkin(usually my first mistake) about how well the Dmax has come along. Then they have the famous allison, and i began to wonder, could it be possible my next one would say GMC. Having been a Dodge man for a fairly long time it just didn't seem right but there was some temptation. I decided to take a 6.7 for a ride not that i was looking just yet, but to see how they were. Well i quickly said, BOY what the hell are you thinking? There will be no 3 lettered curse word in this house, and traded off my 06 3500 Cummins, on a 08 2500 6.7. I love it so far. I've always said i buy for a purpose, and that is a truck is a truck. It might ride a little rough, might be big loud and ugly, but it has a purpose. To tow, haul lumber, ski-doos, quads. If you want comfort stay at home on the couch. But really GMC has come along way, but in the end I still am a Dodge man. Whew that was almost an unhappy ending.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:30 AM

I was a FORD man for 30 yrs., switched over to Dodge in 2/07, no problems & no complaints about the truck so far, the interior is nice, the exterior is nice & the Cummins (need I say more). I use my trucks for work to make a living, & i like the way this one is working out so far. The way some of these guys complain about little things on this site is ridiculous.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:09 AM

I have a '97 Chevy K2500 with the 350 gas motor. It has over 265,000 miles on it. I bought the '07 Dodge 14 months ago and have about 27,000 miles on it by now. I think it will be at least as good a truck as the Chevy was. I like the engine a whole lot better!
Old 12-26-2007, 07:24 AM

In any brand of truck it's luck of the draw, especially in a global economy with parts, pieces and assembly taking place in several different countries.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I really like my '03. I usually buy a new vehicle every five years but I'm planning to keep this one much longer.

MikeyB
Old 12-26-2007, 08:34 AM

I was a Ford guy for years , worked for them and got a nice discount , I just came to the conclusion I could not afford to drive one . Way back in 86 I purchased a Bronco II for my wife and a old 71 Power Wagon for my self , the Ford was on its forth transmission and the old Power Wagon just kept going and going and it is probably still going for someone else . I had another car laying around when then Ford quit for my wife to drive which she trusted more so I decided to trade the Bronco . I put the Power Wagon up for sale at a high price and it sold in two days then drove the Ford over to Dodge with the oil light coming on at idle and running like a Ford and traded it on a 91 Cummins . I had a lot more cash in the long run because repair bills went away driving the Dodge . I got my wife a Grand Cherokee that has over 300,000 on it and if a tree didn't fall on it my son would still be driving it . Back when I went to school I drove and old 68 Dodge you could watch the road go by through the floor sitting on the springs . When it rained I got covered with anything on the road . The slanted six was so tired I could turn it over with one finger pushing on the fan and talk about rough ride and poor interior . A few of you guys that complain about the , ride , interior of these new trucks I wish I could have given a ride in that thing .
My 04.5 interior is the best I have ever had , cup holder , storage , seats , I can't understand all the complaints , the ride is the best in any truck I have owned , dependability is down , but warranty has covered all problems .
The Chevy's I have had over the years were nothing but headaches looking for a new home . I have never gave and import a try except a Volkswagen diesel and that thing went for over 400,000 and was still going strong when it left . My wife has wanted another one for over 10 years , It was her favorite car bar none mine two .
Old 12-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
I was a GM man for years and years..... I really didn't want the Dodge truck at first, but the Cummins was just too powerful of a draw. I got out of a 95 K2500 and to tell you the truth, my Dodge drives at least 90 percent as good as my Chebby did, way better than I ever imagined a straight axle truck could, and other than a few strange to me quirks ( taking things to ground to operate, etc ) I have no problem figuring out this beast.

It's kinda grown on me...... Doubt I will ever get newer than 12 valves, but I can say I am stockpiling parts for the duration with this truck.......I figure I have 30 or so good years of driving left.

Quick Reply: Why not sell your Dodge?