3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

What to pay??

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:What to pay??

Yz#58 what is the alter.bracket problem you are talking about and when did they start using a different style?Thanks.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:11 PM

[quote author=cp link=board=17;threadid=15725;start=0#148841 date=1055475679]<br>Now is a good time to buy.<br><br>If you got the $1000 coupon in the mail, that coupled with the $2500 cash back can get you into one for around $3500 under dealer invoice provided you can find a dealer willing to sell at invoice.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I'm ready to buy this week. How do you get the $1,000 coupon in the mail? I would like to get one ASAP. $1,000 would help a bunch. <br><br>Thanks, Greg
Old 06-14-2003, 06:41 PM
cp

[quote author=Greg3 link=board=17;threadid=15725;start=15#149352 date=1055632271]
[quote author=cp link=board=17;threadid=15725;start=0#148841 date=1055475679]
Now is a good time to buy.

If you got the $1000 coupon in the mail, that coupled with the $2500 cash back can get you into one for around $3500 under dealer invoice provided you can find a dealer willing to sell at invoice.
[/quote]

I'm ready to buy this week. How do you get the $1,000 coupon in the mail? I would like to get one ASAP. $1,000 would help a bunch.

Thanks, Greg
[/quote]

I don't know how or why it came. Maybe it was from requesting a brochure from the Dodge website--that's the only reason I can think of.

Even if you don't have it, though, maybe just the mention of it will be good enough. Or you could just dig in your heels and say you're not going to pay $1000 more than someone who got a postcard from Dodge. Don't forget the military $750 discount, either. All told, you could be able to get in at $4250 under dealer invoice.

Old 06-14-2003, 07:17 PM

V-Bar, There is a long post on this in Engine and Drivetrain, or go to www.dodgeram.info/tsb/2003/08-007-03.htm. It doesn't apply to the Hemi though I don't think. It supposedly applies to eng# prior to 67013271 (diesel engines) truck build date of Feb. 12 2003 or before. Mine has 2200 mi. and has 2 cracks right at the bend. Will take it to dealer this next week.
Old 06-15-2003, 12:00 AM

[quote author=cp link=board=17;threadid=15725;start=15#149364 date=1055634069]
[
I don't know how or why it came. Maybe it was from requesting a brochure from the Dodge website--that's the only reason I can think of.

Even if you don't have it, though, maybe just the mention of it will be good enough. Or you could just dig in your heels and say you're not going to pay $1000 more than someone who got a postcard from Dodge. Don't forget the military $750 discount, either. All told, you could be able to get in at $4250 under dealer invoice.

[/quote]

I said to my dealer that I had got one but lost it. :'((big ole'lie)
But it was a no go. She said I had to have it so they could send it in to Dodge. I told her if Dodge wanted to sell their truck then they should cut a grand off of my price. She didn't think so. So I walked....

I didn't mind the walk though. The 03 didn't have the 410's.
It's a pain to find a loaded white 2wd QC DRW LB! They located a Black,Blue and a silver though. But it's not what I want. I'll keep looking.

BTW I also got the info from Dodge but never got the $1,000 coupon. ???
Old 06-16-2003, 09:45 AM

Location: Eagle, Idaho. Please set your watch back 20 years when entering.

From what I've read, the coupon is a &quot;Customer Loyalty Incentive&quot; for previous new Dodge buyers. I don't know how recent of a buyer you need to be. If you've never bought a new Dodge before (like me), don't expect a coupon in the mail.<br><br>100 Proof
Old 06-16-2003, 08:44 PM
cp

[quote author=100 Proof link=board=17;threadid=15725;start=15#149784 date=1055774711]<br>From what I've read, the coupon is a &quot;Customer Loyalty Incentive&quot; for previous new Dodge buyers. I don't know how recent of a buyer you need to be. If you've never bought a new Dodge before (like me), don't expect a coupon in the mail.<br><br>100 Proof<br>[/quote]<br><br>No, that's not the case for the coupon I got. I've never bought a new Dodge and I got one.<br><br>It says on the front, &quot;Take the Dodge Power Challenge--Get an extra $1000 off.&quot;<br><br>It does have an address for inquiries, though:<br>Dodge Ram Power Challenge<br>Bonus Incentive Headquarters<br>PO Box 5072<br>Troy, MI 48007-5072<br><br>There is no phone number or I would list it. The coupon is valid until 6/30, so maybe there's time to contact them and get one?<br><br>I may have to spring for one before the end of the month. I wanted to wait until Fall, but this may be too good of a deal to pass up.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:48 PM

Hey how do you all get such good deals on 03 Im looking for one and I want to know what to say to them to get the best deal and Im also trading in a 97 3500 and I dont want to git ripped. Thanks
Old 06-17-2003, 04:27 PM

I finally got my truck! I'm all ;D ;D ;D!!! I ended up paying flat invoice minus the $500 regional discount and minus the $2,500 factory rebate. I did pay a modest doc prep fee but no other &quot;optional&quot; charges. <br><br>The dealership, Sundance Dodge in Boise, Idaho, and the salesman George Dyer were wonderfull to work with. This is easily the most pleasant vehicle buying experience I have ever had. They even made sure the tank was full before I left.<br><br>Thanks to all who chimed in with advice (and to those who didn't but were providing silent moral support.)<br><br>As soon as I send this off, I'm on way to register the beast and order my personalized plates. Now if I can just shed that &quot;Noobie&quot; status....<br><br>100 Proof
Old 06-17-2003, 08:01 PM
cp

[quote author=SmokinDodge12V link=board=17;threadid=15725;start=15#150279 date=1055875701]<br> Hey how do you all get such good deals on 03 Im looking for one and I want to know what to say to them to get the best deal and Im also trading in a 97 3500 and I dont want to git ripped. Thanks<br>[/quote]<br><br>There really isn't anything to it...they're lowering the prices all by themselves. The two dealers that I talked with last week started at invoice minus all the incentives. There is also a $500 manufacturer to dealer incentive in effect right now, too, so if they want there is some room there for bargaining.<br><br>Figure it up--get invoice off of Kelly's or Edmunds, subtract the incentives, get a price for your trade from Kelly's or Edmunds, subtract that and that's where you start.<br><br>Also, sometimes the financing is a better deal than the cash--somewhere above $26 or $27K it becomes better to take the financing than cash (assuming you can get a loan for around 4.5 to 5%).
Old 06-17-2003, 10:25 PM

When yall reference invoice, do you mean MSRP or true dealer invoice? I have talked to the dealer here in Corpus Christi TX and they look at me like I am crazy when I start talking about deducting the incentives etc. from the true dealer invoice. They are not even interested in talking about starting anywhere other than MSRP. I told them I knew about the 3% holdback they also get from DC but basically they said that they were not going to start from the true invoice price. <br><br>I will have to search elsewhere (probably out of state) to find a hi-volume dealership that really wants to sell a truck. These dealerships in south Texas do not seem too motivated to move trucks.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:56 AM

commtrd-<br><br>I paid true dealer invoice. MSRP was $42,570. I paid factory invoice of $37,427 (including factory destination charge) minus the $2,500 rebate and netted out at $34,927. On top of that I paid $154 doc fee, sales tax, and DMV charges.<br><br>I did most of my shopping and negotiating using the internet and e-mail with multiple dealerships at first. I browsed through all the trucks in my area that were in stock via the web and reviewed the actual window stickers to choose the exact equipment I wanted. <br><br>I narrowed it down to 2 dealerships eventually, and then of course, the one I bought from. I pretty much had the deal worked out via e-mail &amp; telephone before I ever met the salesman or even stepped foot in the dealership. Although I had driven a few of these trucks before, I didn't drive the one I now own until the day before I bought it.<br><br>I hope this helps.<br><br>BTW, I visited CC for the first time last March. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on Padre Island. I especially enjoyed the half day we spent on the USS Lexington. You live in a beautiful area. I can't believe how cheap fuel is down there. We're paying about $1.59 for diesel up here now.<br><br>Good Luck,<br>100 Proof<br><br>
Old 06-18-2003, 06:00 PM
cp

There is surely someplace closer to Corpus Christi than this, but you can always try Mark Roberts in Bartlesville, OK. They say right on their website that they sell for invoice minus rebates.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:58 PM

Thanks for the tip. According to their website, they do indeed sell at &quot;true invoice&quot; minus $316. I am going to call them and see if the incentives also come off that figure or if that is all they will do. That is still a lot better than the price I have seen at most other dealerships. <br><br>Does anyone know of any really good dealerships in TX that will do a good deal like Mark Roberts in OK? I am slowly getting in contact with several more via email but it takes a while. I think I would rather get an in-stock 2003 than order a 2004 and risk getting the EGR.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:21 PM

I will never believe that a dealer will sell you a truck at or below true invoice. They may show you a copy of an invoice but it is an original invoice and will not show you all the incentives and discounts they have gotten from the manufacturer. Don't be fooled. A dealership who doesn't make money doesn't stay in business long!!!
Yes, right now is a great time to buy an 03 since they are trying to move them before the 04s arrive . I went online and searched all the dealers in my area. Most have special internet prices and I found one who was advertising prices of around $5000.00 off sticker. That's where I went so I wouldn't have to start haggling from the sticker price. It's always good to call first as many dealers don't keep up with their internet listings regularly...

Quick Reply: What to pay??