3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Well I sold it all ready

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I sold it all ready

>I sold the darn thing all ready. I had a guy who I know from the horse world who wanted it. I got $14,650 and a 2000 1-ton, quad cab,4x4, V-10 auto, SLT, with 38,000 miles on er. It's a beuty. Now the long suspensful wait begins yet once again. My new truck, H.O./48re is on C status all ready ;DWoooHoooo ;D
Old 12-10-2002, 04:36 PM

Re:Well I sold it all ready

That V10 sounds nice. I had a '97 - great truck, as much as I like my PSD, I miss the Dodge. Too bad the dealers won't sell or stock 'em - especially now that Dodge is pushing the Hemi. Even in print ads, NO mention of the V10, or even that it is available. It is pictured though.<br><br>Is Dodge going to kill it off for lack of sales? They might sell more, if they advertised it against GM's 8.1, which GM heavily advertises.<br><br>Oh well, off topic here.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:51 PM

I had a 96 1-ton V-10. Put 150,000 HARD PULLING miles on er. Finnally threw a rod at about 155 or so. But it was great up until then. I don't know if they are gonna kill it but get this. I gotta guy who has 99 in my shop right now with a cracked head and we tried to order one for it and DC says they do not currently have a supplier for that part and won't until after the first of the year ??? That leads me to believe that they are not currently producing them. Who know's.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:10 PM

That's too bad. A cracked head, and you can't order one? Wow - if I were that GUY, I'd probably be looking to trade the truck.

My V10 hauled some a$$. Yes, the Hemi has more horses, but the V10 has way more torque, and the mileage isn't that horrendous ( I got about 10 around town.)

Again, too bad, as Dodge has a GREAT engine that can readily compete with Ford and GM. If they let it die, it will be another anti-competitive blow, like not having a TRUE crew cab (I know, I know, I'm preaching to the choir here.)
Old 12-10-2002, 05:15 PM

I think we'll see it come back in the advertising and such once they get the suppliers to build the darn things again. I guess they probably have some sitting waiting for the new truck orders(which are few for the V-10). Or we might see the 8.0 Litre go away and they might develop a new V-10 truck engine off of the new 8.3 V-10 Viper engine ???That would be good. Knowing Dodge they might do that. They always stay way back in the power department and then jump WAY ahead. 8)
Old 12-10-2002, 05:24 PM

It's a chicken/egg thing. Very few orders for the 10, so they don't make any. Because there aren't any available, people don't want to wait, and buy something else. ???<br><br>The Hemi, with 375 lb/ft, is an awesome motor. But, if you're going to pull, and don't want an oil burner, that the 10's 450 lb ft is going to be way better. But, we are enthusiasts on these boards, and Joe Average doesn't have a clue (neither do some salesman [no offense]).<br><br>Even in 97, when I bought my V10, my dealer looked at me like I had 3 heads (as in, &quot;why would you want THAT??). I live in suburban Philly, with at least 2 dozen Dodge dealers with 1 hour drive. My dealer had to find my truck in Maryland, that was how few v10s there were.<br><br>Thanks for the info, Luke. If I could afford 2 trucks, I would buy another V10 in a heartbeat (if I could find one! :P)
Old 12-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got $14,650 and a 2000 1-ton, quad cab,4x4, V-10 auto, SLT, with 38,000 miles on er.
<br><br>Wow! <br><br>Thats a good deal! I was looking through our local paper and that ($14.5k) is about $12k under what there going for around here.<br>There were only two CTD QC's in the paper, but the average between the two were in the mid 20's ($25.6k).<br><br>Rich.

Trending Topics

Old 12-10-2002, 06:14 PM

DieselDaze, was I not clear ???What I meant was I got $14,650 cash and his 2000 V-10 for my truck. I figure his V-10 is worth about $17,500-$18,000 wholesale so I basically got between $32,150-$32,650 for my 03 1-ton. Sorry for the confussion
Old 12-10-2002, 07:14 PM

my best friend and i went down and test drove a used dodge v10 4x4 with 124,000 miles. it was worked by towing a 5th wheel--what a complete dog. my dad's 454 could easily outrun it (of course his motor isn't tired). the v10 sounded like the V6s in the '93ish dakotas. the shifts were very sluggish and the motor just didn't put out any power (even at 4000+rpms). he then got a '93 454 with the same miles, tired, but still faster. i've heard lots of problems with the v10. i've also heard that they're fast- i've never been in a newer one ???<br><br>Tom
Old 12-10-2002, 07:19 PM

Luke,<br><br>How about cluing me in on C status and any other status that will happen along the way?????<br><br>Thanks
Old 12-10-2002, 10:30 PM

Luke<br><br>How are your sales going? I was at my dealers today getting my tow mirrors on (finally after the first set came in broken) and he said it is his worst year in 10 years.<br><br>One of the salesman said he had 26 1/2 units sold last December and only 2 1/2 so far this year.<br><br>They are getting concerned.<br><br>He said they read in a paper someplace to &quot;hold off on buying&quot; &quot;in two months the incentives are gonna knock your socks off&quot;<br><br>So, he is kinda blaming the news for some of it and I guess the economy in my part of the world is pretty slow<br><br>Hunter
Old 12-11-2002, 07:58 AM

Well sales are pretty slow, but I generally see that this time every year. As far as incentives, I'd say their helping more than they are hurting. With out them it would be DEAD right now. I don't forsee the incentives getting any better than they are right now, maybe a little but not much. <br><br>Ken, &quot;C&quot; means it is tentatively scheduled, yours should go to that soon if yor dealer has an allocation. Next Come &quot;D&quot;, which means: firm schedule, serial # is assigned. Then &quot;D1&quot;, which means the plant has sequenced the unit for production and the estimated ship date is assigned. Once it is built and goes to &quot;KZ&quot; that means it is released to shipping and has been invoiced. There are several different stages of &quot;KZ&quot;. &quot;KZM&quot; means first rail departure. &quot;KZN&quot; means first rail arrival. &quot;KZT&quot; means second rail departure. &quot;KZU&quot; means second rail arriaval. &quot;KZX&quot; means it has been delivered to dealer. Hope this helps.<br><br>98Rammer, I'm surprised that the V-10 you drove did not please you. It must of had some problems. The one's I have owned and driven run very well. As I said before I had a 96 1-ton V-10 that we put over 150,000 hard pullin miles on and it ran like a rapped ape right up till the end when it threw a rod. I sold the truck to someone else and they bought an engine out of a wrecked truck and are still driving it. That was 3 years ago.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:32 AM

Thanks Luke for the code information. I also found another site that gives information.<br><br>http://www.dodgeram.org/buying_info/Order_status.htm<br><br>
Old 12-11-2002, 11:43 AM

Good info there as well. The only thing I noticed was where they said the trucks were trucked to chicago and new orleans to get rail loaded was incorrect. Trucks from St.louis got to Centerville Ill. which is just across the river from St.louis, and the one's out of Mexico get loaded at Laredo Texas.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:46 AM

Did I read somewhere that the trucks equipped with the 48RE will be built in MO or is that incorrect?

Quick Reply: Well I sold it all ready