3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

What I hate about my new Dodge!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I hate about my new Dodge!!!

I now own 2 Dodges. Both are 3500's. The new one is a 04.5 HO Cummins Quad cab. The old one is a 94 Reg cab Dually. Both are great trucks with enough power to pull down a house. But the old one has a huge advantage over the old one. THE CUP HOLDER. The old one has a nice spring loaded and holds many size cups and cans without any problems. The new has 2 HUGE openings that unless you bought the 128 ounce "grotesque Gulp" from 7-11 for 69 cents your drink will fly right out of these holders. Now I did buy this truck used. SO maybe I am missing the rubber inserts, I am not sure. But the way it is setup now. It is completely useless!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I did notice the cup holders in my new future 2006 are not nearly the cup holders that are in my '01.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want cup holders, marshmelow ride, or foo foo interior.......go buy a Chevy.

I bought my Dodge truck for fuel mileage, engine longevity, and drivetrain durabilty.

I was brought up and was until recently a Chevy man. GM has proven to me a major dissapointment.

I work on a fleet of Superdutys everyday. They are plagued electrical gremlins and brake problems.

Dodge CTD was the obvious choice.

I have accepted that out of the box, they are slower, less comfortable, and I feel the looks aren't the best.

Again I feel they are they toughest and most reliable work trucks out of the box.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigDave12768
The new has 2 HUGE openings that unless you bought the 128 ounce "grotesque Gulp" from 7-11 for 69 cents your drink will fly right out of these holders.
Try squeezing them in some. They are adjustable, so a pop can fits, even a small Dunkin' Donuts cup fits... if you adjust it to the cup size.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:45 PM

Man the 3 cup holders in my 06 Mega Cab are awsome. They hold everything from a 12oz can to a overly extra large. The rubber inside kind of form fits to what ever you put in it. It even hold odd shaped things like square coffee mugs. I love them.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:19 AM

I now own 2 Dodges. Both are 3500's. The new one is a 04.5 HO Cummins Quad cab. The old one is a 94 Reg cab Dually. Both are great trucks with enough power to pull down a house. But the old one has a huge advantage over the old one. THE CUP HOLDER. The old one has a nice spring loaded and holds many size cups and cans without any problems. The new has 2 HUGE openings that unless you bought the 128 ounce "grotesque Gulp" from 7-11 for 69 cents your drink will fly right out of these holders. Now I did buy this truck used. SO maybe I am missing the rubber inserts, I am not sure. But the way it is setup now. It is completely useless!!!!
If you think your 94 has nice cupholders, youve never used the 98-02 cupholders. By far the best i have ever used. Hands down. The ones in my 06 are OK but not as good as my 98.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is an option for you that might help you enjoy your new New Dodge a little bit more!! It's a "cup smoothie" from Genos Garage.

http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....UP-SMOOTHIE-03
Old 07-25-2006, 03:06 AM

I had the 2001 cupholders and thought they were great. I now have the 2006 cupholders and thought that I wouldnt like them as much, but it turns out they are even better.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CrazyCooter
If you want cup holders, marshmelow ride, or foo foo interior.......go buy a Chevy.

I bought my Dodge truck for fuel mileage, engine longevity, and drivetrain durabilty.
I was brought up and was until recently a Chevy man. GM has proven to me a major dissapointment.
I work on a fleet of Superdutys everyday. They are plagued electrical gremlins and brake problems.
I have accepted that out of the box, they are slower, less comfortable, and I feel the looks aren't the best.
Again I feel they are they toughest and most reliable work trucks out of the box.
I also bought my truck for longevity and mileage. However, I think they are more comfortable, and they are the best looking truck out there. They are DEFINITELY the toughest and most reliable of the trucks out there.
I like the cupholder because the BMW I had in Germany when I was stationed there, did NOT have a cup holder. It's amazing how much you miss a cupholder when you don't have one, or have a crappy one.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Banned

yea at least you guys have them...my 02 6spd doesnt have them from the factory. i have the genos garage smoothie tho, which is the best invention EVER!

im usually riding alone, so i have both cup holders to myself then...so i can have one beer for now and one for later j/k, i never have nor will i ever promote drinking and driving.

be safe, and keep them drinks upright
Old 07-25-2006, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCooter

I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE COMPLETELY !! I loved GM trucks until
they wimped out in 1988 and now I favor the more durable albeit not more comfortable Dodge. I would rather have a Cummins and straight axle in a truck
with wooden seats and no AC than some sissy IFS.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Banned

Well try I different beverage like ahhhhhhhhhhh beer it will probably hang on to that better.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:21 PM

The Smoothies the answer
Old 07-25-2006, 04:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The cupholder in my '05 is only a size 2, but she'll hold anything I give her for as long as I want...
Old 07-25-2006, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by 04.5RAMHD
I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE COMPLETELY !! I loved GM trucks until
they wimped out in 1988 and now I favor the more durable albeit not more comfortable Dodge. I would rather have a Cummins and straight axle in a truck
with wooden seats and no AC than some sissy IFS.

Quick Reply: What I hate about my new Dodge!!!