3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

what 3rd gen? utility box?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what 3rd gen? utility box?

Hey I've got a 2nd gen 2500 and I'm looking at needing to put a utility box on for work, my dad and I are aircraft field techs and we need to get another truck/box setup, so I'm looking for a 3500 dually 6 spd.
Also we need to be able to seat 5 guys somewhat comfortably(my X-cab is a pain to get in/out of the back and is not comfortable at all!) How are the back seats in the 98-newer quadcabs?

My question is, what year??? From looking around this forum and talking to people I think I want an 03-05, want to get the four door. I know of a dealer a few hours away that will get me a new truck at cost as a favor, would that be worth it or do you think I could find a used one considerably cheaper?

also, are there any field service mechanics out there that have any recomendations or warnings about what utility boxes to look for/avoid???

Thanks in advance!

(I could just get a 24v/6 speed and put it in an F550! I know a shop near here that does 24v swaps...older dodges, military hummer, etc...he's done work on my dad's, great shop.)