3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Whadda ya think???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 09:19 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Whadda ya think???

ST or SLT ??? I'm not quite made of money, but 3000 or so diffrence is enough to make a guy flipflop back and forth :P
Old 02-20-2003, 10:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re:Whadda ya think???

go for broke full load only way to go monthly payments are only a few dollars more
Old 02-21-2003, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, many have said go for the SLT and most don't like the ST. I will go out on a limb here, I bought the ST on purpose with some options already installed by the dealer convenience package, tow mirrors ect...) and could not be happier. I looked at all big three trucks and always wanted the cummins. The bonus for me was that the Dodge ST was the only one I found with vinyl floors and cloth seats but had all the other creature comforts I wanted. I don't like cleaning mud off carpet and hate leather, so that was the way to go for me. Drives like a sports car, still feels like a truck!!!!!!! The savings on the ST model was also a bonus, now I can still spend those dollars for things like good tires, the spray in bed liner ect..... Plus I eveyone comments the plain black grill on the silver truck looks cool. Most think I special ordered the grill.<br><br>Just my .02<br><br>CTDCAL
Old 02-21-2003, 12:52 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

The bonus for me was that the Dodge ST was the only one I found with vinyl floors and cloth seats but had all the other creature comforts I wanted. I don't like cleaning mud off carpet
<br>Ahhh! I'm not the only one that thinks this way. I thought about the slt with carpet delete. I talked to a dealer about it and all I got was a funny look.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:43 AM

WC,<br><br>Yeh, I have never owned a truck with carpet. My last truck, a 94' Chebby gasser, was very hard to find with vinyl floors. Now I think it is near impossible to find a truck without leather and carpet and every other gadget. If I needed all these things I would have bought a Mercedes car. I am constantly tracking all kinds of crap in and out of my truck with hunting, fishing and work, in that order of course.<br><br>CTDCAL
Old 02-24-2003, 09:49 AM

Husky makes some great liners for the floors. I have them in my truck in the front and rear. I can't imagine having a truck without power locks, windows, and what not. That is why they make different trucks for different needs. Good luck on your new purchase.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:22 AM

I found an ST on the lot with cloth seats and the tilt wheel/cruise package, and drove it home. The dealer had spiffed it up a little with a chrome grill and running boards and I think it looks great. The vinyl floor is a plus since I live on the beach. My advice is that you should buy what you feel meets your needs instead of your wants. In my case, I really WANTED cloth seats, NEEDED a vinyl floor, and could live without the cruise control. I lucked out and found a truck in stock that met my needs. I also got a great deal because not too many other people wanted an ST model.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:33 AM

My last one was an ST, which I really liked for the vinyl floors as well. I got the SLT this time simply because a few options I wanted were not available with the ST, and the SLT does hold its resale value better. I can get the floor liners from Cabela's or Bass Pro to keep the carpets from getting muddy. Premium cloth seats are also my preference, as leather is colder in the winter and hotter in the summer, while the cloth &quot;breathes&quot; better in the Texas summers. An ST is a fine truck if you don't really need the extras of the SLT. Always use your money for what you need, not what impresses others, unless you just have money to throw away. 8)